The plane incident with US Airways..

Started by LordKefka, January 15, 2009, 09:43:43 PM

LordKefka

I'm pretty sure many of us have heard of what happened today with the US Airways incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_on_re_us/plane_in_river_pilot

Srsly though, this guy IS awesome. To be so collective during that situation and beyond.... I would have jumped out the plane..>.>;;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Steve.Young

The way the article was written made it seem like a "Oh yea, it was cool" kind of feel to it.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

LordKefka

Yeah. I can't find the other articles anymore about the incident. Only one I can post xP

Then again, I only use Yahoo news since I'm lazy to click my mouse for other sites..>.>;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Rodney_Pheonix

The pilot deserves a medal. That was a textbook emergency water landing. Hell the NYC disaster response was all textbook. I was watching the news during lunch break today, though I really wasn't paying attention at first. I looked up, saw the caption. Flight Crash in NYC. My first thought was. "****...another September eleventh." Then I saw it was a water landing, so I figured. "How big of a bird was it?"
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

JTchinoy

birds.  it was a whole flock i heard.  osama needs to train better terrorist birds.  they didn't fly into the engines at the right time.

that pilot deserves a Fing cookie

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kandybar

I can see it now.  Mayor Bloomberg offers key to the city to the pilot, and all he says is, "Oh, thank you, but I'd rather have a cookie."

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kandybar on January 16, 2009, 01:03:16 PM
I can see it now.  Mayor Bloomberg offers key to the city to the pilot, and all he says is, "Oh, thank you, but I'd rather have a cookie."
How about a Key to the city with a bucket of cookies tied to the end of it.  :O

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Gatsby

Quote from: JTchinoy on January 16, 2009, 02:19:59 PM
Quote from: Kandybar on January 16, 2009, 01:03:16 PM
How about a Key to the city with a bucket of cookies tied to the end of it.  :O

Or or... the key to a cookie factory. :D

But on a serious note, that guy handles pressure extremely well.

potatofreek

That guy is awesome. I agree he deserves a cookie. I would've panicked.
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

XpHoBiaX

He had been in the military. Apparently he was in the Army, and I guess he flew planes or something. So he had experience beforehand. I had to leave when the news people where talking about it, so I dunno. I think it's cool that he saved lives, and that he is being rewarded.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

jazmatazz

he was a fighter pilot in the air force apparently... not surprised he was able to remain so calm and collected - a lot of the pilots that i work with are under constant pressure and they gotta handle it well else things go boom. :)

nevertheless, yay u.s. airways dude! and damn you birds! (FYI, certain personnel that work on the flightline are trained to shoot at birds. LULZ.)
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Jerry

I'm still suprised on how bird(s) could take down not 1 but 2 engines...

again its awesome of him to save 155+ (considering the familes of the ppl on the plane) a LOT of grief.

not everyday the news is actually GOOD news.

oh and something about a new president got sworn in today.

I wonder if anyone started a thread about that yet.  ::)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D