at-con badge pickup questions

Started by Hakiro, May 19, 2010, 06:13:18 PM

Hakiro

So I'm gonna go for 1 day. I go to the main doors and wait in line. When I'm at the front and ask for a 1-day ticket, what do I need/do besides money? I'm 15 years old. Do I need gov ID for under 18 + at-con registration?

Kyra_Maverick

Yes, you will need a valid government ID, be that Drivers License, State ID or Passport.

http://www.fanime.com/registration/attenfaq/

ewu

Actually, as per the FAQ, you only need ID if you are not paying cash
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

Really? I didn't see that in there anywhere. Only exception I saw was if you are under 18 and with a con registered guardian.

ewu

look under the At-Con registration section
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Reg FAQAt-Con Registration

Q: What is At-Con Registration?

A: At-Con badges range from Full Weekend to one-day badges. They are not laminated and memberships can only be purchased at FanimeCon, hence the phrase "at-con."

Q: When/Where do I go to purchase my membership for At-Con Registration?
A: You can purchase your membership starting on Friday. You can purchase them at the line to the right of the Pre-Registration lines during our hours.

Q: Is this the only time I can purchase one-day memberships?

A: Yes.

Q: If I buy a one-day membership but I want to come back for more days, what should I do?
A: During the convention, please come to Registration and let staff know that you want to upgrade your badge.

Q: Are kids 10 and under free?
A: Yes, kids 10 and under are free. However, you would need to register them at-con to get their child badge.

Not here. But that wasn't the issue. It's nice to know that minors have a work around for not having ID.

ewu

It is the case for now, however, abuse may quickly lead to a policy change
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

azreale

wondering. if i brought my boyfriends school id, my school id, and a picture of the 2 of us together... would i be able 2 pick up his badge for him? what if i had a note from him saying i could?
unfortunately we forgot to sign up as a group
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

ewu

no you will not. Absolutely no one can register and pick up the badge except for the person on the account.

What will we do if someone registered you and then you come later and we released your badge already? Registration does not have the resources nor the time to address issues that will spawn from such exceptions.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

mattduy

Is it possible to use my permit to get my badge with my school ID?

chris-barstow

I used my school ID last 3 years and never got any trouble, but the permit and ID would work if they changed (if its good enough for the cops it should work for staff)

mattduy

azreale

what time do the doors to pick up pre-reg badges open?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: azreale on May 26, 2010, 12:35:10 PM
what time do the doors to pick up pre-reg badges open?

5 PM tomorrow. TOMORROW! AHHHH!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015