Where do you shop to make your own

Started by AJ_627, September 01, 2008, 09:14:47 PM

AJ_627

Im new to cosplaying and i wanted to make my own to save money, but it was a real bitch looking for what i needed. i needed some plain shirts so i went to a shoe store like Champs and Footlocker and they cost like $10 each(didn't know if it was worth it).

I just want to ask the experienced one that where do you do your shopping to make your costume.

luckyends

umm thrift store, sales in stores or discount stores, or just make it and get the materials at joanns or micheals
does that help?
also if you cosplay be prepaired to spend alot of money on things you will only wear once or twice....
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Yukari Kaiba

really depends on what you're making. Some cosplays can be put together with clothes found at thrift stores/good will and require minimal modification; others you'll have to modify patterns or draft your own (depending on your ability to sew).
what exactly are you making? we could help you out better if you told us what character you're trying to make a costume for.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Evangelion Xgouki

I search out different stores when I cosplay.  As a cosplayer, one of the fun things about making something is finding things to use in places you'd never expect.  I tend to frequent Beverly's, Jo-Ann, Fabric R Us, Michaels, Home Depot, and some online sites for Wonderflex. 

For your shirt problem, I suggest checking out craft stores like Michaels.  They have plain shirts there for painting and what not that you can get for $5 or so.