The Dark Side of Magical Girls at Fanime! [Accepted for Fanime 2014]

Started by CeruleanRogue, January 28, 2013, 08:40:41 PM

CeruleanRogue

I just heard last night that this panel was approved.  Check this space for details!

Date: Friday, 5/23
Time: 7PM - 8PM
List of series to be discussed: TBA

Basic Summary:

Think magical girl anime are nothing more than sparkles and rainbows?  Think again!  Come join in the discussion of the 'darker' themes that are present in some of the more popular and well-known magical girl series, and find out why these themes actually are a good thing.

djmonolith

Such a great theme... 2013 is going to be awesome!
This is my signature.

TupacTheRobot

Hachimitsu

either this is a zombie of magical girls..or..
EVERY puella moment in history to show the witches and contracts!

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on January 29, 2013, 03:03:55 AM
either this is a zombie of magical girls..or..

Not gonna give anything away at this point, but you're kinda on the right track.  ;)

Also, for anyone unable to make Fanime but attending SakuraCon, I'll be presenting this panel there as well.  ^_^

I also do tweak this panel every so often to keep things fresh, so no two presentations are ever exactly the same.  I also do present it a bit differently each time, as my own confidence as a presenter increases.  I can't wait for the panel application to go up so I can submit for consideration!

djmonolith

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on January 29, 2013, 03:03:55 AM

That is funny... escecially considering Sayaka's, uh, moment is fresh in my mind having just watched it again last night.

*sniff sniff
This is my signature.

hychelseap

Saki Usagishi

Sounds great I think it will be very interesting. ^^

Glitch

Can't wait to to see the darker moments in magical girl shows outside of Madoka.

CeruleanRogue

Thank you all for your interest!  I am happy to say this panel is a go for Fanime!  Updating the main post with date, time, and room info.

ETA:  FaceBook event invitation.  It's public, so you should be able to RSVP and invite friends.  Let me know if there are any issues.  https://www.facebook.com/events/641496425867527/

Ai_Kaneco

watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

CeruleanRogue

Well, gang.  I had so much fun last year I submitted yet again for this year.  So if you missed last year's presentation (or you wanna see the changes I make between presentations) keep your fingers crossed that this panel gets accepted.  :D

CeruleanRogue

This panel has been accepted for Fanime 2014.  Check the first post for details, and I should have an event invite up ASAP on Facebook.  :D