Panels 2010 Feedback and Suggestions

Started by BenihimeSama, June 01, 2010, 02:06:51 AM

Nina Star 9

Quote from: BenihimeSama on June 02, 2010, 12:01:41 AM
I think this was answered in the Lolita/Fashion Show Thread, but there was a scheduling conflict which caused us to move the panel into a smaller room in order to accommodate the panelist's schedules. We are really sorry about that, and next year we will make sure to put it into a bigger room. Also, it was also a little easier for the models to "work the runway" because they were outside and not getting a whole bunch of people stopping the panel to take their pictures.

Overall we are very happy that the panel was a success in light of the overcrowded room. (I was the lady coordinating the fashion show aspect of the panel) Next year we will most definitely make sure you guys have room to have some more fun!
I understand the scheduling issues (I'd rather have it in a small room than not at all!), but it's still something to keep in mind for next year.

Also, I could hardly hear the Who's Line is it Fanime? panel, jut to name another one with sound issues. I was sitting toward the front (toward the front of the middle?), and could hardly hear, so I can't imagine how it was toward the back. :<

The Doctor

Banzai Arcade 2: Hecklers/answer shouters. Not all of them were asshats, but enough of them were to give the rest of us more responsible ones a bad name. If there is an efficient way to remove their tongues for next year, that would be greatly appreciated.

Failing that, I loved the bugs from the programming. That was part of the fun. Hopefully the Alpha version stays with us for years to come.

milkychu

Im a first time attendee and I thought maybe next time post like large signs some places that point to where the panels are held. I got lost and missed one of the panels XD. I think i remember seeing people(volunteers?) walking around with picket signs, but that was like sunday, which really didn't help.

Intern in the Manga Industry
I learned how to make my resume better, i wish they had a copy or some pictures of what they do
rather than just tell us stories on how much they love what they do
the lights went out 0_0;;; for more than like 10 mins, i commend the hosts for not stopping
but they didn't have like a drawing intern, which i was looking for

Art 101 < or was it Sequential Art 101?
very informative for people that are beginners
learned new things too, i liked the slides, wish it was downloadable

Lolita Fashion
very engaging
I liked how they had slides
have an actual runway so that everyone can see better, or an elevated place where the models could stand on

Plushie panel
again good for beginners
learned good stuffing and materials, everything else was a review for me
but i would have wished lil moon have more to say, i like her plushies very much

♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
http://artemis6.deviantart.com/•
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥
http://www.youtube.com/user/connie4790◘

BenihimeSama

Quote from: milkychu on June 06, 2010, 01:45:30 PM
Im a first time attendee and I thought maybe next time post like large signs some places that point to where the panels are held. I got lost and missed one of the panels XD. I think i remember seeing people(volunteers?) walking around with picket signs, but that was like sunday, which really didn't help.

Intern in the Manga Industry
I learned how to make my resume better, i wish they had a copy or some pictures of what they do
rather than just tell us stories on how much they love what they do
the lights went out 0_0;;; for more than like 10 mins, i commend the hosts for not stopping
but they didn't have like a drawing intern, which i was looking for

Art 101 < or was it Sequential Art 101?
very informative for people that are beginners
learned new things too, i liked the slides, wish it was downloadable

Lolita Fashion
very engaging
I liked how they had slides
have an actual runway so that everyone can see better, or an elevated place where the models could stand on

Plushie panel
again good for beginners
learned good stuffing and materials, everything else was a review for me
but i would have wished lil moon have more to say, i like her plushies very much

Concerning the lights issues that came with interning in the manga industry, we know that we were having lighting issues that were way beyond our control. As for the panels being downloaded, that's at the discretion of the panelist. Many can't afford to do that due to copyright or privacy issues. Sowwies!

Keep the reviews and advice coming! If you don't tell us guys, we can't make it better for you! Same for you panelists as well, if there is something you think we should fix, let us know!
Venus Benihime-Sama
Panelist Since 2008
Panels Staff Member since 2010
Proud member of Rena's Rangers! 

Owner of The Geeky Manifestos Blog
Just admit it: Otakus just do it better.