Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Started by bahamutknightzero, November 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

Christine GO

Does anyone have the photography website of the awesome Nick Fury cosplayer who was there at the Marvel/DC meet? He gave me his card with his website on it and I can't find it anywhere. T__T

thereisnodanaonlyzuul

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 28, 2013, 12:15:23 AM
Hello all, I wanted to address two things:

1) First I would like to apologize with all of the constant moving of the gathering spots. When I was tracking the list through this topic to gauge the number of potential gathering participants, I was sure that the numbers would be able to work with the best possible location chosen to go with under the rather limited spaces due to the construction. Using the turnout from this year's gathering, there is a strong feeling that next year's gathering is going to have some kind of choice priority that the other large sized gatherings have. I have certainly considered using the park location for next year (the one in the middle area close to the tech museum and the Fairmont) just based on the feeling that the old location for the last two gatherings (in front of the main entrance) might've been a bit small to fit all the people we had this year without causing part of the entrance to be blocked.

2) In lieu of all of the difficulties that did come about from the unexpected moments, I personally do hope that these things didn't ruin people's experience of this gathering. The prior two years we're steps in the right direction, this year was a bit of a challenge with the cards that we were offered sort to speak, but stuff like that shouldn't take away from all of the positives that have come about from the fun that the cosplayers were having in the photo groupings. This year has certainly been a learning experience for what could be in store for 2014 and certainly would love to keep this gathering as being one of the most enjoyable gatherings for both the cosplayers and the photographers.

With all of that taken care of, photos of the gathering should be appearing all over the place and more pics will be up too. So for everyone that has taken the time to read this kind of long post; Thank you everyone for helping make this gathering a reality ^_^. Keep an eye out for the topic update in preparation for Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Thank you and enjoy.

I really appreciate the apology and I'm glad you addressed it because honestly, my friends and I got fed up and left. I really wanted to stay but I had other obligations and I ended up completely missing them because I was clinging to the hope that this gathering would get itself together in time for me to do both. I was really upset by the way everything was handled and I personally disliked all of the shouting and shenanigans being pulled by our "famous cosplay guest". I loved everyone's costumes and the participants that I actually got to meet were all wonderful and I hope to see you again and have time to meet more of you next time! I know this year was rough and such, but it was an absolute mess and I hope we can do better with it next year. I hope we do get priority and I think moving to the park would be an excellent idea! The Homestucks do all their stuff there and it seems to work out pretty well for them. If you need help running it next year, I'd be more than willing to do my best to assist with whatever needs to be done.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: thereisnodanaonlyzuul on June 23, 2013, 08:16:07 AM
Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 28, 2013, 12:15:23 AM
Hello all, I wanted to address two things:

1) First I would like to apologize with all of the constant moving of the gathering spots. When I was tracking the list through this topic to gauge the number of potential gathering participants, I was sure that the numbers would be able to work with the best possible location chosen to go with under the rather limited spaces due to the construction. Using the turnout from this year's gathering, there is a strong feeling that next year's gathering is going to have some kind of choice priority that the other large sized gatherings have. I have certainly considered using the park location for next year (the one in the middle area close to the tech museum and the Fairmont) just based on the feeling that the old location for the last two gatherings (in front of the main entrance) might've been a bit small to fit all the people we had this year without causing part of the entrance to be blocked.

2) In lieu of all of the difficulties that did come about from the unexpected moments, I personally do hope that these things didn't ruin people's experience of this gathering. The prior two years we're steps in the right direction, this year was a bit of a challenge with the cards that we were offered sort to speak, but stuff like that shouldn't take away from all of the positives that have come about from the fun that the cosplayers were having in the photo groupings. This year has certainly been a learning experience for what could be in store for 2014 and certainly would love to keep this gathering as being one of the most enjoyable gatherings for both the cosplayers and the photographers.

With all of that taken care of, photos of the gathering should be appearing all over the place and more pics will be up too. So for everyone that has taken the time to read this kind of long post; Thank you everyone for helping make this gathering a reality ^_^. Keep an eye out for the topic update in preparation for Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Thank you and enjoy.

I really appreciate the apology and I'm glad you addressed it because honestly, my friends and I got fed up and left. I really wanted to stay but I had other obligations and I ended up completely missing them because I was clinging to the hope that this gathering would get itself together in time for me to do both. I was really upset by the way everything was handled and I personally disliked all of the shouting and shenanigans being pulled by our "famous cosplay guest". I loved everyone's costumes and the participants that I actually got to meet were all wonderful and I hope to see you again and have time to meet more of you next time! I know this year was rough and such, but it was an absolute mess and I hope we can do better with it next year. I hope we do get priority and I think moving to the park would be an excellent idea! The Homestucks do all their stuff there and it seems to work out pretty well for them. If you need help running it next year, I'd be more than willing to do my best to assist with whatever needs to be done.

With how the numbers were this year and probably for next year, having someone help run the gathering with me would be greatly appreciated

bahamutknightzero

Recycling the topic for the 2014 gathering.  Cleared the information to present a clean slate sort to speak and should be good to go to get things rolling for next year's gathering. Added a little more info to give a bit of an idea of what new things for 2014 (gathering assistants, new location, maybe new time?)

Chesid

It's a bit early for me to be 100% committed just yet, but I'm most likely going to be there next year as New Mutants-era Boom-Boom. My boyfriend *may* be coming as Blue Beetle (Ted Kord, specifically), but yet again, not 100% sure just yet.
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

bahamutknightzero

I understand that it is early and all but it is nice to get a jump on things early before you end up working on a costume on a short amount of time.

Chesid

What I meant is that neither myself or my boyfriend have decided if we're actually going to go to Fanime next year. x3 Since there's so many other cons we haven't been to yet, we're thinking we might just go for a day. Like I said, it's a little early for either of us to be 100% certain.

Boom-Boom is, technically-speaking, about 50-60% done already.
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

stitchez

Depending on my other obligations imma try and attend for 2014! Most likely as Tony Stark (avengers movie status) or Blue Beetle (young justice/jaime reyes) though the latter is more unlikely since my Impulse will not be attending the con.

bahamutknightzero

Sure it is October but can't help but feeling a little early excitement ^_^

bahamutknightzero

Bit of a new year bump

With all of the stuff going on between the end of Fanime 2013 and the start of Fanime 2014, the gathering is going to be crazy fun

keitoghostie

Depending on how my schedule is I may attend as Miss Martian from Young Justice!

bahamutknightzero

Updating the list, Fanime 2014 is starting its approach and we start the march to the gathering

CountMetal

As long as it doesn't interfere with the Fighting Game Shoot, I am thinking about cosplaying as Bruce Banner.

Eliteslayer

I should be able to make it as Coulson. Just gotta work out my schedule, but I'll try to make it!
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

captainvontapdat

I will most likely go as Melinda May from Agents of SHIELD. I can't wait for this gathering!

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

bahamutknightzero

Hey everyone,

Wanted to go ahead and open up some discussion on potential times for the gathering this year. The only set thing is that the gathering will be on a Saturday, the time is something that I'm considering changing for this after what happened last year. There are a few options that I was considering:

1: a later time  (probably 2pm), this will allow people to grab lunch and be able to make it back.
2: an earlier time (it would have to be 10 or 11AM due to Final Fantasy already claiming Noon), this would be tricky since it would be rather early
3: keep the old time (1pm), placing this on the table for those that were okay with the 1pm time

Aiming to get some kind of concise answer by the time the gathering slots open up (thankfully we can get a little priority this year with the number of gathering attendee expected to be huge, nearly triple digits)

ICosplayNeji

The girlfriend and I will be returning as Red Robin and Superboy again! I'm cosplaying Tim's Unternet suit and Gravitiger (my gf) will be in the S shirt and jeans outfit.
After lunch time would be my vote.

Jesse Uppercut

Schedule permitting, I'll be attending as Wolverine, original comic version and my vote is for 1pm which was last year's time. I'm sure it will be another great gathering!
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

MinoDs

I might be attending as either Impulse or Robin from Young Justice! I'm not sure if i'm fully committed to be Impulse but I'm pretty sure i'm going to be Robin. Although, I really do hope I can make it! See you all there! ^^
- Tunnel Snakes Rule! - Ave, True To Caesar -