Fanime 2015 Roommate thread

Started by therokito, November 12, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

SuddenlySocks

In need of a room!

My roommate disappeared on me and hasn't been answering any attempts to contact her, so I'm in a real bind!

I need a place to stay throughout the whole con, though I don't mind if I have to sleep on the floor, I just really need a place to crash and take a shower. I'm willing to pay even if I have to sleep on the floor, any payment you would require is fine as long as it's reasonable c:

I'd really like to have a room as close to the con as possible (but who doesn't?) because I'm somewhat disabled, but anything in a 2 mile range or with easy public transportation to the con is fine. I'd also like to have a hotel key of my own so I don't have to bother you to open the room for me when I get too winded to walk anymore.

I don't have a car so I can't drive myself places (I'll be getting a ride to and from con at least), but I am over 18, so if you're nervous about housing minors that shouldn't be a problem unless you're looking for 21+ only.

You can reach me through my email at [email protected], or call or text the number 775-217-3871. My name's Elaina, and I'm available anytime.

Thanks so much!

danny faygo

Roommates Wanted

+ Introduction: My name is danny. 29 year old bay area resident and have been attending fanime sporadically since about 2002. big anime and video game fan. i am a friendly easygoing person excited to enjoy a great few days at fanime and hopefully fit in attending a concert or local wrestling event into the weekend.

+ Hotel Information: got a 2 queen beds reservation booked at the Ramada in downtown san jose. stayed here the past 2 fanime conventions and the low price, 5 or so minute walk to the convention center, and various breakfast items served in the morning has kept me coming back. i am hoping to find one person or 2 people who are looking for a room together with a friday check in to monday morning checkout.

+ Costs: total cost of the hotel booking from Friday check in to Monday morning checkout is at about $250. i will be taking one of the beds. if i find 1 other person to take the other bed the cost would be $125. i am also okay with paying half the booking cost if i can find 2 people looking to room together willing to share or alternate between the floor and the 2nd bed. with 2 people it would be $62.50 per person.

+ Requirements: female or males roommates okay. not looking to overstuff the room with people so i am only looking for one or two other people to split the room with. not really into it turning into a party room. definitely no smoking in the room but okay with drinking if its doesn't get out of hand. just clean up a bit after yourselves and be respectful of other people belongings and things should be alright.

+ Contact: message this fanime forum

oliveee

LOOKING FOR A ROOM/BED

Hi, I'm attending Fanime for the first time this year and will be participating in their Artist Alley. My helper (20 year old male) and I (24 year old female) are looking for a room/bed to stay from Thursday to Sunday. We'll be gone for most of the day at the artist alley and will respect any quiet hour rules.

Contact at [email protected]

pandakittystudios

Looking for 2 roomates. One free bed. Fri-mon.
Holiday inn. Not by the convention center but it is right next to the light rail station, which goes straight there. I think it's $2 to take the train.

18+ no partying, we are vendors and are working all day so if you come back late please be quiet.

$80 per person for three nights of we get 2 people, or your fair share.
It's just my boyfriend and me. We are very chill and easy to get along with.

Please email [email protected]

AshenStarMage

Looking for 1 or more roommates. 1 free bed. Thursday through Monday

Introduction - Hi, I'm Alice. This will be my first Fanime, so I'm rather new to the hotel booking process and all that. I'm looking for one or more female roommates to share a 2 bed room with me. The cost will vary depending on how many roommates I can find, but it would be roughly $50 a night for your own bed, less for floor space or sharing a bed. You don't have to stay the whole time I'm there. I'm open to roommates who only want to stay a night or two as well.

Hotel Information - The hotel is Doubletree by Hilton, roughly 4 miles from the convention center. It's on the shuttle line, and is the location of Clockwork Alchemy.

Requirements: Female roommates only. No parties please, as this is not a party room. Also, please do not trash the room and be respectful of the space and others. LGBT friendly please. Also, please do not touch the mini-bar unless you talk to me in advance and agree to pay for anything you take. No drugs or smoking please, and no underage drinking. Also, please be respectful noise-wise at night when others may be trying to get some sleep.

Contacts: You can contact me at [email protected].

Misc: I'm a fan of anime and manga, especially the magical girl genre and various fantasy and sci-fi works. Right now, No Game No Life, Rozen Maiden, and Gurren Lagann are my favorite animes. I'm also an avid gamer who loves the Tales series, Pokemon, Disgaea, and Fire Emblem. I also write original fantasy sci-fi fiction and am rather fond of creating new worlds. My cosplay lineup for Fanime includes fem!Kirito (SAO outfit) from Sword Art Online, Shiro from No Game No Life, and Archangel Flonne from Disgaea.

Spookt

Yo! First time to Fanime, looking for a room to sleep in. In walking distance to convention center is best. I'm 32, male, and will be very sleepy at the end of each day! Hoping for Friday-Monday. Let me know if you got a place and what price: [email protected]

bxtler

Room space available at Saint Claire. c:
It's getting close to that time, about four more weeks~
&I still have some room available for those seeking a safe &close stay at Fanime.

The price remains at 175.00$ per person,
&if you're serious on the spot, I am welcoming 50.00$ paypal deposits until the end of this week to guarantee your space. (You can simply pay the rest upon check in &acquiring your key. Then again this is totally optional upon your p r o m i s e d attendance.)

Hotel: Saint Claire (Precisely one block away, right across the street.)
Room type: Double bedded room.

Check-in: 5/22/15
Check-out: 5/25/15

This post is only for those of a responsible, respectable &friendly nature. c:
Any shady business, dishonesty or offensiveness is to be taken elsewhere.
Keys will be given to those wanting them.

Age is not a problem, nor is gender, etc.
Fandom friendly, cosplay friendly.
Vendors also welcome! (Organization is highly preferred.)

If anyone is interested, please email me at-
[email protected]
I am 100% active on that from my phone.

Any questions at all, please write.
&I Hope to hear from potential roomies. c:

(Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler fans are a plus in my book, btw.)
Happy hunting!

Spence_tricky

Need a Room!

Hey all. I'm Spencer...if I attend, this will be my first Fanime ever. I recently got into anime conventions...in large part because we don't really have them back home on the East Coast. Anyway - I'm 22 years old, male (if the name didn't give it away), and pretty cool. I love reading manga and watching anime; I'm hoping to make my own cosplay outfit as either Roy from Fire Emblem (one of my favorite game series) or Future Trunks (my favorite anime character). I'm pretty cool and outgoing; I'm looking to go out and party at night, but at the same time I'm not looking for drama or headaches either. I guess this goes without saying, but  I'll say it anyway: polite, respectful, good personal hygiene. I don't mind sleeping on the floor at all, especially if it lowers the cost.

Hotel Info: I'd like to stay at either the Fairmont, Hilton, or Mariott (in that order). Price is not necessarily of object, but I hope people won't try to price gouge me just because I said that :/ I'll be looking for room Friday through Saturday nights.

Contact: Please text or call (but text is preferred) at 347.288.3612 ASAP!

FanFicGuru

WANTED: Room at the Fairmont/Hilton/Marriott

If you have a room at the Fairmont, Hilton or Marriott and missed your cancellation deadline, please reach out to me. I'd be happy to take the room off your hands so that you don't have to pay a  cancellation fee. :)

(I already reached out to mlarad above, looking for the lower rate rooms. I'd hate to take a Junior Suite up all by myself!)

Thanks!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Chidrack

Currently looking for a room in either the Marriot or Hilton. Accepting anyone who has missed their chance to cancel and can't make it.

If you wanna talk about the details, please contact me via Skype, email, or phone. Contact details will be sent to you via PM.

Sora

Roommates Wanted

Introduction: I'm Sora, and I've been attending and offering room spaces since Fanime 2005. I'm very responsible.
+ Hotel Information: I have a room at the Doubletree Hotel with two beds, which is on the free Fanime shuttle line. It's from Wed-Tues.
+ Costs: I would prefer cash when you come, and it'll be $113 per person. Looking for two people.
+ Requirements: gender doesn't matter, but no smokers or drinkers. Actually, if you drink, do it elsewhere (not in the room), but come back sober please. Also, if you decide to back out, please inform me no later than the 20th, because otherwise, I will still expect your share from you, plus a penalty fee, and this will also apply if you are a no-show. I don't tolerate stealing, so please don't do it. Also, trashing the room is a no-no. I know it happens, but please try to keep the room as orderly as possible. Of course, no vandalism is no-brainer. If you decide to charge anything extra to the room (such as phone calls from the room using the room phone), please take care of it yourself. No one else should be liable to your extra charges.
+ Contact: You can PM me, as I check it constantly, or answer this post. If you'd like talk more outside the forums, let me know also. I will provide contact info through PM.
"Don't give me any orders."

Dyzzi

Roommates Wanted:

+ Introduction: Hi, I'm Cortney! I've got a facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/cortney.s.chapman

+ Hotel Information: DoubleTree, single bed room, Friday- Sunday (check out on Monday)  renting out Floor Space only, but... rest assured it will be very comfy and refreshing floor space. Quite possibly the best floor you have ever slept on. A floor fit for a king.

+ Costs: Between $55 and $65 pending how many people want in!

+ Requirements: Looking for two more roommates to bring our total person count to 8 and our prices to dirt cheap  8)

+ Contact: via Facebook. I won't be checking this thread much, most likely.

+ Miscellaneous: Alcohol is totally cool. Prefer no drugs (sorry rave kids.) Bring your own sleeping bags / pillows and if you want, we can totally coordinate on bringing some snacks and drinks to share with the whole room. Or not! Your choice, yo. Anyways, yeah, come crash in our room. It's going to be cool as heck.

LostKyouma

Have Room, Looking for Roommates!

Heyo! My name's Kevin, a university student. https://www.facebook.com/kevin.wang.96343
Notable interests include: Steins;Gate, Log Horizon, Fire Emblem, Dota 2,

Hotel: Ramada SJ (5 minute walk from the convention)
Dates: Friday 5/22/2015 - Monday 5/25/2015
Room: 2 queen beds, Non Smoking
Base Price: $50

Looking for up to 3 people, I have a 2 queen bedroom and essentially looking to fill the other bed. If you want to take the bed by yourself or only share it with 1 person, talk to me and we can discuss. Floor space available as well. Currently, its gonna be $150 for the bed, so splitting it 3 ways will be $50 each.

Some base rules:
1. No Smoking of any kind
2. Alcohol is OK, assuming there will not be minors here. I will not be bringing any.
3. Please respect your roommates and keep it down after 11 PM
4. More roommate respect: Please don't invite more people into the room and dont go into your roommate's stuff. Just general courtesies.

If you're interested, just message me on my facebook. Cheers!

7onyMustDive

I'm looking for a room near/at Fanime 2015. I'm pretty late on the hotels but was wondering if people still needed any roommates! I will pay mad $$$ and pay anytime. Promise to be the best roommate ever.

Profile:
This will be my 2nd Fanime
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/terminus123
Instagram: @7ony_yang
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/7onyyang
MAL: http://myanimelist.net/profile/terminus

School: Berkeley & USC

Please let me know,

Tony
[email protected]

fusica

Want cancel your hotel? your friends bail out on you? emergency cant go to fanime?
Let me take your hotel.
I will email\call you once you reply this thread or PM me and we go from there.

cheez

Room spots available at the Marriott, connected to the con!

Heyo!  My name's Jamison.  https://www.facebook.com/jamison.bloechl

I'm a Fanime veteran and bay area local.  I live pretty near by, but I prefer staying at the con to maximize fun times.  I have two or three spots available in my room, and I'm hoping to find some chill roomies to fill them.

The Marriott is directly connected to the con.  No shuttles needed!  It's the best.  The room has two double beds and is currently occupied by two males and one female.  We're checking in Friday, May 22 and checking out Monday, May 25.  We'll be checking in as early as possible on Friday, so the room will be ready for you when you arrive.

We're night owls, so ideally you are too.  Drinking is fine (we probably will :P), and smoking is obviously not.  Males and females are both welcome.  We're very respectful of personal property, and we expect the same from you.  Take care of your hygiene.  Cosplayers are absolutely welcome, just let me know if it's anything crazy.

We like the room to be a fun place to hang out in between con events.  We'll probably have Mario Kart and other games there, as well as plenty of snacks and drinks to share.  It's gonna be pretty sweet.

There are currently two floor spots and one bed spot available.  I'm asking for $80 each for the floor spots or $150 for both.  The bed spot is $110 and you'd be sharing it with me.  If you have two people and really want a bed together, we may be able to work something out.

Hit me up if you think we'd be a good fit!  [email protected]

Freight

We have a last second opening in a shared bed at the Marriott.

One more $100 spot has opened up in a room at the Marriott.  We are staying from Thursday to Tuesday.

Name: Freight
Hotel: Marriott
Dates: Thursday, May 21 to Tuesday, May 26 (6 days/5 nights)
Rate: $100.00
Spaces Available: 1 (Updated 5/14/15)
Room Type: Standard - Dual beds
Smoking or Non-Smoking: Definitely non-smoking
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: blackfreight03
Twitter: TheRolling20s

Details about me: I'm a 38-year old male who will be attending Fanime for the 5th time. I've gone to the Anime Expo from 1993 to 2010 and 2012 to 2014, and ALA from 2010 to 2014, AM2 2011, and Fanime in 2011 to 2013 with other odd conventions here and there.

My simple philosophy about rooms is that if you go, you should only have to pay the money requested and show up. I'll take care of getting the rooms squared away. At AX 2005, the Hilton at Anaheim said they were overbooked and I had to take a set of smaller rooms. I managed to talk them into giving us a suite parlor to replace one of the rooms for no extra cost.

I've also led a suite full of otaku at AX 2006, and I still look at that as the most fun I've had for a convention. If I can get enough people together to do that again at another hotel, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm bringing my Xbox360 with me. I have several games including UMvC3, Halo 4 and Anniversary, X-Men Arcade, and Castle Crashers.

I'm called a fair and attentive leader, and I will be available for any questions.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What rooms do you have? Double bed room at quad occupancy.

How long is the stay? Day 0 to Day 5.

Are the rates per night or for the whole stay? It's for the whole stay. I do not have a per night rate.

When would payment be due? I ask that payment be sent about a month prior to the convention. This gives me time to turn payments into cash for the hotels, as well as weed out any last second drop-outs. Besides, it makes it easier to keep other people's money separate from mine until necessary.

How do you like payment? I prefer checks or money orders. If cash is sent in the mail and the postman loses it, it's lost for both you and me. Checks or money orders can be traced by the sender, or cancelled and retrieved, if necessary.

Do you accept Paypal? Yes. We have to be careful about that since they can take a chunk of the hotel monies out in fees.

What do we do about food? I have three things I'm doing to help with that:
1.First, I'm arranging optional group dinners so everyone can meet, sit, and eat. No one has to attend, but it's a great way to meet other fans and make friendships. I'll do my best to avoid major gatherings and events when I schedule them.
2.I also have an optional $30.00 buy in for communal water, chips, Chex Mix, Pretzels, Kool-Aid and other things. For that $30, you'll also get a personal supply of Pocky and Ramune you don't have to share. That money will also help buy shampoo and soap for the rooms.
3.If you don't want snacks, but water sounds good, I will accept $5.00 for water only.
4.Finally, I am also offering a $5.00 buy in which is used for communal water only.

Aren't you a bit... um... old? That's a fair question. Simply answered, my inner child and I get a long pretty well, so I still collect anime and comic books, watch professional wrestling, cosplay, and hang out with a lot of younger people. If you see me talking to a bunch of 20-somethings, I'm not having a mid-life crisis. I just relate well.

Is there a Girls Only room? Yes! Mention that you are interested in this room specifically when you message me, and we will talk.

I'm under 18... Can I still go? Sure. I'll take people as young as 14, but if you are between 14 and 17, I HAVE TO SPEAK TO YOUR PARENTS FIRST. This is non-negotiable. It sounds very over-bearing, but if you're a minor, you lie to your parent/guardian about where you are, and you're found with me and/or my friends, that's a potential kidnapping charge on the adult(s) you're found with, and that's a great way to ruin a convention.

What is your cancellation policy? I totally get life happens and unexpected things pop up like money troubles or friends suddenly inviting you to go. If you can decide if you're cancelling by the end of May, I'd appreciate it. Though, I'll accept your cancellation up to a week before the convention. However, it's very hard to guarantee a full refund within a week of the convention. The reason for this is there's other people counting on everyone paying their fair share.

What's the rule about drinking? I don't mind social drinking or fun drinking, but I don't condone getting fall-down drunk. Also, NO MINOR DRINKING, PERIOD. If you're an adult who gives a minor alcohol, we'll have a few unkind words, and I won't hesitate to involve the authorities.

Someone in the room is getting on my nerves... Bring anything like this to me. I'm a decent negotiator and I will handle all issues like this. Few things can make a weekend more tense than people irritating each other and drawing lines in the sand. Even if it doesn't get to fighting, you're giving the cold-shoulder to someone else, and everyone else in that room will get frustrated and caught up in it. That's not fair to everyone in that situation.

"Um... I broke something in the room." This should be a no-brainer, but be prepared to pay for it. I also inspect rooms quickly before I check them out. The reason for that is if these things are reserved with my credit card and something comes up broken, I have to pay for it. I limit my risks by being careful.

What happens if I break "the rules?" I escort you out. Not out of the hotel or the convention, but out of my room block. No refunds and no arguments. You're out.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

marisuga

Roommates Wanted
+ Introduction: Hello all! My name is Molly and me and 3 friends are looking for a few more people to room with us! We may party, but not in the room. We all keep ourselves clean and are very friendly! Looking for 1 to 3 people.
+ Hotel Information: Fairmont from Friday-Monday
+ Costs: Total is roughly $420. 1 more person would be $84 per person, 2 more would be $70 per person, and 3 more would be $60 per person.
+ Requirements: female only, preferably close-ish to our age.
+ Contact: e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me here.
+ Miscellaneous:

Mira-pup

Hi all,

My partner and I unexpectedly found ourselves with days off for Fanime, but it was late enough we couldn't book a room. We would be so grateful to room with someone.

Our plan is to arrive late Thursday, and stay through the event. While a bed would be appreciated, it isn't as important as having a room.

We will definitely contribute to the cost of the room.

Please and thank you!!  ;D

Pika_Thor

ROOMMATES WANTED FOR HOTEL NEAR CONVENTION

Hi everyone! My name is Jeremy aka PikaThor. Looking for roommates for the con. I have a motel about 5min walking distance away. There are two beds and floor space. Last year we had 6 people. The room is for Thursday and friday .we can work out a price but it will be cheap.

Instagram: Pika_Thor
Facebook: Jeremy Koennel
Email: [email protected]