Sword Art Online Gathering 2016

Started by Ariel Ningyo, April 01, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

Ariel Ningyo

Welcome to the Sword Art Online 2016 Gathering Forum

Welcome to the Sword Art Online Gathering page were you can dive into the worlds of Aincrad, Alfheim, SBC Glocken, and Underworld. My name is Ariel Ningyo and this will be my 3rd time hosting the SAO Gathering! This year Tyler Kirito Todd (Or @kirito_thesolo_beater) will be co-hosting with me! I hope everyone can have fun again this year! And like last year there will be a giveaway! More information about that will be announced! If you have any questions contact my email on my profile and if you know you will be attending please inform me!  <3

You may also join the SAO Gathering Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1257866684229641/

Day: TBA - Most likely Sun
Time: TBA - Most likely between 10am to 2pm
Location: TBA - Plaza De Cesar Chavez like the pervious years

Attendance/Character List

Sword Art Online
Kirito - luffy77
Asuna - Sakura_ASH
Alfheim Online
Gun Gale Online
Kirito - Tyler "Kirito" Todd
Sinon - Ariel Ningyo
Underworld
SAO: Hollow Fragment
SAO: Lost Song

ATTENTION: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures, please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group, when the pictures are being taken, you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order

Group Shot
SAO
ALO
GGO
Underworld
SAO Hollow Fragment (If there are in game only characters)
SAO The Lost Song (If there are in game only characters)
Male Characters
Female Characters
All of the same character (ex. all kiritos, all asunas, ect.)
All pairings (ex. Kirito and Asuna, Asuna and Yuuki, ect.)
Final Group Shot
Any requests

Also if anyone wants to do any private photoshots outside of the gathering please contact me! I can schedule sessions with some of the photographers I know  :) . I will update more information at a later date!

2015 Attendance: Around 35-40. (Still calculating)

Fanime Cosplay Schedule TBD

Ariel Ningyo

If anyone if interested in this gathering please respond. I know I am a new host but don't feel intimidated. I decided to host because the previous host did not want to and because I love SAO so much and I wish to share my love for this series with others. :)

archer1989

I'm going as Kirito from SAO, dual wielding.  I would be very interested in going to this and would love to help with the recreation of the fights between Kirito and Heathcliff.

Ariel Ningyo

That would be awesome!!! Now we need to find a Heathcliff.  :) I will look around the forums to try to find one.

archer1989

sweet, keep me informed.  I'm interested in doing other fight scene as well, so keep me updated.

ZackFair2002

Hi everyonew. Newly registered here but loyal attendee for 5 years this year. I always have a great time at Fanime and I'm glad to say that I'll be joining your SAO gathering. I'll be cosplaying ALfheim Kirito. Hope to see you all there :)

Ariel Ningyo

I'm glad you can attend Zack! :) Also archer what do you think about the idea of a battle between Kirito and Silver Crow?

grove_c

I have both a Kuroyukihime (school avatar) and Sinon (GGO).

I can wear either one.

My friend has a GGO Kirito and a school avatar Chiyuri.

Ariel Ningyo

It is up to you grove!!! :) I think both cosplays would be amazing! I would suggest your friend to be Chiyuri though since there will be a ton of Kiritos however it is up to them. It is an SAO meet up after all!

archer1989

Not entirely sure how the kirito silver crow fight would pan out but I'd be up for it, unless another kirito wants to join in.

Ariel Ningyo

You can do this fight scene too archer :) We just have to find a silver crow than we can plan things out.

Princess Xerxes

Ariel Ningyo

Hakaru_chan

Hey! I didn't see the SAO gathering on the official gathering list. Will it be on there? 
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Ariel Ningyo

Yes, the Sword Art Online Gathering is an official gathering and is listed in the official gathering list.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html

Spark Miko Miko

Ariel Ningyo

Awesome I added you :) If you have any friends who will be coming to this meet up please let me know! Thanks  ;D

Artemis Cangee

I will be going as Asuna Saturday and Sunday but unfortunately I have a conflict at the gathering time :( Hopefully I can see some of you around the convention! I'm cosplaying from SAO alone so it would be cool to get some pictures with other characters from the show!

Ariel Ningyo

Aww that sucks! :( I was originaly going to have the gathering on saturday however the saturday schedule looked pretty packed and there weren't so many gatherings on sunday so I choose that. Is there a time that would not conflict with your schedule? Will you only be cosplaying SAO on saturday?

Artemis Cangee

I'll be cosplaying as Asuna both Saturday and Sunday!  Unfortunately anytime but then on either day (a ton of my friends are hosting/modeling in a panel at that time and I feel quite obligated to go to support them!) I wish I had been more on the ball and looked for a gathering thread earlier but I'm sure I'll see everyone around and perhaps I will pop in after the panel or if the panel lets out early :)