FanimeCon 2019 Forums

FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism => Registration => Topic started by: ILuvHeijiHattori on April 12, 2006, 08:27:25 AM

Title: About child's reg.
Post by: ILuvHeijiHattori on April 12, 2006, 08:27:25 AM
What If I'm 16 years old...

I can't get my parents to come with me...

My 9 year old sister wants to come...

Could I be her guardian or does she need to pay the adult price?

I'm asking cuz usually a guardian is someone 18 and up. So... ^^; yeah.
Title: About child's reg.
Post by: FanFicGuru on April 12, 2006, 01:33:22 PM
I think that you could still bring her with you. Maybe if you got a note from your mother or father saying that they are leaving her in your care for this event, then you would technically be considered her guardian for that day. Either way, I don't think that you should buy her a registration when she could just get in free.
Title: About child's reg.
Post by: MPLe on April 23, 2006, 06:19:34 PM
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
I think that you could still bring her with you. Maybe if you got a note from your mother or father saying that they are leaving her in your care for this event, then you would technically be considered her guardian for that day. Either way, I don't think that you should buy her a registration when she could just get in free.


Notes will not be honored as a note can easily be forged.

Ok on with the answers and general comments to the original post:
 - Your parents have to be with your sister and you as they are your legal guardians.
 - She does not need to pay the adult price. She can get a child's pass.
Title: About child's reg.
Post by: CuteMew on April 30, 2006, 06:08:05 AM
Will child's passes be available on Thursday during pre-reg check-in?  Last year I don't think I was able to get one since children's passes aren't pre-registered.  So, if I get my badge on Thursday, is there any place I can go directly to get the child's pass without having to wait in line all over again?
Title: About child's reg.
Post by: MPLe on April 30, 2006, 05:50:05 PM
Quote from: "CuteMew"
Will child's passes be available on Thursday during pre-reg check-in?  Last year I don't think I was able to get one since children's passes aren't pre-registered.  So, if I get my badge on Thursday, is there any place I can go directly to get the child's pass without having to wait in line all over again?


Yes, you will be able to get Child memberships if you are picking up a pre-reg or early-reg badge.
Title: About child's reg.
Post by: nekokazzie on May 06, 2006, 07:38:06 PM
Related to this...

If my younger cousin wants to come,and since I'm over 18, can i be her guardian? Or did this just get answered? Just making sure^^;
Title: About child's reg.
Post by: MPLe on May 09, 2006, 02:04:36 AM
Quote from: "nekokazzie"
Related to this...

If my younger cousin wants to come,and since I'm over 18, can i be her guardian? Or did this just get answered? Just making sure^^;

No, because you are not her legal guardian.