Hilton is now a 100% NON SMOKING Property

Started by Moonblossom, January 20, 2009, 07:22:48 PM

XpHoBiaX

I usually just took the stairs and walked FAR from the hotel to light up. But no matter where you go, somone is going to complain. (Mostly becuase you never know where that "Open Window/Door" Law will be) Yet no one complains about the drunkard passed out in the hallway, or the loitering prostitute, passing herself off as some sort of cosplayer. O_o
Oh I have stories...

Anyways, I'm not all too suprised really. I prefer smoking outside, but it isn't my fualt the wind is blowing.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

M

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 14, 2009, 03:10:39 PM
I usually just took the stairs and walked FAR from the hotel to light up. But no matter where you go, somone is going to complain. (Mostly becuase you never know where that "Open Window/Door" Law will be) Yet no one complains about the drunkard passed out in the hallway, or the loitering prostitute, passing herself off as some sort of cosplayer. O_o
Oh I have stories...

Anyways, I'm not all too suprised really. I prefer smoking outside, but it isn't my fualt the wind is blowing.
People complain about the "drunkard" as much as they do about the smoker, I assure you. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

USSRdog

I have to be one to say I'm somewhat disappointed with Hilton being Non Smoking now. My friends and I only smoke Hookah, it was great having being able to stay in the room without carrying all of the items outside of the buildling and back up. Despite that and the closest smoking hotel is a bit aways we stuck with Hilton. But it is the choice of the hotel not much we can do abou that. Although in the Hotel Thread I did post a question to HiltonStaff asking where the smoking selection will be placed, no response was given back.... ???
It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life hums a long like a song. But the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when everything goes dead wrong.

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: USSRdog on May 17, 2009, 05:28:25 PM
Although in the Hotel Thread I did post a question to HiltonStaff asking where the smoking selection will be placed, no response was given back.... ???

I apologize for the delayed response... but the areas where you can smoke are the front of the hotel (bottom of stairs) and the back of restaurant (smoking oasis area)
Travel should take you places

Drunkenlazybastard

screw that, hotbox the hotel suite.

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 20, 2009, 07:22:48 PM
Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on January 19, 2009, 07:10:40 PM
We are now a 100% NON SMOKING Property

Just to have it on record that not everyone is thrilled about that descision, this is why you've lost at least two loyal Hilton regulars. I'm not sure if any studies ever get done regarding this sort of thing, but people who smoke still do travel on occasion.

So thanks. Your renovated rooms look lovely, it's a shame we'll never get to see any of them.