Fanimecon 09' Concert, What band would you suggest?

Started by Gekido 87, May 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

deonchan

Ok honest opinions please. Do you think that nerdcore would go over well at fanime? There are a few pretty decent nerdcore groups around the bay and from what I've seen Fanime likes to have at least 1-2 local acts at Musicfest?

What say you? Would it work? Would it not? Why or why not?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Kazuko

soulcandyband

Shameless plug, but our band would love to be at this year's music fest. www.youtube.com/soulcandymusic

Kyuu

OMG, I might just melt into a pool of happiness if MUCC (just might die on the spot), 12012 (<3), The Underneath, or D'espairsRay made an appearance! They were so good at JR Invasion @ Taste Of Chaos (12012 excluded..they weren't there >,<). They were all so nice at the signing afterward too!

Lolita23q I think would be incredible to see perform live!<3

Would love to see PENICILLIN.....yeah, I'd also like to see Plastic Tree...Though, I personally wouldn't mind AnCafe coming back ^.~

Ahh, but then I shouldn't get my hopes up, ne?

lyricaldanichan

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

emilyotaku

id love to see alice nine!

an cafe was cool and i wouldnt mind them coming again xD

Velvy

UVERWORLD.

UVERWORLD.

UVERWORLD.

Please do not bring over: MUCC, Dir en grey, D'espairsRay, or The Underneath. :)

Honestly people, these bands tour the US ALL THE TIME. And if you missed them that's too bad. Catch them around next year because they WILL BE BACK. Give bands that have not had the chance to perform overseas the Fanime spotlight, and PLEASE do not bring a band that has already made their mark here. MUCC and Dir en grey especially. They've came, conquered, and they'll do it all over again soon.

My other nods would be to SuG, BREAKERZ, ONE OK ROCK, Aqua Timez and GReeeeN... Admittedly, not all of these bands are anime con material. Out of those I would highly recommend SuG because they exude the anime con atmosphere (though they drop the f-bomb a lot in a few recent songs!), ONE OK ROCK because their jams go over well with any crowd, and Aqua Timez for both reasons.

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Velvy on December 28, 2008, 01:01:54 AM
UVERWORLD.

UVERWORLD.

UVERWORLD.

Please do not bring over: MUCC, Dir en grey, D'espairsRay, or The Underneath. :)

Honestly people, these bands tour the US ALL THE TIME. And if you missed them that's too bad. Catch them around next year because they WILL BE BACK. Give bands that have not had the chance to perform overseas the Fanime spotlight, and PLEASE do not bring a band that has already made their mark here. MUCC and Dir en grey especially. They've came, conquered, and they'll do it all over again soon.

My other nods would be to SuG, BREAKERZ, ONE OK ROCK, Aqua Timez and GReeeeN ... Admittedly, not all of these bands are anime con material. Out of those I would highly recommend SuG because they exude the anime con atmosphere (though they drop the f-bomb a lot in a few recent songs!), ONE OK ROCK because their jams go over well with any crowd, and Aqua Timez for both reasons.
hehe i like you.
Dance Staff Second

PyronIkari

My other nods would be to SuG, BREAKERZ, ONE OK ROCK, Aqua Timez and GReeeeN... Admittedly, not all of these bands are anime con material. Out of those I would highly recommend SuG because they exude the anime con atmosphere (though they drop the f-bomb a lot in a few recent songs!), ONE OK ROCK because their jams go over well with any crowd, and Aqua Timez for both reasons.

GReeeeN is probably the biggest "new" band in Japan at the moment. As of current rankings they're #1 on JP billboard charts. Fat chance XD

Pengin-san

And their guitarist is from San Francisco.  I think that would be a pretty cool band to have over at Fanime.  They're not too big either, to my knowledge.  Then again, that might be a downfall.  Do you think people would even be interested?  I wonder.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

Velvy

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 28, 2008, 06:52:35 AM

GReeeeN is probably the biggest "new" band in Japan at the moment. As of current rankings they're #1 on JP billboard charts. Fat chance XD

I'm WELL aware of that. I just personally really like them and that's why they were suggested. :P

On a more realistic level, Perfume (bubbly electronic female trio) would be a welcome musical act, but I still think UVERworld, ONE OK ROCK, Aqua Timez or SuG should suffice. A lot of the artists I'd suggest are geared more towards venue not con atmosphere.

QuoteAnd their guitarist is from San Francisco.  I think that would be a pretty cool band to have over at Fanime.  They're not too big either, to my knowledge.  Then again, that might be a downfall.  Do you think people would even be interested?  I wonder.

I think people would be interested, girls especially. Hence why I think SuG or Nightmare / Sendai Komatsu or v(NEU) would go over pretty well with an anime convention. Visual bands just tend to fit into that nitch better than other bands generally. But... UVERworld and Aqua Timez have quite a few anime openings and endings to their name. To me they seem the most fitting... Maybe toughest to get.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Velvy on December 30, 2008, 09:03:43 PM

I'm WELL aware of that. I just personally really like them and that's why they were suggested. :P

On a more realistic level, Perfume (bubbly electronic female trio) would be a welcome musical act, but I still think UVERworld, ONE OK ROCK, Aqua Timez or SuG should suffice. A lot of the artists I'd suggest are geared more towards venue not con atmosphere.

You also know then, that they don't do live performances. Hell, no one even knows what they look like, because they all just graduated from dentistry school, so until they have it cleared with their future employers, and their lives are settled, they aren't going to ever appear in public.

WrentheFaceless

Kyra_Maverick

This was suggested back on page 2, but I would like to have several bands that catered to all different tastes in music. An Cafe was wonderful and I'm sure many people came to Fanime just to see them, but I missed being introduced to new bands like the year before.

I really enjoyed Mothercoat. They were there in 06 I believe and they were so much fun. So much energy! Z Z also. I had to miss them last year cause I had so much to do on Thursday. Ramen and Rice always go over well with fans.

sushicow

I saw someone suggesting Polysics and I second on that ;D
I know they have a lot of concerts in SF and LA and I have my reasons why I can't go :'(
I also second on having jazz this year at Fanime because I just got into that recently ;D
That of something like bitpop or techno ;D
So, I second on SOIL & "PIMP" Sessions ;D
(here's a link to Michiko to Hatchin op just in case some haven't heard it yet ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmASkkQNLJ0 )

Is it only limited to artists who did an anime op/ed or any in general? :-[
I assuming it is just because they can be more recognized at Fanime then if they aren't
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

PyronIkari

Quote from: sushicow on January 03, 2009, 08:13:15 AM
I know they have a lot of concerts in SF and LA and I have my reasons why I can't go :'(

So the con should spend money to get a band that almost everyone else can see since they tour Cali all the time, because "you have reasons you can't go". Right...

sushicow

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 03, 2009, 04:58:24 PM
Quote from: sushicow on January 03, 2009, 08:13:15 AM

So the con should spend money to get a band that almost everyone else can see since they tour Cali all the time, because "you have reasons you can't go". Right...
*sigh*, I'm sorry :-[
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

soakrates`

Pretty sure I already mentioned that having Sex Machineguns play would be awesome, but if you need any further convincing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oWFDf3flpU&feature=related

Again, I know it's a long (looooong) shot, but they'd be a ton of fun to see live, for what it's worth. Versailles would be pretty cool too.

METAL

sushicow

So are we only limited to bands/artists who have done anime op/ed? :-\
Because there are couple artists that I think would be nice to have for a change, but they haven't done any anime op/ed. Such as I-Dep or Daishi Dance (although he did do a Ghibli set album that contains remixes of Ghibli's soundtracks).
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07