Nico Nico Douga

Started by AgehaMist, January 10, 2010, 10:52:42 PM

AgehaMist

Hey everyone! This year in the karaoke room, I'm gonna be singing the Nico Nico Douga medleys!

I'm gonna be singing Kumikyoku, Ryuuseigun, and Nanairo

If you dont know what they are, search them up on youtube. They are huge mixes of pop culture Japanese songs.

So anyway, come by and watch if you have the time.

See you then~

(If any brave souls out there want to help me sing it, pm me and I'll arrange something )  :]
i came home the other day and found that everything in my house was replaced with exact duplicates

PyronIkari

Quote from: AgehaMist on January 10, 2010, 10:52:42 PM
Hey everyone! This year in the karaoke room, I'm gonna be singing the Nico Nico Douga medleys!

I'm gonna be singing Kumikyoku, Ryuuseigun, and Nanairo

If you dont know what they are, search them up on youtube. They are huge mixes of pop culture Japanese songs.

So anyway, come by and watch if you have the time.

See you then~

(If any brave souls out there want to help me sing it, pm me and I'll arrange something )  :]

You realize you're going to piss off like... everybody right? These number won't be 100% accurate, but I hang out in the karaoke room and do crazy antics with their staff all the time.

Besides not listing all the medleys, you realize those medleys are like... 13-16 minutes long right? Your average song is about 4 minutes. So you're singing 3-4 songs worth of song. The average wait to sing is upwards 1-2 hours during most times. So you're going to make people wait for you to sing a 14 minute song like a douche?

Besides the fact that, the staff know what the medleys are, and I'm fairly certain they will laugh at you and tell you know for the reasons I gave.

AgehaMist

Hey Pyron, sorry i was so naive about it, for your sake ill only sing the shortest one :]
i came home the other day and found that everything in my house was replaced with exact duplicates

PyronIkari

Quote from: AgehaMist on January 11, 2010, 07:12:17 PM
Hey Pyron, sorry i was so naive about it, for your sake ill only sing the shortest one :]

Way to miss the point. 13 minute songs are annoying, not only for those waiting but for everyone. No one wants to hear you sing for 13 minutes... and badly at that.

AgehaMist

I think youre missing my point sir :]

Just because the song is long, i shouldnt do it? Im sure people can endure for 11 min (not 13) for the ONLY song im going to sing. I mean there are plenty of people who dont want to hear other people sing, dont you think they endure those people too?

I could say i dont want someone to sing for whatever reason, does that mean they shouldnt? Of course not, as long as theyre following the rules, its none of my concern. Its not something you can control.

Also, just because you find it annoying that im going to sing it, you assume that i sing badly? that NO ONE wants to hear it?

I dont consider myself a particularly good singer, but i know im not bad. Although everyones entitled to their opinion i guess. Anyway, even if i was a bad singer, last time i checked open-mic karaoke is for FUN. It doesnt matter if anyone sings badly or not, otherwise fanime wouldnt even be doing this.

And there are SOME people who want to hear me for your information. Im doing this specifically for my friends who wanted to see me to do it in the first place. There isnt anybody out there whos going to sing karaoke for nobody.

One person isnt going to change my mind. Unless theres some kind of rule im going to break, (which im pretty sure im not, ive seen people sing kumikyoku up there before) im still going to sing it. :]

PyronIkari

Quote from: AgehaMist on January 11, 2010, 09:23:28 PM
I think youre missing my point sir :]

Just because the song is long, i shouldnt do it? Im sure people can endure for 11 min (not 13) for the ONLY song im going to sing. I mean there are plenty of people who dont want to hear other people sing, dont you think they endure those people too?

I could say i dont want someone to sing for whatever reason, does that mean they shouldnt? Of course not, as long as theyre following the rules, its none of my concern. Its not something you can control.

Also, just because you find it annoying that im going to sing it, you assume that i sing badly? that NO ONE wants to hear it?

I dont consider myself a particularly good singer, but i know im not bad. Although everyones entitled to their opinion i guess. Anyway, even if i was a bad singer, last time i checked open-mic karaoke is for FUN. It doesnt matter if anyone sings badly or not, otherwise fanime wouldnt even be doing this.

And there are SOME people who want to hear me for your information. Im doing this specifically for my friends who wanted to see me to do it in the first place. There isnt anybody out there whos going to sing karaoke for nobody.

One person isnt going to change my mind. Unless theres some kind of rule im going to break, (which im pretty sure im not, ive seen people sing kumikyoku up there before) im still going to sing it. :]

Oh God... I should point this the way of karaoke staff so they can cry.

Basically you are saying, "I am going to sing one song, so I can sing whatever I want!" Which in itself is incredibly stupid to think in the first place. Okay, let's say, there are two people in the queue right before you. I am one of those persons, and I decide to sing... oh, I dunno... Art of Life full ver. Then the person that goes after me decides to sing... Crucify my Love... full ver. That's 1hr 12 min you're waiting for two people. There's realistic limits placed because they don't want people to abuse their "song choice". YOU are only singing one song, that's 14 minutes long. This means ANYONE can sing any song any length. The Momoi+Kageyama medley is 15 min as well, so people can sing that?

And yes, you will sound bad. Why? Because most people aren't capable of singing for 15 minutes straight, and a lot of the songs aren't even meant to be capable of singing without digital alterations. Even Yukie, who performed a medley at the Masquerade before, who sings and practices constantly, could BARELY keep her voice up by 8 minutes in.

You're being a DOUCHE TO EVERYONE by doing a song 15 minutes long. Chances are, staff will stop you (the majority of them know about the Nico Medley's and they will tell you no because of its length OR, they will allow you to, and stop it like 6 minutes in) because they don't want to be rude to everyone else.

Yes it is about fun, but you can have fun without picking an incredibly long song, that's 3x the length of an average song. Staff will not be amused, and a lot of the attendees will not be amused.

11 min? That's only if you count not having the ed part. Either way, it's still incredibly rude to all of the people there as well as staff. Stop being a selfish little prick.

AgehaMist

Alright Pyron you win, i apologize for saying such stupid things.

I personally dont care about wait times myself, but youre right, im being selfish because what i feel isnt what others feel.

So sorry for being such a selfish bastard xD

But the thing is, its something i REALLY want to do. So ill make this proposal...

If two or three other people were to sing kumikyoku with me, would we be able to sing the whole song? It wouldnt sound bad as you say, because we can take turns singing or something. And it would be the same thing as waiting for three people to sing one song each anyway, since kumikyoku really is only 11 min (including the ending which we probably wouldnt do).

If i cant find other people to sing with me, then i wont try to do it by myself. So what do you say? Does that sound fair? :]

Hank-KKD

I think it's somewhat funny that I'm reading this thread while listening to...X Japan.

Anyways, songs are limited to five minutes per person in Open Mic. If your song is longer than five minutes, we'll generally fade it out around that time. If there's nobody in line, we might let you go a little longer, but in recent years that's been rare.

Angelx624

Lol, have fun with that! X3

I wanna try singing "What Bout My Star?" from Macross Frontier. ^^ But ergh I can't find a karaoke version! D:
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

fanartist

Come by my table in the Artist Alley and I'll play Nico Nico Douga Kumikyouku on the violin for you so you can sing along.

But yes, the wait for open mic requests are fairly long, so 10+ minute songs you prolly want to solo out in the hallways if you really want an audience.

Angelx624

Well, I do want to try my hand at some anime karaoke while at Fanime, anyways. :3 So whatever I can find........ xP
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

OniCourseMusha

Kumikyoku and Ryuuseigun are both my favorite.  But doing the medley at the karaoke room is just time consuming that people are helluv anxious.  So I think its better if we find somone that'll play the music around the con aside from the karaoke room.  Hell I would like to sing one of them once!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Angelx624

Well, maybe I'll just do Seikan Hikou, since I know where to find the karaoke version of it. ^_^ Or maybe Aimo........ =P

Gah, so many Ranka songs! XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

OpheliaCat8

Man, If I could get away with it, I'd like to do an Onmyouza song that's a good 10 minutes long too. I wouldn't, but it'd be fun. And it's a duet too.  It's got some pretty radical vocals in there and a kick ass guitar solo. Come to think of it, a lot of the songs I'd like to do are a good 5+ min.  Which sucks, cuz then I can't really do them for the contest.
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

God91125

I think maybe we should all organize a day? Bring a boom box and just play Nico Nico music till we can't sing no more!!! Maybe do it somewhere like out in front near the fountains or in the main lobby in front. But yeah we should do Kumikyoku and Ryuuseigun awesome classics and many others :3

Mimirinpro

Well, I would like to hear some Nico Nico Douga stuff like IOSYS or the Kaiba videos, or Vocaloid songs come to think of it. I actually wanted to do "Kaiba Motokke!" as a masquerade skit.

Seraphil

I agree that setting up in the hallways or out in front of the convention center is a much better alternative than singing any of the kumikyokus in the karaoke room.  Plus, this way you can drag other people in to sing along if they want or just jam.

I have a CD with nothing but various Kumikyoku on it, so I might do this myself.

Wonder if anyone else is brave enough to try Lantis with me?

PyronIkari

Please don't get in peoples way if you're going to do this.

It's bad enough with people still doing Caramel Dansen clogging hallways and walkways, so don't do this in halls or crowded areas. In other words, don't do this on the concourse. If you're going to, do it outside in an open area.

Seraphil

Understood.  That's what I had in mind anyway.

Duckys

I would love to join a group that did Ryuuseigun or Kumikyoku xP.