Do I have to get in line before 8pm?

Started by Brutal, May 14, 2015, 10:22:20 AM

Brutal

Ive been going to fanime for a while now and everytime i go, I go early so when they open I can just get in and get out.

But usually even if im close to the beggining of the line SOMETIMES I wont get my badge until way later. Last time it was already 10pm and i finally got ahold of my badge.

This is for Thursday...
If pick up closes at 8pm do I have to make sure im in line before that time In order to pick up my badge? Like can i jump in the line at 7:59pm and still be elegible to pick up my badge.

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

beastboytitans

are you able to go earlier?
last time i got mine at the doubletree and it was a breeze. we were there a bit early before it "opened" but once the line started it was only like 30-45 min

Brutal

Quote from: beastboytitans on May 14, 2015, 10:24:22 AM
are you able to go earlier?
last time i got mine at the doubletree and it was a breeze. we were there a bit early before it "opened" but once the line started it was only like 30-45 min
well for sure im not going to get there at 7:59pm i was just saying as an example. Im just trying to decide to either get there stupid early and wait in a long line for a long time or get there later in the day while the line is moving and and just get out whenever i get out.

beastboytitans

I guess it depends hehe
if you wanna come early and get it out of the way forever then yar
but I noticed in the afternoon on friday there was like NO line at all.
like around 3-4 if im remembering correctly.

Brutal

Quote from: beastboytitans on May 14, 2015, 10:31:10 AM
I guess it depends hehe
if you wanna come early and get it out of the way forever then yar
but I noticed in the afternoon on friday there was like NO line at all.
like around 3-4 if im remembering correctly.
Well i got the hotel room for Thursday as well And im gonna wanna go in the con early friday so for sure im gonna pick it up thursday im just looking for a right time to go.

beastboytitans

aw ye i feel yeah.
i got mine thursday last time (1st fanime)
i think we showed up like 2 hours early lol
I can't speak for the con center
but the doubletree line moved stupid fast ^o^

actually i remember they delayed it for some damn reason and ppl were like
wtf im going to the con center

but right after a great deal of ppl left they were like lol jk lets go
and then the line went wumbo fast

Olivine

I didn't even have to wait in line on Thursday last year, I showed up around 3PM and just went straight inside, didn't take more than 5-10 minutes.
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

Kyra_Maverick

The new reg system feels about 40 times faster than the old one. I, along with everyone else, fully expected a multi hour wait last year and was basically dumbfounded by how fast it went. The wait only took as long as it physically took me to walk through the zig-zag queue they had set up. I don't see why they would deviate from what worked so well last year.

To actually answer your question, yes. You will need to be in line before 8pm because staff will close the queue to late arrivals.

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 14, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
The new reg system feels about 40 times faster than the old one. I, along with everyone else, fully expected a multi hour wait last year and was basically dumbfounded by how fast it went. The wait only took as long as it physically took me to walk through the zig-zag queue they had set up. I don't see why they would deviate from what worked so well last year.

To actually answer your question, yes. You will need to be in line before 8pm because staff will close the queue to late arrivals.
^-- Yeah, my group got there around 5 on day zero expecting a long wait in line. Instead we ended up all "... We already have our badges, EFF NO to that swap meet line... so... uh.... we have several extra hours to kill that were originally budgeted for 'wait in prereg line hell'...."
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?