Yukkuri shite itte ne! Touhou Gathering 2010!

Started by math4origami, November 30, 2009, 03:15:59 AM

xaxafour

Hey, uh, looks like you got it; I was going to tell you...
anyways

Can you add this group to to the pending section
Remilia Scarlet
Flandre Scarlet
Yagokoro Eirin
Nagae Iku
Hinanawi Tenshi

Also, I think G.S. LXVIII would still be considered pending

YasonoJ

Oh wow, this years gathering is looking like it's going to be huge.

I'll be there as either Komachi Onozuka or Yumemi Okazaki, I haven't completely decided which one yet.

Any ideas on a time, date and location yet?

math4origami

Well, considering http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html is still empty, I have no idea when we'll be, since we have to wait for bigger groups to choose first.  I'm hoping Sat at 3pm or something convenient.

iNSOMNiAC

If it ends up being on Saturday then I probably won't be able to make it, but I'm also genuinely surprised at how big this gathering is looking like so far, especially compared to last year.

math4origami

Thank xaxafour for that.  Anyone who I consider confirmed is because I've seen xaxafour personally work on his/her costume or gone shopping for materials with. 

xaxafour

@math4origami

yo, you know CCY will be joining us right?  um, username should be... ccyoshi

@YasonoJ

if you're still deciding on which character, I'd like to put in a recommendation for Komachi

YasonoJ

Quote from: xaxafour on February 12, 2010, 02:38:38 AM
@YasonoJ

if you're still deciding on which character, I'd like to put in a recommendation for Komachi

I think that I will go with Komachi. It seems a lot easier to transport a scythe around than a big glowing cross.

Quote from: math4origami on February 10, 2010, 08:59:58 PM
Thank xaxafour for that.  Anyone who I consider confirmed is because I've seen xaxafour personally work on his/her costume or gone shopping for materials with. 

Yeah, I was suprised to see how many people you have.

And plus you have the people on the cosplay.com forums, and then we've still got more than 3 months until the convention and more people are bound to sign up, and I know about 10 more people that havent signed up on either board that are planning touhou cosplay.

StarPikachu

Aww, I got beaten to Sakuya. :( And I was almost done with my cosplay, too. I guess I have to choose someone else now. I want to be Shikieiki, but she's too hard...

I know! I still have leftover blue cloth from my Cirno cosplay last year and I have a white shirt that I separated the sleeves from that I was going to use for a Hatsune Miku cosplay, so I guess I'll be KOCHIYA SANAE! >:D It's so perfect because I'm the same age as her! ;D *hopes no one else is Sanae*
But the only problem is my hair. I can't afford am not allowed to get a wig and my hair is like Reimu's so maybe I'll cosplay as Reimu cosplaying Sanae?
Thanks to MetroidHunter26 for the sig!

xaxafour

Well we don't have a Sanae, but since you're almost done with your Sakuya cosplay, you don't have to change now...
I mean, different characters are preferred, but, yeah, since you're almost done...  :(

YasonoJ

Quote from: StarPikachu on February 15, 2010, 06:44:59 PM
Aww, I got beaten to Sakuya. :( And I was almost done with my cosplay, too. I guess I have to choose someone else now. I want to be Shikieiki, but she's too hard...

Well I doubt we'll be able to avoid doubles, especially for the more popular characters. I know at least 3 people coming as Cirno, maybe more. And I know two people planning on coming as Shinki... you know it's going to be a huge gathering when you have a double of a PC-98 character.

iNSOMNiAC

StarPikachu, don't be discouraged just because there's somebody else planning on cosplaying the same thing. Choose whatever cosplay you want, instead of compromising and likely having less fun because of it.

beefcup

Okay, Satori is a definite and I might bring along my dude friend as male Koishi (Broishi ::))

Also now that it's back up, make sure to coordinate with the people in the Cosplay.com Touhou gathering thread and agree on a meetup date... I know some attendees here wanted Saturday afternoon and I think the Coscommers are looking at Sunday.

AngieDesu

Wow, this is going to be such an immense gathering. Put me down for Murasa and hopefully I'll have my friend as Chiyuri with me.

Okabun

So right now, I'm working on my Utsuho Reiuji cosplay, so I'm sorry that I'm a double of another character... :'(
I'm also working on a Kaguya Houraisan, so I'm sorry to both of the Utsuho and Kaguya cosplayers, but now you both will have twinsies.
But you can put me down for Yukkuri Kaguya. My face is naturally round and stupid looking.

iNSOMNiAC

Really guys, don't sweat the whole "doubles" thing. Its unavoidable and nobody is really going to care; we're just glad to have so many attendees this year! So don't feel bad at all about it. I can't wait to see everyone! Fanime is coming up way too fast... Luckily I'm almost done with Suika; just need to make the skirt for the most part. Oh, and the dangly-ornaments that hang from her wrists.

beefcup

...only doubles I'm worried about is a potential "double gathering" :P  Did we ever reach a consensus with the Touhous on Cosplay.com?

math4origami

I've written a reply but haven't gotten back from Iori E yet.

YasonoJ

I finished Komachi, so I'm now 100% sure I'll be bringing that.

Okabun

Ok, I just got finished with my Utsuho cosplay without the cannon, but my boyfriend is constructing that. So put me down for Utsuho!

xaxafour

Hey, math4origami, you need to put AngieDesu, YasonoJ, and Okabun in the top section
and, take Tenshi off of the pending section and put zeus0614 down for Tenshi.

Also, you should, like, figure out when we're meeting.

Also, I think this thread needs a cool graphic.