Cosplay chess 2016 Sunday @4:00pm [[UPDATED: Auditions AND sign ups now open!]]

Started by rnjrck5, September 21, 2015, 10:03:17 PM

rnjrck5

Hello and welcome, this is the page for anime cosplay chess for fanime 2016!!!

So if you're interested in participating, here's the information you need:

Here is our facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FanimeCosplayChess/
Please join us!

Sign ups for the chess board are STILL OPEN! There is NO AUDITION or previous experience required to be a piece on the board, and sign ups are a first come, first serve. You will not be required to say any lines! Email [email protected] to sign up!
Auditions for our CHESS MASTER positions are now open! See below for more details on what we're looking for in the audition.

Information/rules on cosplay and chess pieces

• No stilettos. At all. Unfortunately when you walk on the board with stilettos you put holes in the board which could mess up the whole thing.
  • For those of you who want to be on the board with a non-speaking role, these spaces are given on a first come first serve basis.
[li]All pieces must write a short, 2 sentence description of their character to be used when we introduce each piece. Please have in your description the following: 1 sentence should be a vague introduction of your character, followed by the second sentence containing your characters name, and what show/game/fandom they're from. (see examples below)
[/li][/list]
"The last of his kind, this man travels all of time and space in his blue box that's bigger on the inside. Give it up for the Doctor from BBC's Doctor Who!"
"The hero of the video game of death, he's the beater who wears all black! It's Kirito from Sword Art Online!"

Other Important Notes:

When sending emails, please make sure you properly identify who you are. This is to make communications between you and the hosts much smoother and less confusing.

We are looking for two characters: the 11th or 12th Doctor (from Doctor Who) and Light Yagami (from Death Note)
if you cosplay either of those two characters, please alert the hosts by either commenting on this thread, or sending an email at the address mentioned above, they are both speaking roles and are very important to the event running smoothly.

Those interested in being chess masters: you will have to audition for the part, stay tuned for information on what you'll need to have in your auditions!

Thank you very much for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you!!

rnjrck5

AUDITIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

There are two very important speaking roles, the Chess Masters, that will be facing off against one another with their teams.

If you would like to audition for these roles, please send an email to [email protected]. When emailing, please include the following information:

Name--
Character you are cosplaying with title of anime/show/game--
Any acting experience (not required but does help)--
Skype name--

Auditions will CLOSE BY FEBRUARY 29TH. You will be confirmed for the audition on March 1st with a list of times available to audition. Please have an excerpt of dialogue or monologue prepared for your character. We will also have a sample dialogue for you to practice before your audition, which will be sent to you on March 1st.

PLEASE NOTE: Being in cosplay is not required for you to audition. The audition will be a voice call over skype.

rnjrck5

Cosplay(ers) who have signed up:
1. Flareon - Pokemon Eveelution
2. Nora Valkyrie - RWBY
3. TARDIS - Doctor Who
4. TBD
5. Bill Cipher - Gravity Falls
6. TBD
7. Levi - Attack on Titan
8. TBD
9. Mystery Stranger
10. Chiaki Nanami - Dangan Ronpa
11. Slyveon - Pokemon eveelution
12. Grell - Black Butler
13. Marle - Chrono Trigger
14. Crono - Chrono Trigger
15. Castiel - Supernatural
16. TBD
17. Hinata
18. Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
19. TBD
20. TBD
21. Sun Wu Kong - RWBY
22. Jaune Arc - RWBY
23. Neptune - RWBY
24. Umbreon - Pokemon Eveelution
CHESSMASTERS
33. Light Yagami - Death Note
34. Howl Pendragon - Howl's moving castle

Senpai

"But in recent years, we have caught glimpses of the outside world, and asked; Why not us? Have we not earned the privilege others take for free?"
--Toya, YYH

Angelx624

I would love to be a part of this again!! ^^ And just as a regular chess piece. XD

Idk what cosplay I'm wearing on what day, so I don't know what character, just yet!!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

rnjrck5

We'd love to have you!
please email us at [email protected] with the information mentioned in the post and we'll add you to the list!

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Senpai

"But in recent years, we have caught glimpses of the outside world, and asked; Why not us? Have we not earned the privilege others take for free?"
--Toya, YYH

AshenStarMage

We have a time and date for the show: Sunday May 29th at 4pm.

We are still accepting sign ups for chess pieces.

Senpai

--Toya, YYH

airanimechiic

Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Senpai

--Toya, YYH

Senpai

SURPRISE!!!

We are still in very much need of cosplayers on our board, so I am SWEETENING THE POT. :D

For those of you who will be performing on our board, I have two lovely prints from artist Jed Henry. (http://thejedhenry.deviantart.com/)

Here are the prints I have up for raffle!

Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke
http://shop.ukiyoeheroes.com/collections/giclee-prints/products/outcast-giclee-print

San from Princess Mononoke
http://shop.ukiyoeheroes.com/collections/giclee-prints/products/wolf-girl-giclee-print

While we will be having a raffle for the audience members, these two prints will only be raffled to staff members and chess board volunteers!

If you would like to participate in the chess match as a cosplay, please email us at [email protected] with your name, your intended cosplay and what show/game they are from.
--Toya, YYH

panfa

hi! I was wondering if my brother could participate in this as a regular chess piece?

Senpai

--Toya, YYH

carmillajo

May I ask how long the cosplay chess runs for? I'm part of the Masquerade, and I know that contestants have a call time of 5 or 5:30 on Sunday.

This really looks like so much fun!

Senpai

We will be over by 6 at the latest, but if you need to leave earlier we can "kill you off" in the beginning so you won't miss the Masquerade. Just be sure to email us and we'll add you to the list! :D And its a lot of fun, we had a blast doing it last year and want to keep it going.
--Toya, YYH

Lightningxxx

Hello!  I'm interested in the cosplay chess as a regular chess piece it's just I don't know who I want to be yet.  Is it ok if my sister and I join as a regular chess piece? :)

Senpai

Great! Go ahead and email us at [email protected] with your name and intended cosplay and we'll put you on the list! We do ask that you decide on a cosplay within the week so that we can be properly prepared.
--Toya, YYH