Re: Fanime 2014 Roommate thread (fulfilled)

Started by mikasa-san, January 17, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

mikasa-san

EDIT: Roommates currently booked and full! See you all at Fanime 2014!
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

Hachimitsu

Roommates Wanted:
$120/per person

note:ROOM IS FULL.

people confirmed to go (i can only hold 5 MAYBE 6 people)
Note: Blue = Male   /  Pink = Female
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hachimitsu-ink = I'm in charge of the hotels!

Sivartius = nice guy and sounds like he knows how to handle helping situations

AznNinjaAssassin = YEAY HES GOING TO FANIME!!!

Baimont = an artist ^ ^!
http://baimonart.deviantart.com/

Misamo = my first room mate from last year ^ ^!, very sweet person

DigiREV = OKay shes in.. shes a nice artist and is cosplaying with over 6 different attires.. heres hoping to once again see her in action ^ ^!

..::Awaiting from people::..

gio takahashi (a friend of mine from naples, florida ) = figuring this out, because that airline ticket is VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! so I have to wait if he purchase the airline or not

+ Introduction:
Hello my name is hachimitsu (Male - Age 31) and I would like to let you know I book a hotel and I have a few friends wanting to stay over, downside is I am very certain that they wont make it due to "personal business".

The last room mates i had were very polite and awesome and the most troublesome part was that our experience from last year wasn't that very thoughtful (fanime construction, long lines, and me being late due to artist alley). I did the very best i could to please them and in the end, it turn out alright O_O! I hope v_v!

+ Hotel Information:
I will be staying at the hyatt hotel (right across the street) from the convention. I promise you its not very far!
http://goo.gl/maps/KSj38

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
+ Costs:$120
I know this is expensive to you but to me, your helping paying the hotel, followed by having your very own key as well

if you are traveling from a different state (not california), I will be kindful in return with something nice. (I can't tell you because its something that makes you happy...sorta)
NOTE: Do not pay me now, only pay me when we all meet each other, if you don't have enough money well, lets hope I have enough to pay through and we can work something out how O_O! but seriously I realllly am pinching hard on selling my artworks and such!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
+ Requirements:
- For once i really like to have a conversation of how your doing, if your okay ya know, but try not to joke when i a in trouble
- I am very stressful and late, so please don't be mad at me, I have a very good reason!..mostly artist alley and gallery
- If I am a messy person, I will clean my mess up as neat as possible, also try to be neat and nice as well O_O!..
- DO NOT BRING COLORED SODAS! they will charge ALOT of money, I learned my lesson after strawberry soda, so just bring clear soda or just water!
- if I feel depress, please cheer me up!. it helps a lot!

+ Contact:
~you can private message me
~<= LQQk left] Send me an email underneath my Avitar
~http://hachimitsu-ink.deviantart.com
Face book uhm.. I am totally new so i am not sure hot this works!
~I do have skype but im kinda having alot of contacts mixing who is what and what is who!

+ Miscellaneous:
I am hoping to participating on Artist alley and swap meet.
I do get stressed out a lot.
I will also bring some Cosplay materials incase if anything is needed on mending

Kuudere

Roommates found (and a bit of an alternates list)! Thanks!

DreamHalliwell

Please read the other post I posed here

Amarok

Room found! Thank you to everyone who responded to me!  ;D

I've tried responding to a few people's postings but haven't heard back from anyone, so I figured I should probably just make my own cry for help at this point!

Need a room!

+ Introduction: Hi there!  My name's Mark, and I'm a dude in my mid-20s who lives in San Diego. I'm a cosplayer, gamer, artist, fan of animu/manga, and I'm really easy-going, friendly, clean, and responsible. I'm used to going to cons in the NW, and it's been a few years since I've been to Fanime, but I am hoping to do a bunch of stuff and have a great time this year.

+ Hotel Information: I'm looking for a room from Thursday until Monday or Thursday until Sunday if possible! I'd like to be in a hotel near the convention or on the shuttle line.

+ Requirements: I'm not very picky! I'm fine with rooming with people of a variety of ages/genders--just no kids, please. I just need space for my crap/a spot on the floor to sleep. I hope to room with people who aren't so excited for Fanime that they forget to bathe. If you're a night owl/early bird or whatever that's fine and I can totally work around your schedule! I plan on being at the con except for when sleeping for the most part, so it shouldn't be a big deal.  ;D

+ Contact: You can send me a message here or via e-mail (amarok.tristalli(at)gmail.com), although e-mail's best as a last resort in case your mail gets stuck in my spam folder. I can give you a link to my FB if you want or try to talk to you on a messenger as well!

+ Miscellaneous: I can pay in advance, and if you have any special rules I can do my best to follow them (assuming there's nothing crazy!)

Hope to hear from somebody soon, and thanks in advance. :]

The Doctor

Roommates Currently Full

+ Introduction: Name's Virgil, and most people call me Soap, unfortunately. I recently inherited a doublebed room and have space for 2 more people as of my writing this. This is currently a room of responsible people, looking for likewise. Partying is not discouraged, but must be kept within reasonable boundaries.

+ Hotel Information: The hotel is the Hilton San Jose, one of the adjacent hotels for the SJCC, and is booked from Friday-Monday.

+ Costs: Cost of the room will be $74 for the full weekend, if roommate numbers are met. As previously stated, we have 0 space available

+ Requirements: Little is expected from potential roommates beyond prompt payment via Paypal no later than 2 weeks prior to convention (some exceptions may be made in the event of emergency, or other really good reason) and respecting the personal space, and belongings of all roommates. All hotel rules are expected to be complied with, and any shady business will earn you the boot from the room, but if you have a sense of self-respect, and reason, you should be fine with us. As mentioned, partying is encouraged, but it's gotta be reasonable. Everyone needs sleep, at some point.

+ Contact: PM me here or email me at [email protected]

+ Miscellaneous: Fans of stand-up, Iron Maiden, or Black Moth Super Rainbow a big plus. Unfortunately, persons under the age of 18 need not apply.

obliviousedward

THIS ROOM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Roommates Wanted for Extra Room

+ Introduction: My name is Laura. Back when housing first opened I booked a second/extra room in the event that my usual con-going group fell apart and I'd subsequently be forced to attend with a smaller number of people. At this point in time I've found that is no longer the case, and so I no longer have need of this extra room. I know that time-wise it's coming down to the wire at this point, but I thought I'd at least try and see if there are 3-4 people who need a place to stay who'd be interested in taking said extra room off my hands before I am forced to cancel the reservation.

+ Hotel Information: The room in question is reserved at the San Jose Airport Hotel. It's about 3-4 miles from the convention center and is on the free shuttle route. The room has two double-beds, and parking for this hotel is free. Arrival time for the reservation is Friday, May 23, and departure time is Tuesday, May 27.

+ Costs: The rate for this room is $85 per night, with the total estimated cost (including tax) being $391.60. If four people end up occupying this room, then that cost will be split among them at about $98 per person.

+ Requirements: Since I myself will not be occupying this room, I only ask that those who express interest be decent and responsible people. The room is non-smoking, so be aware of that if you do in fact smoke. The way I see it, if this room receives enough interest from other con-goers who need a place to stay, we can work out any other restrictions and requirements as needed.

+ Contact: If you're interested in the room, or if you have any general questions at all, feel free to send me a PM here on the con forums, or send me a message through my facebook page, found here: https://www.facebook.com/flamingo.hate.marshmallows

+ Miscellaneous: I currently have one person interested in this room, but only if others come forward and express interest as well in order to cut the "per person" cost down. I figure that once/if enough people express interest in the room before the online cancellation deadline comes up, and we work out any kinks, I'll transfer "ownership" of the room over to said person and you all can go from there. This is the first time I've done anything like this over the forums, so forgive me if anything comes off as too lax.
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

angelXboy

Need a room:

+ Introduction: Hey I'm an 18 year old and I can warm up to people pretty quickly if I do say so myself. I'm into video games, namely JRPGs and whatnot.

+ Hotel Information: It would be awesome if it was within walking distance. Or hey! Maybe connected to the convention! But really it doesn't matter walking is good for you.

+ Requirements: Like I said, I'm 18 so alcohol MAY not be a good idea. But personally, I don't mind. Just don't give it to me because I don't want anybody getting kicked out. But once again, I don't mind that there are people drinking in the room. Also as long as it's not too expensive I guess it's alright. Just don't empty my wallet lol... I can pay in cash or paypal. Paypal would be a good idea...

+ Contact: Phone: 510-896-9225
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angelXboy
Tumblr: http://branman.tumblr.com
email: [email protected]

+ Miscellaneous: Cosplaying from Disgaea, Dramatical Murder, Tales, aannd I don't know what else if any. But yeah. I'm into video games, anime/manga (moreso anime), music (I play music! But I suck ahaha)

CALL OR TEXT ME

Edit: I have been contacted about a room offer already from somebody from tumblr. If I reply to your offer it's because the thing didn't work out and I just move onto the next person in the list.

Edit again: I am now already rooming with someone this post is no longer valid. I hope the rest of you get a room mate to fill that empty spot up!

AngelWings

This room has been filled. See you at con!
If you need a room for Wednesday pm me and we can talk! That is for the San Jose airport hotel.
Roommate wanted Male or Female
I'm Arianna a 24 year old female from the Central Valley and a long time fanime attendee. There is already one roommate with the same details different name as well as her boyfriend 26 from Sunnyvale. We're going to be excited and out late/early, but we are quiet in the room. We will be cosplaying this con. We would love to make more friends so you'd get to hang with us if you wanted. There will probably be board games and such in the room for downtime. If you want to bring a friend by the room that's fine as long as you let me know and you don't leave them there unattended because any guest of yours is your responsibility and will reflect on you. This is a non-smoking, non-drinking room so if you do so please keep it out of the room. You will be free to come and go as you wish. Coming back drunk is not permissable. No drugs either. No sex. Theft will make me call the police as will any other crime.
Hotel: Fairmont two bedded room. Thursday- Monday; (I also have a hotel for Wednesday so If you are interested in that we can negotiate)
Cost: 135 per person including taxes/fees.
Contact me.
Optional Additional.
If you are parking that is your own expenditure. Fairmont has valet parking only, but there are a couple lots in the area.
Requirements
Just contact me and we can discuss it.
Bathing is a definite requirement. Just be respectful of the fact that you are sharing a room with other people and it should work out. Don't do anything that would cause my credit card to deal with additional room fees. Don't make the place a huge mess. Have fun.

oriahna

All of the spots have been filled! I'd love to take more in but unfortunately I can't! Good luck to everyone else and I hope you all find a room!!!

KellBean

Need a Room

Introduction: Hello my name is Kelli, I am a 27 year old female and I live in Benicia.  I went to Fanime last year.

Hotel Information: It would be wonderful if the hotel was the Fairmont, Hyatt, Marriot, or etc.  I am only staying for Sunday night, I have a room set up for Friday and Saturday night at DoubleTree.

Requirements: For the cost it would be wonderful if it stayed $60 or under.  It is fine if the room has both genders, although I won't be comfortable if it were just guys.  I am going to bring a sleeping bag and two suitcases, so I don't mind if I sleep on the floor.  I would prefer a no drugs or smoking room.

I will give my phone number later when the rooming is confirmed.

Edit: Found a room.
Fanime Cosplays

Black Widow - Civil War/Winter Soldier
Nami (Time Skip) - One Piece
Nanami (Formal Kimono) - Kamisama Kiss
Sea Goddess
Red Panda Kigurumi

Dare9179

FULL, THERE ISN'T ANY ROOM

+ Introduction: My name is Nataly, I'm 22 years old. I'm have been going to fanime since 2010 and everyone in the room is a veteran going to Fanime (so just in case you are new, there is some one there to help you). I'm currently in-charge of two gatherings: Ace Attorney/Layton and Tiger and Bunny.

Ace:http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18690.0.html
T&B:http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18682.0.html

+ Hotel Information: From Friday until Monday.The hotel is the Hyatt across from the Hilton and Convention. The room is a King size bed with a pull out couch and there is mini frig.

+ Costs: If I have 7 people, then the price will be $55.

+ Requirements: I prefer to have the last roommate to FEMALE because it will much easier since most of us will be strangers. Respecting the personal space, and belongings of all roommates. All hotel rules are expected to be complied with, and any shady business will earn you the boot from the room. But if you have a sense of self-respect and reason, you should be fine with us. There is no party in the room, it is just a place everyone can relax and sleep.

+ Contact

+ Miscellaneous: Payment information will be given once you contact me.

that_one_guy

ROOMATES NEEDED
Hello, my name is Steve, I am a worldwide published, multiple award winning cosplay designer. I have a room at fairmont for friday-monday
$80 for the weekend, pay before i let you in the room, you can paypal it and i might cut you a break on price, just ask
ground rules:
cosplay is awesome (of course) NO FULL BODY PAINT THOUGH
18+ please, (21+ prefered, there will be booze, we will share if you pitch in)
take a shower
be friendly
it is a one bed room, so it will be a floor spot, i'm covering more than my share, so i will be taking half the bed, i'm not super phobey, so if you guys wanna fight over the other half, go for it...haha
any questions find me on FB https://www.facebook.com/ravecrazed

EDIT: room filled! thanks guys!

Radraymond01

Room Needed!

Good Evening!

Introduction: My name is Raymond, I am 28 years old, and this will be my 4th year going to Fanime. In the past, I've cosplayed as Sasuke and L (Deathnote). This year, I plan on going as Sasuke, Itachi, Zack from FF7, and possibly wearing a horsehead mask just for the hell of it. Due to the hotels around the convention filling up quickly, I was unable to snag a room, so I am in dire need of a hotel room near the convention. I will also have two of my brothers coming with me; my first brother will cosplay as Death the Kidd, Gaara, Sasori, and Cloud. My other brother will cosplay as Zero from Vampire Knight, Naruto, Sephiroth, and he's also bought a hilariously looking Burger King costume which is to die for. So there will be 3 of us, looking for a room.

Hotel Information:

I am looking for a room near or on the Convention Center. We just need a room nearby to sleep, shower, and change cosplays for meets and stuff like that. Ideally, I would like to check in on Thursday and check out on Monday. I know there's hotels by the airport, but I'd rather not have to lug around our FF7 weapons around the light rail/bus with people looking. I don't care if it's a co-ed room or if you smoke/drink/party just as long as our stuff is respected and not touched without permission. We don't mind if we sleep on the floor or whatnot, we just want a walking distance to the con.

Requirements:

We just need the room to shower, change, and get some sleep after a long day Fanime day. We're pretty chill and keep mostly to ourselves most of the time. I also prefer to be in a room that doesn't have a lot of people packed like sardines, but I am not opposed to it. If it's a quiet room, great, and if it's a party room, that's just as great- I don't mind just as long as you don't go overly crazy lol. Just please respect our stuff and prefer that our weapons aren't swung around.

You can get a hold of me here, or by email - [email protected].
I used to have a FB, but I deactivated because I don't use it anymore. But here is my Cosplay.com profile:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2599285/

Thank you for your time and hope to see you all at Fanime!

UPDATE:

We were able to get a room, thanks to all who offered, we appreciated it. See you all at Fanime!

ShingekiNoDumbass

EDIT: Room found!
NEED A ROOM
+ Introduction: Hi! My name is Patricia and I am 14 years old. I like anime/mango, drawing, and skateboarding. I am in search of a room for me and my friend(I will be paying for the both of us) from May 23 - May 26/27th
+ Hotel Information: Somewhere near the convention please! It has to be within walking distance. I can pay around 100(200 with my friend)
+ Requirements: Just a place to sleep, keep our stuff, change, and shower. Me and my friend can sleep on the floor.
+ Contact: PM me or email me at [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: I do have slight anxiety issues so I keep anxiety/depression meds. I can pay by paypal(will have a processing time) or by Wells Fargo Sure Pay(aka Bank Transfer).

Hachimitsu

Room is full...

HOTEL COST: $120
Comes with::

• Your very own Hotel Key
  • Small special surprise
If you want to negotiate a price, the chances of the surprise will be reduce to zero...
Surprise hint: it's something you need for fanime...

Hotel Information: Hyatt hotel
The hotel is located on the Hyatt.... right across the street of Fanimecon

People who going::MALE - FEMALE

• Hachimitsu - hotel leader ^ ^ !(I sleep in the Hallway)
  • jeffrey(he lost his job so.. he's going?)
  • Savaritus
  • misa-chan (She got dibs on the sofa couch or the bed)
  • DAF (shes going to use the room temporary, so she will stop by to use the shower)

Introduction:
Hi my name is hachimitsu, and so far things WERE looking good O_O!.... I had 3 people with me but decided they cannot make it.. Gio said his work place would not allowed to have the days off
So again, im re-posting my Roomate because I really had everyone together!.. now it was 6 people drop down to 3....

Rules:

• Don't bring any colored sodas.. a carpet stain  = $75 dollars at your own expense.. its not worth it
  • best to send a private message about yourself... I have alot of concerns meeting new people...
  • please respect other peoples things..if your a messy person.. well, don't worry we are all are >_<!
  • I have some things from swap meet and Artist alley so if I get stressed out.. Please cheer me up...

near my avitar there should be a list of ways you can contact me...

Miscellaneous:
I plan to bring 2 costumes, my artist alley items, and uhm... I sometimes have depression or stressful moments.. try to cheer me up in anyway you can...[/s]

Kanameshito

Roommates Needed 
My hotel will be the  Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at this location as stated)

+ Introduction: Hi there my name is Amy and my boyfriend and I are in need of 1 or 2 roommates. Females preferred. But anything is cool. This will be my 9th Fanimecon and his 8th.
Currently we have two other confirmed roommates :D
   Roommates acquired <3 See you at Fanimecon everyone
+ Hotel Information: We have the Marriott from Thursday, May 22, 2014 to Sunday, May 25, 2014 so 3 nights total here. But we do have the Fairmont for Wednesday the 21st and Sunday the 25th too.
+ Costs: Cost will be split depending on how many people we get. so anywhere from $60 to $100 dollars for the whole weekend per person :D.
+ Requirements: No drugs no smoking even if outside my boyfriend has really bad asthma . 21 and up preferred . Drinking is fine too if you aren't an angry drunk >:c. Friendly respectful people would be awesome too :D
+ Contact:You can contact me at [email protected]  If you are interested or have any other questions please drop me a line :D Thank you and have a good one!!
+ Miscellaneous: Payment will be required prior to check in which should be around 3 pm. Thank you! Also checkout is generally at noon But there are places to store luggage for a bit.
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

Arashi Cesana

Space filled
ANIME ANIME ANIME ANIME ANIME MANGA MANGA MANGA MANGA MANGA JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN

Kanameshito

Roommates successfully acquired see you all at Fanime <3
Roommates needed
My hotel will be the  Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at this location as stated)

+ Introduction: Hi there my name is Amy and my boyfriend and I are in need of 1 or 2 roommates. Females preferred. But anything is cool. This will be my 9th Fanimecon and his 8th.
Currently we have two other confirmed roommates :D    Roommates acquired <3 See you at Fanimecon everyone The room is full now!
+ Hotel Information: We have the Marriott from Thursday, May 22, 2014 to Sunday, May 25, 2014 so 3 nights total here. But we do have the Fairmont for Wednesday the 21st and Sunday the 25th too.
+ Costs: Cost will be split depending on how many people we get. so anywhere from $60 to $100 dollars for the whole weekend per person :D.
+ Requirements: No drugs no smoking even if outside my boyfriend has really bad asthma . 21 and up preferred . Drinking is fine too if you aren't an angry drunk >:c. Friendly respectful people would be awesome too :D
+ Contact:You can contact me at [email protected]  If you are interested or have any other questions please drop me a line :D Thank you and have a good one!!
+ Miscellaneous: Payment will be required prior to check in which should be around 3 pm. Thank you! Also checkout is generally at noon But there are places to store luggage for a bit.
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

Raishiteru

Thank you for all the responses!
I've filled up my hotel room quota now!
Good luck to everyone else still looking!

1 Roommate Wanted!
Hilton @ Thursday~Monday!
$60 per person!

Introduction
My name is Rai and I'm 19 years old college freshman. I'm actually somewhat new to Fanime, and have only gone 2 other years (last year and the year before)! I'm somewhat timid, but I try to be very warm and welcoming, and am definitely very open-minded! I love party-people, but I'm also quite fond of those who are soft-spoken, and adore everything in between.

I've kind of fallen out of reading manga and watching anime, but still very much enjoy these two genres and love to cosplay my favorite characters with my friends! My other roomies are all very nice gals, who don't want the price of our split hotel to go up!

Hotel Information
I currently have a double room in the Hilton Hotel booked for Thursday~Monday, with a king size bed and a rollaway bed! This means, as long as you are okay with sharing beds with others, no one has to sleep on the ground!

Costs
Each person only has to pay $60! This is very cheap compared to some other prices offered out there, so I really hope you'll consider it!

Requirements
All my roomies are girls, so I'd greatly prefer girls. However, if you are a boy around the age of 19, there can be exceptions. Please no drugs, drinking, or smoking of any kind! I'm okay with these things, but chances are, my roommates are not, so it's only right to treat everyone in the room with respect. We don't mind loudness, but when everyone's trying to sleep, please go along with the group's wishes.

Contact
There are many ways to contact me, including tweeting at me via Twitter (Raishiteru), messaging me on Facebook (Rai Huang), or simply emailing me ([email protected]). It is only after that you're 100% sure to be rooming with us that I'll give you my phone number so that you may text or call me, thank you!

Miscellaneous
Please don't be offended if I reject you! However, the only reason I may do so is probably because someone else has already claimed the spot before you messaged me. If I approve of your request to room with us, I'd like to be paid $60 whenever we meet up and I'm able to hand you a hotel room key*, please.

*I'm hoping that I'll be able to accommodate and get everyone a key, but if not, I hope y'all don't mind sharing! If you'd like a key after Fanime is over, I know some people like to keep them as souvenirs, I wouldn't mind giving you mine!

Thank you for your time!
Rai