Quick question about hotels.

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, January 02, 2009, 06:54:43 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

On the booking page, when it says in example 22 through May 24 it means the nights of the 22, 23, and 24, meaning a person has a room from when they check in on the 22, to when they check out on the 25th, correct?
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

FanFicGuru

No. What you want is for the "Departure" to say May 25th. A departure of may 24th means that you are obligated to vacate the room by noon that day, it doesn't include that night. So, in order to ensure a Friday through Monday stay, you'd want to arrive on Friday the 22nd and depart Monday the 25th.

Hope that helps. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SweetNiar

yep what FanFicGuru said XD i had that post at the same time you did.

Rodney_Pheonix

Ah. Wait, so the days available thing on the housing portal isn't accurate or something? I'm haven't set up a reservation yet, so I'm not sure what the other pages are.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Kyra_Maverick

It could be that the hotel you are interested in is no longer available from Friday(22) to Monday(25). The Hilton for example is already all booked up on both Thursday(21) and Monday, so the only available days are Friday(22), Saturday(23), and Sunday(24).

Rodney_Pheonix

Damn. That's where I was planning to book too.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Kyra_Maverick

I know what you mean. I had my heart set on the Hilton as well, but when I saw how many hotels were booked up already I just grabbed a room at the Marriott.

FanFicGuru

Yeah, unfortunately you may have to either find a different hotel to stay in for the first and last night, or find another hotel that can take your desired block of time. Might I suggest the Fairmont? 105 dollars a night and it is a very nice hotel. Granted, it's about 5-10 minutes from the convention on foot, but sometimes at the end of the night it's nice to put some distance between yourself and the convention.

Swap meet staff - 2014

Rodney_Pheonix

Since it's just myself I was planning on the cheapest available, the 75 a night room at the Hilton.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

SweetNiar

Dont know where everyone is looking, but i still see it that you can book at the Marriott($88) and Hilton($79) for the 22nd-25th. 

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: SweetNiar on January 04, 2009, 02:00:17 PM
Dont know where everyone is looking, but i still see it that you can book at the Marriott($88) and Hilton($79) for the 22nd-25th. 

See the highlighted portion.

Sorry about the bad resolution.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

SweetNiar

How about that....^_^ it might say it there but ive booked my reservation to the 25th and it says on the print out page and my e-mail confirmation.  Never looked at the dates on the hotel list, just saw what was available when i went to book.

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

SweetNiar

if you go to actually book you'll see its available....no need for that

venus_ivy

Also, if you aren't able to book through the website for Monday night, give CMR a call, and they may be able to make more inventory available per demand. They also have a handy 'waitlist' feature on the website as well, once you have confirmed your reservation.
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Rodney_Pheonix

I was facepalmtreeing at myself.

And the waitlist seems handy as well. When would you say all of the block the housing group has will be taken up, or is there any indications that will occur any time soon.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 06, 2009, 02:34:02 PM
I was facepalmtreeing at myself.

And the waitlist seems handy as well. When would you say all of the block the housing group has will be taken up, or is there any indications that will occur any time soon.

From the looks of it, the rooms will be booked faster than they were last year...and Craige had to keep opening more and more rooms by begging the hotels lol. I think they were first maxed out in March of last year, a few months after the portal opened up, but all of the prime spots and nights go a bit faster than that, probably mid-February.

But, you can't count on that since Fanime gets more and more popular each year. Moral of the story- Reserve now...so you won't regret it later.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Kyra_Maverick

Last year housing got another hotel to agree to convention prices and posted that up in March or April.

Rodney_Pheonix

Oh joy. Today just gets better and better...the bank of mom and dad are saying "we can wait on reserving a hotel room"

And here I am thinking, by the time they get around to it. I'll wind up stuck in a hotel that's got daily and hourly rates clear across town.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Moonblossom

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 06, 2009, 10:22:36 PM
Oh joy. Today just gets better and better...the bank of mom and dad are saying "we can wait on reserving a hotel room"

And here I am thinking, by the time they get around to it. I'll wind up stuck in a hotel that's got daily and hourly rates clear across town.

Play the "saving money" card. "If we book now, we're guaranteed a great price, we don't have to pay anything yet, and we can always cancel later if need be. If we wait, odds are the prices will go up."

It's all totally true.