Space Battleship Yamato movie.

Started by Loktera^2, January 04, 2010, 01:38:27 PM

Loktera^2

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

G.I.R

As with other Live Action Adaptations, It definatly could be fail, but the sets and effects look cool thou.

BunofGovt

Unlike most other live action adaptations, I would probably go see this just because.  A quick visit to wikipedia indicates that "..Noboru Ishiguro, director and writer of the original Space Battleship Yamato television anime series, confirmed at his Otakon panel on Saturday, July 17, 2009 that a live action version of Space Battleship Yamato is in development. He also noted that Takuya Kimura will star as the main hero Susumu Kodai in the remake of the space opera classic.."  Film was set to be released in December 2010.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Shinsengumi

I might check it out since I love series.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

lyricaldanichan

From the trailer it looked very authentic to theTV series. It didn't look cheesy at all and the FX is not bad for what it is worth. I am looking forward to seeing this whenever it comes out on DVD/BR a year later.

Mach5Motorsport

Quote from: G.I.R on January 04, 2010, 04:29:23 PM
As with other Live Action Adaptations, It definatly could be fail, but the sets and effects look cool thou.

True, yet......

Just seeing the CG animation snipets of the Yamato and the music score makes it cool.  And that its a Japanese production.   8)
Remember when Hollywood "tried" to do a Godzilla movie starring Matthew Broderick? Epic Fail.  :D

Sometimes, its not about how much money or how advanced the special effects, it's about the intent and effort put forward.  Soul.  The remade Battlestar Galactica started with a lot of skeptical fans....look how that turned out.

Case in point, The Speed Racer Movie was really done well to the intent of the original series (it was a kids show).  Tatsunoko Studios was very appreciative of the Wachowski Brothers and their luv of the 60s show.  Even Peter Fernandez got realy good screen time.
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host