GINTAMA GATHERING 2017 - Updated 3/30/2017

Started by AigooDantat, August 15, 2015, 02:05:43 PM

AigooDantat

GINTAMA GATHERING 2017

Welcome cosplayers, fans, photographers, and friends to Fanime 2016's gathering! Whether it's your first time or you're a returnee, I'm really glad to have you joining us as this wouldn't be possible without you, so I hope you'll have a fantastic time being among your fellow fans.

ORGANIZER: AigooDantat (Dan)
PHOTOGRAPHER: J2-P2 Photography

GATHERING INFORMATION
Date: Saturday 5/27/17
Time: 10-11

ACTIVITIES (Tentative list - open for suggestions)
Ice breaker
Group photos
All ladies/female characters (for any crossplayers)
All gentlemen/male characters (for any crossplayers)
Group photos of duplicated characters (e.g. multiple gintoki's)
Yorozuya
Shinsengumi
Shimura siblings
Yato clan/siblings
Joui group
Any other pairing/small group photos
Another group photos
Requests
***Note: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

OTHER INFORMATION
See "NEWS OF GATHERING" on Post 3.
You don't need to be cosplaying in order to join. Everyone is welcome so bring your friends and spread the words!
Facebook (Join us on FB if you have an account): https://www.facebook.com/events/880523818669207/
Photos from 2016 gathering: https://www.facebook.com/events/880523818669207/
Photos from 2015 gathering: https://www.facebook.com/events/1074020085958151/

LIST OF POSSIBLE ATTENDEES Updated: 3/30/2017 (Total Attendees: 14)
AigooDantat (Dan) - Host
Nadjwa Nabila - FB
Chung Trần - FB
David Tariq - FB
William Tran - FB
EJ Runner - FB
Kc Curry - FB
Lia Krieger - FB
Janice Palmer - FB
Ciara Hipple - FB
Jonathan Park - FB
Belinda Homick - FB
Jessica Chong - FB
Mocchisama Oh - FB

snowmisao

Hello this is An the cohost of the gathering :D hope to see you there. I will be cosplaying as shinpachi ^_^
My Fanime Cosplays 2017
-Re:Zero: Felt, Crusch, Ram, Reinhard, Felix
-Gintama: Shinpachi Shimura

AigooDantat

NEWS OF GATHERING:
03/30/2017 - Date and Location Set
Hello. We finally get our gathering date and location set! Hope to see everyone there!

03/12/2017 - Gathering Submission
Hi everyone. Hope you all are well, and I apologize for the late update. I've been busy with work and some personal things, which is why I haven't got a chance to update this thread. Nevertheless, a form has been submitted for the gathering (Thank you, @Rhoswen, for the reminder!). I will keep everyone updated as soon as I hear from the gathering staffs.

07/27/2016 - 2017 Thread Edit
I know it's super early but I'd like to make preparation for next year's gathering in this thread. Stay tune for more updates!

loveamiibo

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I can't see the Facebook link for the gathering.

Thanks!

AigooDantat

Quote from: loveamiibo on March 09, 2016, 03:58:51 PM
Hi I just wanted to let you know that I can't see the Facebook link for the gathering.

Thanks!

Hi Loveamiibo. Thank you for letting us know! I've fixed the link (hopefully). Please let me know if there's any other trouble. Thanks!

flahmunrah

AigooDantat

Hi Julia! Glad to have you with us again this year. Please join us on Facebook event if you can. We'll have a photographer to take our pictures, so if you have any ideas in term of poses our pic location then let me know :)

gie.tenshya

I'll be going as Kagura (the school version). I don't have a facebook so....

AigooDantat

Quote from: gie.tenshya on May 04, 2016, 03:05:32 PM
I'll be going as Kagura (the school version). I don't have a facebook so....

Welcome gie.tenshya! I'm so glad you can join us. And don't worry if you don't have FB. This is one of the reasons why this forum thread exist :) I'll be going as future Kagura from the latest movie, so I'm really excited to see other different versions of Kagura.

Also, we have a photographer to take our pictures, so if you have some ideas about poses/location, feel free to let me know!

Justaplate

Hey all! I just found this thread. I'm planning a Ginko/genderbent!Gin cosplay and would like to join the gathering, if that's ok :)

snowmisao

Yes come and join the gathering :D we will be taking pictures together.

-pachi boy
My Fanime Cosplays 2017
-Re:Zero: Felt, Crusch, Ram, Reinhard, Felix
-Gintama: Shinpachi Shimura

Hakaru_chan

Hey there! This is the organizer for the Shonen Jump Gathering. I'm in the process of updating my gathering thread. I will make sure to the fullest to prevent scheduling the Shonen Jump Gathering during ANY OF THE SERIES' OTHER GATHERINGS (including yours which is why I am leaving this message (SJ Titles etc.) This is a challenge but I will do the best I can.

Just writing here to check in with you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again!
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

AigooDantat

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on January 19, 2017, 01:54:25 PM
Hey there! This is the organizer for the Shonen Jump Gathering. I'm in the process of updating my gathering thread. I will make sure to the fullest to prevent scheduling the Shonen Jump Gathering during ANY OF THE SERIES' OTHER GATHERINGS (including yours which is why I am leaving this message (SJ Titles etc.) This is a challenge but I will do the best I can.

Just writing here to check in with you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again!

Hi. Thanks for the heads up and I apologize for the late response. I didn't see your gathering on the list, but I hope all will be well with everything. I know it's difficult to schedule a gathering without overlapping with other series, but I appreciate your consideration.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Naiagu

Hello, I will be attending as Sa-chan :)
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

haruhaneko

I'll be going as Kagura in her usual qipao! will be dragging along some friends who are into gintama too :^)
2017 Lineup:
Friday: Maid Class Sakura (Fire Emblem Fates)
Saturday AM: Kagura / PM: Yume no Tobira Rin
Sunday AM: Asui Tsuyu / PM: Koizumi Mahiru
Monday: Watanabe You(?)