NEED to makeup my mind

Started by SirVincent, February 12, 2009, 04:40:59 AM

SirVincent

OK guys I have only been to Fanime one time and that was last year and i had a good time more or less. however I had people to go with me last year and this year it looks like I will have to go by my self if i go. now here where i need you help its 4:00AM and i have played the Caramelldansen song like 300 times now and i'm 50/50 on going and not going. Please tell me why I should go.
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

shinjiboy

If you have the money, then go.  It only happens once a year and if you don't attend any other conventions (like me), Fanime is it.

If you can't spare the cash or can think of better things to do that weekend, then by all means don't go. 

I can't imagine listening to that song 300 times and making important decisions at 4:40 AM in the break of dawn.

Long

SirVincent

Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

Kanzake

caramelldansen is too overdone. ugh.

Go to fanime to have fun. You dont need to go with friends to have fun, because you can always make friends with people there. I mean, everyone there might have a lot in common with you. IE what genre/styles of anime you like and etc.

My 2 cents, just go if you can/want to afford it. I use to go without friends, but i always made lots.

Just bring a digital camera. :3
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

TC X0 Lt 0X

It is easy to make friends at Fanime. I suggest you go, as it is very fun, and a good experience.
And if you want, I am more then willing to hang out with anyone who is by themselves.

PS
Caramelldansen FTW!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: Long on February 12, 2009, 08:43:19 AM
What's Carmelldansen?

are you serious? DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AN ANIME NERD?!?! AND IF SO YOU DO NOT KNOW CARAMELLDANSEN!? you tube it... while your at it search up The Caipirinha Dane...

AND BY THE WAY YOU SHOULD GO COZ FANIME IS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

otakuapprentice

Carmelldansen.......*facepalm*

I despise Carmelldansen.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jun-Watarase

So, what is this Caramel Dancing. Is that some fetish or something? Crazy nerds...

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 28, 2009, 09:52:57 PM
So, what is this Caramel Dancing. Is that some fetish or something? Crazy nerds...
It is a OLD internet meme created in 4chan back in '06. It involves a Flash animation loop showing two characters from the visual novel and after anime Popotan and a loop of the Song Caramelldansen a song sung by the Swedish band Caramell sped up. It is not dissimilar to 'Leekspin'.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

4chan? Internet? Unfunny and irritating memes beaten like dead ponies? ?!?!

Anyway, to the OP, if you feel you have a reason to go to Fanime, then do so. It's a social event, so if your main concern is whether or not you'll be lonely-- go socialize. Chances are, you'll find someone to hang out with. The rest is whether or not you're comfortable with it time-wise, and financially.

I don't know why you're so distraught about it. If you want to go, go. If you don't? Don't. Whatever the reason, go because you want to and have fun. It doesn't sound like anyone is forcing you to make a decision.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 28, 2009, 10:11:13 PM
It is a OLD internet meme created in 4chan back in '06. It involves a Flash animation loop showing two characters from the visual novel and after anime Popotan and a loop of the Song Caramelldansen a song sung by the Swedish band Caramell sped up. It is not dissimilar to 'Leekspin'.

-_- Besides missing the sarcasm...

4chan did not create Caramel Dansen.

Popotan is not a visual novel.

LastElixir

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 01, 2009, 03:48:50 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 28, 2009, 10:11:13 PM

-_- Besides missing the sarcasm...

4chan did not create Caramel Dansen.

Popotan is not a visual novel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popotan

Go and read. It is infact a visual novel.

Though for credit, I really got most of my info off of Wikipedia, so any errors occur there.

EDIT:
I win.

EDIT2:
And if your referring to the 'Song' Carmelldansen not being made on 4chan, I never stated so...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

Not that it matters, but Popotan is not a Visual Novel. Wikipedia's definition is incorrect, especially when they try to translate it as being called "Dating Sims" in the US.

FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 01, 2009, 03:57:50 PM\

Though for credit, I really got most of my info off of Wikipedia, so any errors occur there.

EDIT:
I win.

EDIT2:
And if your referring to the 'Song' Carmelldansen not being made on 4chan, I never stated so...

SIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

No. it is not a visual novel. First off, half the people that talk about genre's of galge have no damned clue what their talking about. "Dating sim" for example. Frankly, there really aren't any dating sim games.

Visual Novel... the actual actual actual usage of it, are for linear games that have one base story and only one base story. I.E. that one Tea Witch Society thing(iirc, I never played it, but supposedly that is). Popotan, is not a visual novel. It's a bishoujo game, galge, whatever... but it is NOT a visual novel, just like it's NOT a dating sim.

No, not the song, you dumbass... the meme. IT WAS NOT CREATED BY 4CHAN. It was on 2ch and futaba far before anyone on 4chan had even heard of it. Just like ilvaan polka was a 2ch meme long before anyone on 4chan used it.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 01, 2009, 04:38:16 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 01, 2009, 03:57:50 PM\

EDIT:
I win.

EDIT2:

SIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

No. it is not a visual novel. First off, half the people that talk about genre's of galge have no damned clue what their talking about. "Dating sim" for example. Frankly, there really aren't any dating sim games.

Visual Novel... the actual actual actual usage of it, are for linear games that have one base story and only one base story. I.E. that one Tea Witch Society thing(iirc, I never played it, but supposedly that is). Popotan, is not a visual novel. It's a bishoujo game, galge, whatever... but it is NOT a visual novel, just like it's NOT a dating sim.

No, not the song, you dumbass... the meme. IT WAS NOT CREATED BY 4CHAN. It was on 2ch and futaba far before anyone on 4chan had even heard of it. Just like ilvaan polka was a 2ch meme long before anyone on 4chan used it.

I cannot find any source which suggests a visual novel must have only one story. The sources I've read suggest they can have multiple story plots. The definition of a novel according to thefreedictionary.com defines Novel as 'A fictional prose narrative of considerable length, typically having a plot that is unfolded by the actions, speech, and thoughts of the characters', which does not suggest that a novel is limited to a single story/outcome. Interactive Novels seem to indicate that novels are not limited to one story/outcome either. That leads me to believe that a Visual Novel can have more then a single story. While I'm sure there are one story visual novels, there are also multiple story interactive visual novels, which would fall under the category of a visual novel.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Meirin

This is now a thread about not visual novels.

Regardless, you should go if you still like spending money on animu and such. You can still make some friends, for the most part. ;l
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Meirin on March 01, 2009, 05:52:37 PM
This is now a thread about not visual novels.

Regardless, you should go if you still like spending money on animu and such. You can still make some friends, for the most part. ;l

Yeah, we kind of have gotten off topic.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

I like the fact that at cons, in the dealer's rooms, you are able to have things there physically and are able to examine them in person. Plus, no shipping fees, and possible bargaining.

But for the most people, if not all the people I know-- the primary reason to go to cons is to enjoy spending time with other people. If you don't know who you're going with, there's no harm in going to events and see what the con itself has to offer, and possibly meet people through that. Perhaps events like... I don't know, the maid cafe.  ;)

FanimaidCafe.com