Monty Oum gathering 2018

Started by Kite, July 19, 2013, 02:28:11 PM

Kite

Rhoswen

I was so inspired by Monty's works and how he imaged these wonderful worlds that we could only dream of. I've always wanted to Cosplay Glynda, so in his honor, I'm bringing her out this year and for many more to come.
Stars cannot shine without Darkness.

Kite

Chibi Tomato

hi
Will be showing up as either Ren or random Beacon student- whichever gets done first.
on a side note, I remember reading that to honor Monty, we should do something creative
mine is a little on the destructive side as well
I will most likely also bring an Ursa pinata for the sake of "I really haven't met anyone yet that does not like pinatas" and it is fitting.
If there is one nay sayer, I will scuttle the pinata idea (and smash it myself =3)

ICosplayNeji

Hello! I'm rsvping for my group and I :) I'll be there as Lie Ren, my gf GraviTiger will be there as Nora, and our friend Skip will be our Pyrrha.

used mattress

Hey there! If I have time, I will definitely try to be there as James Ironwood.
Fanime 2016 line up
Yang Xiao Long - RWBY [? days undecided]
SirLarr's GTA V online character w/giant flag prop - FunHaus [? days undecided]
Ashe or Twisted Fate - League of Legends [? days undecided]

Kite

Kite

Just requested for Saturday between the times of 1 - 4PM, is that OK for everyone?

Kite

Cyanide_Exploder

I'll try to go as Lie Ren. If I do not have the jacket made/delivered in time of the convention, I will be going as a contemporary version of Ren.

Kotuea

Darn it, it looks like the gathering is the same time as Fanimaid Live, which I'm part of, so I won't be able to make it to the gathering... Sorry! I will still cosplay Raven Branwen that day. Maybe sometime after the gathering is done, I'll appear. Hahaha.

JReyx01

This gathering sounds interesting. I'm cosplaying as Junior so I'll be sure to check it out.

mignon garcon

I will also be cosplaying as Nora from RWBY!!!

Korium9

Quote from: JReyx01 on April 24, 2015, 11:03:59 PM
This gathering sounds interesting. I'm cosplaying as Junior so I'll be sure to check it out.

Ooh, I'm Junior as well!

Naiagu

I won't be able to make School Emerald as planned so I'm bringing Slayer Version Ruby Rose.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Korium9

Ok, I have to ask the dumb question:

Fanime posted building maps: I apparently can't find G4 -- can someone clarify where this is?
(Gold - Panels 4 in the Fairmont?)

RoyalSlothCos

Quote from: Korium9 on May 11, 2015, 09:58:13 AM
Ok, I have to ask the dumb question:

Fanime posted building maps: I apparently can't find G4 -- can someone clarify where this is?
(Gold - Panels 4 in the Fairmont?)
G4 is actually specific to the gatherings and relates to areas in and around the convention center.
Also it's not a dumb question. the gathering location 'codes' can be confusing

G4 = "The Hub" (alcove area 1st floor)

All other location 'codes' can be found here>http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19895.0.html
Fanime 2015 cosplay;
Luka Megurine (Seven Deadly Sins - Lust)-Friday
Pyrrha (RWBY)-Saturday
Navi/Proxi (LOZ: OoT/Hyrule Warriors)-Sunday
Yumoto Hakone (Bouei-bu - School uniform)-Monday
GoT style dress (cold nights only)

Making;
Juan (RWBY (for a friend)

Korium9

Quote from: queeniesloth on May 11, 2015, 09:11:59 PM
G4 is actually specific to the gatherings and relates to areas in and around the convention center.

All other location 'codes' can be found here>http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19895.0.html
Thanks! (& very amused at how fitting a Pyrrah answers)

ProfessorPlaz

Definitely attending this gathering. I'll be bringing my Roman Torchwick cosplay, so this is bound to be interesting.

Chibi Tomato

Quote from: Korium9 on May 12, 2015, 08:04:20 AM
Quote from: queeniesloth on May 11, 2015, 09:11:59 PM

Thanks! (& very amused at how fitting a Pyrrah answers)

Is that where we are actually shooting or just where to meet?
/dumb question