Finally: Someone said the truth!

Started by Steve.Young, February 03, 2009, 07:11:15 PM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: mDuo13 on February 16, 2009, 11:47:54 AM
I feel bad for my friend's brother. He's in middle school, not too interested in Twilight but he tagged along with some friends to see the movie. Then he got slapped in the face for watching the movie without reading the books first. Poor kid has the dumbest friends.

What the hell, that's terrible.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Gatsby

I read all the books and enjoyed them, but they are in no means great. They're cheesy romance novels target to teen girls. That's why I liked them. I can't see how so many people think they're these masterpieces. But whatever, different strokes for different folks. Personally I like Micheal Romkey's books about vampires.

Jun-Watarase

The thing is, by itself... it isn't a terrible series. It's the hype and fandom that makes it terrible. The fact that it's put on a pedestal so high that it's considered a social faux-pas to have not read it and how people typically mindlessly become obsessed with it enough to push it unto others... is what makes it ridiculously irritating.

Stephanie Meyer isn't some sort of horrible person to have wrote this, claiming it to be the masterpiece of the century. She knows, for the most part, what it was intentionally written for... young teen-aged girls. It's not my cup of tea, but the demographic it was targeted enjoyed it. I just hate how people react to it, and how obnoxious the entire fandom is as a whole.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Gatsby

But aren't all fanboys and girls annoying? Lol. Except Star Wars fans, we'll kill ourselves off soon enough because we can't breed.

G.I.R

Is this topic only limited to "Twilight", or can we throw some other truths out on the field?

rude32

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 14, 2009, 09:24:08 PM
I saw this and thought of you all...enjoy.

hey, HEY!! We're not Vampires, we're freaking Goth!!!
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Gatsby

Quote from: rude32 on February 16, 2009, 11:21:08 PM

Yeah! We smoke cigarettes and drink coffee.

JohnnyAR

God help me and send reinforcments. My school is crawling with Twighlight fans EVERYWHERE and I can´t hold them back, one claims that Twilight is better than all the other vampire genre stuff. That pissed the hell outta me!

Beware Twilight and fanbase, I will burn all heretics! One of your own has insultaed Hellsing, now you must pay the price.

aw snap, my minutes at the cybercafe are almost up.

rude32

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 18, 2009, 06:45:18 PM
God help me and send reinforcments. My school is crawling with Twighlight fans EVERYWHERE and I can´t hold them back, one claims that Twilight is better than all the other vampire genre stuff. That pissed the hell outta me!

Beware Twilight and fanbase, I will burn all heretics! One of your own has insultaed Hellsing, now you must pay the price.

If you want to get rid of them, burn down your local Hot Topic.

Barnes

Quote from: rude32 on February 18, 2009, 10:45:44 PM

Winner. I can sleep easy tonight  8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 16, 2009, 11:25:59 PM
Quote from: rude32 on February 16, 2009, 11:21:08 PM

Yeah! We smoke cigarettes and drink coffee.

South Park is so awesome.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Oi, the lot I´m dealing with aren´t Hot Topic goers...

rude32

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 20, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Oi, the lot I´m dealing with aren´t Hot Topic goers...
Then they are probably regular goth kids then.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: rude32 on February 20, 2009, 08:27:56 PM

I dunno. I was pretty sure the Twilight fandom's demographic is pretty much the average teenager, rather than exclusively goths and emo kids. From what I remember from high school, a lot of goths are slightly elitist in what they like and participate in, and tend to push away general conformity for the sake of nonconforming, and anyone else would just be a poseur.

FanimaidCafe.com

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 20, 2009, 08:49:06 PM

I dunno. I was pretty sure the Twilight fandom's demographic is pretty much the average teenager, rather than exclusively goths and emo kids. From what I remember from high school, a lot of goths are slightly elitist in what they like and participate in, and tend to push away general conformity for the sake of nonconforming, and anyone else would just be a poseur.

Exactly, the fans at my school range from a variety of teens.

I actually got kicked in the balls by one of them.

Well, time to prepare!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 22, 2009, 07:15:14 AM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 20, 2009, 08:49:06 PM

Exactly, the fans at my school range from a variety of teens.

I actually got kicked in the balls by one of them.

Well, time to prepare!

I can't say the average teenager. The average teenager rarely reads if at all. There to busy trying to up there popularity, partying, and sometimes doing illegal things. Kinds try to rebel so hard.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.