Basquash! Robots playing basketball?

Started by xXunyuuXx, May 09, 2009, 09:52:04 AM

xXunyuuXx

So many good anime came out this spring and the one that got me so crazy and unable to
keep calm was Basquash. Not only the music and story line that got me interested but the whole idea
of Big Foot playing basketball and the CG effects. So what do you guys think of it? Opinions? Like it? Hate it?
^('o')^

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

kollunz

doot

G.I.R

I into it so far.

I liked the Whole idea in the first episode about how flashy Big-foot Basketball looks on T.V., but seeing a game live, it looked weak (makes me think of that episode of the Simpsons where they went to a soccer game, and it was boring until a hooligan riot broke out).

JTchinoy

Anyone notice miyuki's boobs are NEVER focused on anymore? :P
I just found it funny since they over emphasize haruka's and even put in some sexual harassment in episode 6.
I like it so far.  It doesn't drag on events too long, although you could also say it runs through the story extremely fast as well.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

mDuo13

I've been following this series for a few reasons (voice cast, insert music, special effects) and have been on the verge of dropping it for others (the plot is dumb, the fanservice is ridiculously overdone) but I've decided that it's entertaining enough, despite being idiotic, for me to follow a little longer.

JTchinoy

Are we sure this anime wasn't designed for purely fanservice purposes?  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xXunyuuXx

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 09, 2009, 02:38:52 PM
Are we sure this anime wasn't designed for purely fanservice purposes?  :P

0///0
Hmmm...I wonder

G.I.R

Mister_E

At first I seemed to me that I was going ditch this anime but now I'm at episode 6 and it's not for the fanservice parts. Maybe it's for the mecha and basketball parts, since I like mechas and used to play basketball years back.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

basketball, check.
mecha, check.
boobs, check.

remind me how this isn't a fanservice anime?  it has everything a guy wants in an anime.  not to mention it has 2 young girls, a masochist chick, and a huge boobed milf in it.  is this anime forgetting to appeal to anyone?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X