Get to know your fellow forum members~! ♥

Started by Vensy, August 06, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

monikamilani

^ I think, I couldn't stand it when at disneyland my friend bought fancy ice cream for 3 bucks, yet it was hollowed out and it was just like a shell of an ice cream scoop and an empty cone, and since her mom was a doctor she uses her money sometimes, she bought about 5 more =__-"
< Aww, phone shortage :( but, YES. for new phone XD
> I ate CHICKEN! :D And pressed microwave buttons confusingly for 10 min :D YAY for the microwave!
v Have you ever been on stage in front of a huge audience for 1 min. minimum?
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Jerry

^ i got my last phone easily over 2+ years ago, never really been into smart phones... though i am getting into texting now and wish i had a keyboard thingy

<  microwaves chicken

> thinks BBQ chicken would taste much better

V  any final BBQ plans before your summer ends?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Barnes

^ I think mom's gonna host another one (we just had one on Sunday)

< Lives in East SJ and has a job

> Lives in South SJ and wants to get away for a few days

v Have you ever listened to music from Jane's Addiction before?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

c2chaos

^ I just looked it up, so i can say that I have. It sounds very reminiscent...hmm...
< Looking to take a vacation.
> It's been so long since I've seen clouds, I almost forgot what they look like. They look like bunnies and dragons. XD
V What kind of music do you like the least?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ Anything that doesn't contain any lyrical substance, derogatory slurs, or general inappropriateness.
< Gets to see bunny and dragon-shaped clouds. XD
> Day 2 of 3 Band Camp done with ease and had school registration on the same day. ID photo came out nice and I'm satisfied with the teachers I got. ;)
V You have a favorite teacher in school?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

AuroraDreamer

^ Not in college. Heh, I don't talk with my professors really that much right now. They change every quarter.
< Is happy with the outlook of teachers for her next year of school
> Is wanting to do something, but isn't sure what.
V What was the last thing you ate?

Aru Sakayama

^ Pizza at BJ's. Mmmmm...pizza....[/Homer]
< Just do something. As long as it isn't stupid lol
> I just came back from BJ's, the mall, and Chuck E' Cheeses. Even though the games are only one token, it's pretty sad that the condition of the games that are in that place have to suffer. It's like every kid that goes to Chuck E' Cheeses thinks that every game is like a little kiddy ride when some of them aren't, and that kind of irks me a bit.
V What are a few things that irk you in life?
Blaaah...I don't feel like doing anything....

Jerry

^ bad drivers, inconsiderate people, and those who start issues for no reason

<  just realized chuck e cheese is a crap-tastic place to be. kids dont notice it, be we adults do.

>  i think arcades are gonna be a thing of the past, with the exception of golfland.

V  whens the last time you played putt putt golf?  :)

Aru Sakayama

^ The only viable arcade in the west coast: GOLFLAND. :D
< I wish arcades wouldn't disappear...they seem like really good places to enjoy arcade games and socialize with other arcade gamers. It seems like arcade developers have to REALLY innovate if they want to please in the arcades, and even so, a bunch of gamers here in the west are simply just too appeased by console games and online play at home to actually get off their butts and spend some bucks at a freakin' arcade. Hell, we just recently discovered the advent of FREAKIN' INTERNET CONNECTIVITY in arcades, what with games like DJ Max Technika, DDR X, and a select few arcade racers being released (even though DDR X in America is a piece of crap and eAmusement costs a crapton of money a month to scare away small, niche arcades from implementing the system). Too bad the west seems to find many ways to complain about everything, especially when it comes to arcade games ("Oooh, why can't we just play this crap at home instead of paying money to play it, what the heck?"), and along that, the kids find many ways to DESTROY things, ESPECIALLY arcade games. Bundle that with subpar maintenance and yeah, I'm extremely pissed that arcades seem to not have much of a fighting chance in the west.

Sorry about the long rant, it's just a really passionate subject for me, especially considering the fact that I was actually SCARED of most arcade games back in the day. I never got a good opportunity to play these games, and I wish I could go back in time and play those games.

TL;DR - I'm extremely pissed that arcades are slowly dying, but I'm more pissed that arcades are trying their best to innovate to no avail.
> Sigh...that previous statement pooped me out. I'm gonna have breakfast now.
V What's one thing that you're really passionate about?

NerdyBirdAsh

^Cooking and baking. I love food, and more importantly, I love cooking for people I care about. It's how I show I care. ...And Sailor Moon. Pretty passionate about Sailor Moon too.
< Just went on a tirade about the tragedy of the ever-dwindling arcade. :c
> Just ate some of my homemade chicken broccoli alfredo. Omnomnom. <3
V What did you make and eat last?
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

Jerry

^ Last night my girlfriend and I were watching Food Network [random shows] and decided to make Rice Krispie Treats, it was marshmallow awesomeness :D

<  made alfredo

>  before that dessert making feat, I also made pasta with meat sauce [there was more meat that sauce!]

V   besides anime and going to conventions--- what other hobbies do you have that are ridiculously expensive?

c2chaos

^ I guess video games. When you add up the cost of internet, electricity, console, software...it's somewhat expensive. This
is why arcades are great. Unfortunately, there are no arcades here where I live, well you might find a few machines at the local laundromat but dang, no DJ Max Technicka or Initial D! I understand how you feel Aru, hopefully, you won't have to feel they way I do. (T__T)
< made food with his girlfriend.
> My brother installed a new cable modem today and the net feels slightly faster. My PC can play youtube videos with minimal problems now. Yay?
V Is there a game you want to play? (It doesn't necessarily need to be a video game.)

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ American McGee's Alice and its upcoming sequel Alice: The Madness Returns. I'd probably be too batshit scared to play it by myself. XD
< Has a new cable modem recently installed.
> Officially done with Band Camp. Now I have school the following Monday. :P
V Last time you ever went to a "camp"?

Aru Sakayama

^ I think it was about...4 years ago. We went to Lake Lopez (most of the lake was evaporated at that point), and it was subpar at best, especially when I couldn't connect with the people there as easily because I didn't know them.
< Have fun at school next week! Hope you don't get bombarded with homework!
> I'm adding cards into my Japanese Anki deck. All the better to remember all of the unknown Japanese words I've yet to learn.
V Do you have any good tips on studying in college?

DarkMoonlitStar

^ Well..personally I'm not much of a study person but I do when I have to...but some tips I guess that would help is just basic stuff: review what you don't know or aren't clear on, actually read the textbook highlight key terms or parts (or just simply take notes off of it), it shouldn't hurt to ask others for help, but NEVER cram your brain til it explodes...it's useless unless you have some sort of excellent memory...always study in moderation..make a plan for yourself and follow through on it.
< needs to study? and wants to learn Japanese
> I've been hopping around the generations of gaming consoles lately (ps1,ps2,gamecube,xbox 360, etc..) but is also playing Super Street Fighter IV!! (I'm not that good at it....)
> Does any of my studying advice seem like it would work and is there anything else you'd suggest? (I'm a college freshman myself o.o")
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

xMyuu

^ Its actually good advice, because I actually have similar study habits. Haha.
< Hey, at least you're totally up to date with these games and consoles. I'm stuck with the PS2 and PS2 games. XD
> Odd, but I can make my stomach do a wave.
V If you could choose to be anything in the world, who/what would you be?!

Alyxiane

^ I'd say it makes sense and is an effective habit. ... But then again, I'm still in high school ( .___.; ) but I do have a sister in her third year of college and has developed to budget her studying wisely.
< I can only think of the Street Fighter "unity game" I had to play at last year's Guard Camp. :P

Ninja'd

^ I have no idea. It really has to be something I love to do. OTL
< I'm farther behind than you. ... I only have a PS1 with PS1 games. :P
> I'm having an argument/debate on whether or not high school is a place to explore and experiment a little or purely a preparation for the future. I'm still deciding whether or not I might be in the art field or something completely different. At the very least, I want to have a strong general education background that can translate into any field of my choosing. I don't want to tip the scale for the benefit of a field I might not choose in the end. I just hate how crucial it is nowadays for someone my age to think about these things so much and it's giving me big time doubts. :-\
V How long did it took you to decide on the career you want to do? How is one sure of it?

Jerry

^ technically speaking I had NO idea of what career I wanted to end up in. In high school, I was told i could be anything, in college- I realized I didnt want to spend my life in a cubicle programming 24/7. After college, I thought I wanted to get into Banking and Financial markets... only to end up in Middle management retail for years... got a lucky break and slided over to HR where I was few years... only for the economy to flop and get laid off. got another lucky break and ended up in Insurance and still technically middle management/customer service... so No I admit that I am not in the career i truly wanted. but on a lighter note, i have to social work/life balance that I've always wanted.

<  high school is just ONE of the many stepping stones in your life... as my rant above even College, post college and even in the real adult life... your never going to settle for just ONE option. Life is all about problem solving and knowing that you always have options and the changes and just roll with it.

>  still thinks that Alyxiane is kinda sorta over thinking it... but realizes ive been ranting about things just as much as the next person... again its how you deal with life and keep moving towards your goals instead of sitting in the corner all emo and not doing anything about it.

V  whens the last time you got a hard "reality check" and decided to do something different with your life to work toward your goals and personal aspirations?

Elimeno

^ When I got laid off from my management job at a real estate office last year, fast forward to now and i'm going to school for 3D modeling for game development.

<  is well versed in life.

>  is lazing about since summer semester ended, feels good man.

V  what do you wanna be when you grow up? (i'm a toys R us kid :D)
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

c2chaos

^ A time-traveler. XD
< Finally get top enjoy summer--or at least what's left of it.
> So, as I was outside working in the dirt, I realized that the chick I had rescued died. I guess I couldn't save it in time. R.I.P Chickie #4. (T__T)
V What's your least favorite food?