Fall Season 2008

Started by Chun, August 22, 2008, 03:21:50 PM

Mizuki

Quote from: LastElixir on November 04, 2008, 10:28:20 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on November 03, 2008, 06:17:59 PM
The song was something that could be slapped into a Bleach or Naruto op, atleast they could have gotten B'z to sing it.

what? lol

j

Lol, I'm serious, I don't think the op. fits Hokuto no Ken at all.

LastElixir

Quote from: Mizuki on November 04, 2008, 11:38:36 AM
Quote from: LastElixir on November 04, 2008, 10:28:20 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on November 03, 2008, 06:17:59 PM
The song was something that could be slapped into a Bleach or Naruto op, atleast they could have gotten B'z to sing it.

what? lol

j

Lol, I'm serious, I don't think the op. fits Hokuto no Ken at all.

This show is HnK? No it's not, it just trash with Raoh in it. As for the op... it's jealkb.... and that puts a grin on my face, even though the song is pretty bad and the series is TERRIBLE.

j

Tsubasa

Series I'm up to date on: Akane-iro, CLANNAD AS, Index, Kannagi, Shugo Chara! Doki!, Tales of the Abyss, Toradora!, Yozakura Quartet

Take that as a gauge of the series I find interesting enough to be watching so far.  There are still a few series I haven't gotten around to checking out at all cause I've been lazy. XD;

Of the lot, I say what I'm most enjoying is CLANNAD AS, Kannagi, Index, and Shugo Chara! Doki!.  CLANNAD is more KEY, which is always great.  Kannagi is a fun watch with some cute girls.  Index is not spectacular, but it has an intriguing setting and is an interesting enough watch.   I recently caught up to Shugo Chara!, so Doki! is just a natural continuation of that.  ToA is rehash of the game and it's not a bad adaptation, but it's not like it's anything new.  Akane-iro is a mediocre galge-to-anime adaptation.  Exactly my kind of series.  Toradora! is another Kugimi series and that already implies "enjoyable, but not amazing" to me.  So far, it's been living up to that.  And Yozakura Quartet....  The way I like to describe it is there are two reasons why I'm watching the series.  And there happens to be an episode sandwiched between them.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

Tsubasa - I'm with you on Yozakura Quartet. Except that I really don't care about the episode in between. Am I the only one who thinks that the the OP sequence does a really poor job of working with the music?

The Good:
I'm growing more fond of Tytania and ToraDora!, the latter of which continues to surprise me with the quality of its writing. Kannagi still has not impressed me, but it's good enough that I'm up-to-date with it. I'm still working on getting my computer to render 720p episodes of Toaru Majutsu no Index (which is why I'm one episode behind); the show itself is still fairly interesting. And of course CLANNAD After Story is top.

The Bad:
I've fallen behind on Shikabane Hime Aka... I might catch up, depending. Kuroshitsuji is something I'm on the border of dropping. I downloaded episode 4 but haven't seen it yet - if it continues as-is for one more episode, I'm definitely done with that series. And Ga-Rei Zero frustrated me for the second episode in a row by being just overall dumb. I want the cast from the first episode back.

The Ugly:
New Xam'd episodes have apparently stopped coming out. I wish I knew why.

Spiritsnare

At mDuo's bidding, I caught up on the whole Clannad franchise. And then I caught up on Xam'd, and the latest subs of Hidamari Sketch x365 (I know it's not this season, but they're taking forever and releasing it nowadays, so I figured I should mention it here).

Perhaps I should catch up on Tales of the Abyss.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

So Fall season is over and Winter season has begun. (In fact, just about everything Winter has aired 1-2 episodes already.)

Fall post-mortem:
Ga-Rei -Zero- was pretty solid overall. Unusually good soundtrack. There were a couple of crap episodes, and the first episode was rather misleading, but that didn't completely ruin the series.

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~, Tytania, ToraDora!, and Toaru Majutsu no Index are still going. I'm pleasantly surprised at the return of 26-episode series in force. All of them are still pretty good. For that matter, Xam'd is still going, too.

Kannagi was pretty much exactly what it seemed like. A generic but rather well-executed magical girlfriend type of show. It had more "enjoyable nothing" and less serious plot than a lot of similar series, which ended up working in its favor. The ending was likewise fittingly generic and open-ended.

I dropped Shikabane Hime Aka, because it was boring, Kuroshitsuji because it was boring AND full of fanservice aimed at the wrong gender, Yozakura Quartet because the only good things about it were the OP and ED, and Hakushaku to Yousei for no particular reason.

I guess that about covers it.

Sunara Ishi

I finished Ef -a tale of melodies- and Hakushaku to Yousei. Ef was really sad this season but very good. I always love its artistic flare. Hakushaku was wonderful but it leads me to believe that there is more. I don't know if the plot just continues in the manga, if there will be a second season or if it is just leaving it to our imaginations. I watched the Shigofumi OVA as well; it basically a conclusion to the series. I liked it.

I'm still watching Kuroshitsuji, Index, Jigoku Shoujo season 3, Clannad after story, Michiko e Hatchin, and Toradora. I've fallen behind on Kannagi, Tales of abyss, and Skip Beat. I am still tempted to pick up Tytania. I rather like Kuroshitsuji, Index, and Toradora. I've gotten rather addicted to the Kuroshitsuji manga as well. I'm waiting for Jigoku Shoujo's plot to pick up. In retrospect, Today in class 5-2 would have been a cute one to pass the time but I'll probably not get around to it now.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula