Shin Megami Tensei / Persona 2013!

Started by linefaced, November 09, 2012, 01:05:03 AM

Redstarship

Quote from: linefaced on May 20, 2013, 06:50:19 PM
I'm afraid I can't fill the spot since I'll be trying to run the show, but you might want to clarify: do you mean you need a handler for just the gathering, a day, or the whole weekend?  The likelihood of finding someone for the latter two is probably fairly low, Fanime's usually an incredibly busy con for people who are running around doing multiple costume changes per day/attending a bunch of events, and especially on Saturday and Sunday.  You could try offering to comp them lunch or something in exchange, but I know most cosplayers have a lot going on over the weekend.

I guess I do need to clarify more. Hmm.
Well I'm going to be the sheep on Friday (probably late afternoon) and the Reaper on Saturday (probably morning till after the day gathering). I'm down with giving free lunch or coffee for anyone is willing to help me out. I figure I can just cosplay the length of the time the person or group is cosplaying from either series. (As long as it's not like....just two hours or something...I'm only used to cosplay one thing per day. O_o; ). I also have no set plans, so all I'm really going to do is run around the con in my costumes.

So basically I may need someone to help me out Friday and Saturday. I'm open to making new friends too. >3<

lumberman_619

Well I am new to this forum, but I am planning to do a simple Izanagi cosplay this year, however I am lacking boots, if anyone doesn't mind me walking around in dress shoes as a temporary =w=. I do have a weapon and mask to cope with the missing boots though! When is the gathering?

Chowshiki

I'll probably be attending the daytime gathering as Takemikazuchi(Robot Skeleton Lightning Bolt).

5/25: Pretty awesome gathering, brofists to my lightning bros izanagi.

Regrettably inSain

QwQ Ahahah, well, this explains how most people knew about the gathering beforehand. I was directed there by Elizabeth (thank you very much and you look wonderful in that cosplay ;w;--and those tarot cards are, to put it colloquially, legit). That was really fun. :> I was one of the many Minato Arisatos/MProtag/Makoto-something at the daytime gathering.

You all looked amazing! My camera exploded with pictures (taken at unfortunately horrible angles--ack, shortness. XAX) 

Inai

Aw yiss that was so much fun. Thanks everyone for giving my cards back after I attacked the Persona 4 cosplayers. :D

Elizabeth is the best character!

Redstarship

Had a fun time at the gathering! (again, I was The Reaper)

Sorry if I bumped/hit/kicked into anyone or make anyone feel awkward (I've noticed all my "scary" costumes tend to do that. Haha). As I've said before, I really could not see very well in that costume and the mask was blocking all the blood flow in my face. That's why I had to leave early (wish I could've stayed longer!). Hopefully next time I'll modify that costume so it doesn't kill me! T-T

Looking forward to the gathering photos!

Trial of the Dragon

That gathering was so much fun, thank you everyone that showed up, and most definitely the few that put it all together! And thanks to those that came to the King's Game!
I met a few of during the gathering, and you all and your personalities and silliness really made it a very fun gathering that I'll remember for a long time. C: I'd love to see any/all of you again, hopefully next Fanime or any other con!

Aahah, and don't worry, Redstarship! You looked so flippin' amazing and I had never seen anyone cosplay the Reaper before, I was more in awe than discomforted by it. xD I hope next time the mask isn't so hard on you; when you said that you felt you were gonna pass out I actually started to get a bit worried, so I'm glad you got out of there safely. <3

Redstarship

Quote from: Trial of the Dragon on May 28, 2013, 07:09:40 PM
Aahah, and don't worry, Redstarship! You looked so flippin' amazing and I had never seen anyone cosplay the Reaper before, I was more in awe than discomforted by it. xD I hope next time the mask isn't so hard on you; when you said that you felt you were gonna pass out I actually started to get a bit worried, so I'm glad you got out of there safely. <3

Aw thank you so much! >w< That costume was a labor of love! I definitely hope I can work something out with that mask for next time. I don't cosplay as much as I used to, so I always tend to forget the "functionality" part of cosplaying. >_>;

CherryGeri

I wasn't able to make it to the day gathering but I was at King's Game the entire time; and took some pictures during :D sadly a lot of these are blurry but oh well. if anyone wants to see, those are here at my cosplay page!

ALSO i have a video clip from during the King's Game where the numbers chosen had to basically walk through the circle while modeling and then do some kind of pose for the cameras, that is HERE!

thanks for a really great midnight gathering, i had a lot of fun! ^O^
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

G-Force

Hey folks your Beary Wonderful host here.

Want to personally thank everyone who showed up to the gathering and DOUBLE thanks to all the people who showed love to the less popular characters and I apologize that I didn't get you in as many shots as you should be. We're still trying to do our best on thinking of ways to get the characters on the floor outside of calling people by series and as you can see we've got more work ahead of us.

With that said, I just wanna say you guys are AWESOME supportive and coopertive. Everyone was having a good time, cheering and staying energized. You can seriously feel the love in the group and I feel honored that you trust our team to oraganize these events year after year. Also don't forget to thank Pulseline when you see them, those folks are responsible for organizing the threads, monitoring the FB page and passing out/making King's Game sticks. They do all the hardwork, I'm just the front man.

We're going to be at AX where another person will be in charge of the Afternoon gathering. However I've been asked to organize AX King's Game so if you want to continue the embarassing antics stay tuned.

Also don't forget about our FB page so we can keep you updated on all of our cosplay events.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/SMTCACosplay?fref=ts

linefaced

Hi everyone!  Just sticking my head in long enough to thank you all for two successful gatherings this year.  I really appreciate everyone who was super patient during King's Game, we had a LOT more players than we expected but I think given that, it went pretty smoothly.

As G-Force said above, we'll be running King's Game at AX as well, if any of you will be in attendance.  If you have photos, please link them here and also head over to our FB page and send us whatever you've got there, as well!

Thank you again!  You all looked incredible.

Yatta Dante

I'll be at AX as Yosuke again with my Hiimdaisy sign.  You can count on it that I'll be at the gathering and King's Game!  Just need to find a room first, lol.
~Yatta Dante

Sutafuzz

Hey there, I was the Fuuka at both gatherings! It was really fun, thank you! Especially watching the King's Game.

Sorry, I didn't chime in here that I was going. I wasn't completely sure I'd have the outfit done in time. I did take some pictures, linked both the Facebook album and Flickr set.

Facebook
Flickr

Oh, there's a facebook page. Ahaha. I see some of my SacWinter photos on there. Thank you for crediting me! I suppose I can link the albums there as well.
Fanime 2013
Magnostadt! Aladdin - (Magi)
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!)
Fuuka (Persona 3)

Sutafuzz Photography

Trial of the Dragon

Quote from: Sutafuzz on May 30, 2013, 02:31:34 AM
Hey there, I was the Fuuka at both gatherings! It was really fun, thank you! Especially watching the King's Game.

Sorry, I didn't chime in here that I was going. I wasn't completely sure I'd have the outfit done in time. I did take some pictures, linked both the Facebook album and Flickr set.

Facebook
Flickr

Oh, there's a facebook page. Ahaha. I see some of my SacWinter photos on there. Thank you for crediting me! I suppose I can link the albums there as well.

Ahhhhh, these pictures are so great! I haven't seen a lot of photos from the gathering, so this makes me happy. c: Do you mind if I tagged some cosplayers?

Sutafuzz

Quote from: Trial of the Dragon on May 30, 2013, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Sutafuzz on May 30, 2013, 02:31:34 AM

Facebook
Flickr

Ahhhhh, these pictures are so great! I haven't seen a lot of photos from the gathering, so this makes me happy. c: Do you mind if I tagged some cosplayers?

Thank you. No, not at all! Please tag the cosplayers! It's hard trying to find all of them, and I know most of them are looking for pictures.
Fanime 2013
Magnostadt! Aladdin - (Magi)
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!)
Fuuka (Persona 3)

Sutafuzz Photography

stitchez

I had a blast at the gathering, even if i did accidentally bruise my knees crawling away from the kanji teddie shoot haha. didnt know the ground was that hard.

I had a friend of mine using ym camera to snap a ton of pictures so once i sort through them ill be uploading them to my photobucket and posting a link here! should be up within the week since i only have night shifts and plenty of time to go through and upload stuff. Heres to hoping i can make it to AX for a short while to attend the gathering, well see about staying for the kings game since ill just be commuting for a day or 2.