Retro Games @ Fanime

Started by SukebeStudios, March 17, 2009, 01:48:01 AM

SukebeStudios

Ok, just throwing this out there as an idea, would anyone be interested in a "Retro Console Tourney" or meeting up with at Fanime? Currently, the only systems I have available is, NES, SNES, and N64. But I'll be working on getting more. Perhaps an old school Smash Brothers tourney?

Mizuki

This is in the wrong place, so I moved it to Live Programming, but I think they did try this last year IIRC.

ewu

Nope still goes in meetups. e-gaming is run by Fanime. Want to do something there? contact them, but meetups still go in meetups....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mizuki

Quote from: ewu on March 17, 2009, 05:11:21 PM
Nope still goes in meetups. e-gaming is run by Fanime. Want to do something there? contact them, but meetups still go in meetups....

Oh, totally did not see "meetup." For a second I thought this was a suggestion for E-Gaming.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Mizuki on March 17, 2009, 05:57:14 PM
Quote from: ewu on March 17, 2009, 05:11:21 PM

Oh, totally did not see "meetup." For a second I thought this was a suggestion for E-Gaming.

And yet for a funny reason...it's STUCK in this one. Thanks.

SukebeStudios

Jerry

As Ewu says if you want to do something AT fanime ... contact E-gaming.

if you want to do a meet up, thats a different story/sitation.

well in all things considered. I still think [IMO] you need to generate interest and again some rep on these boards before throwing up a random idea like this.

again plan a theme- which u have. retro gaming?
date? : TBA?
location : not fanime [unless thats what you really want to do]

are you really willing to have random ppl get their grubby hands over your retro/rare gaming consoles? :P
I know i wouldnt.

how to generate interest? how do you get ppl to respond? build hype. word.
ask good questions. sure ppl might be still into smash brothers, but what other awesome or epic retro games are out there?
make sure they're mutiplayer and/or interactive enough with a crowd otherwise you watch 2 guys awkward play a video game and a crowd of ppl going wtf is this? ppl can do that already because on youtube :P

for example: my roomates have been playing.

Secret of mana - epic 3 player RPGizlle by sqare.

Joe & Mac- epic caveman rescue-ing homely looking cave women action adventure

Legend of Mystical Ninja: [Goemon at his best]

Gradius [insert number here] epic co-op shooter

resident evil 5 [obviously not retro new] but its been a great co-op game that will eventually be a classic retro game in oh about 10 years :P

anyway just air-ing out some ideas.  good luck with that. having gatherings focused on gaming along for a "NEW meet and greet meet up is a bit on the tough side" besides thats what xbox live is for. :P  playing with lame a crazy noobies that may or may not become friends.
or randomly make friends on xbox live and never actually meet or play along side them in real life.

oh hai Raymei :P *waves.  {LawL}
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

:U you forgot general custard!

anywho, Like Jerry said dont make this all out of nowhere and expect people to come. Plan it, get some street cred with the forums (like attend a gathering or two) and for the love of eggs and toast DONT get so angry/butthurt over it if it goes down the drain, just deal with it learn from it and try again.

macaulayman

I had a ORIGINAL PONG. The controler was the size of a small loaf of bread and had 2 knobs on each end. When you hit the ball it would always fly straight back so you always had to turn the "english" knob ( yes a english knob on a japanese game). And it didn't have different screens , you had to tape a  piece of trasparent plastic to play a "different" game that was just like pong except for the platic "screen". I was terrible! And expensive!