FanimeCon 2010 Housing is OPEN!

Started by jdawson, January 11, 2010, 11:46:00 AM

KyraEnsui

I think you have to request for the mini-fridge for the Marriott. However, all the rooms at the Hilton have them since I stayed there for three years straight.

jdawson

Quote from: BloodRayne on January 18, 2010, 12:57:56 AM
I have 2 questions.  :P

1. Does anyone know how much the Junior Suites will be costing if we request one?
2. Where is the best place to park if you are rooming at the Marriott? (I know they only do valet parking but, I want to know if there are other places to park with/without pay, valet is a last resort)

Hello - Junior suites at the Marriott are $154.00 plus tax, per night. They have a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. They are basically the size of 1.5 standard rooms. To request a Junior Suite, please email [email protected].

Thank you,
FanimeCon Housing

Mordyan

Just a follow up. I emailed Housing and requested Thursday and Monday night at the Marriott and they let me know that I was on the waiting list. Now, just 2 days after that, I have the nights I wanted. So a big thank you to Housing for their prompt response and quick resolution.

ollieMaxwell

do you have to pay anything upfront to reserve the room? just wondering?

BloodRayne

Quote from: jdawson on January 20, 2010, 11:43:56 AM
Quote from: BloodRayne on January 18, 2010, 12:57:56 AM
I have 2 questions.  :P

1. Does anyone know how much the Junior Suites will be costing if we request one?
2. Where is the best place to park if you are rooming at the Marriott? (I know they only do valet parking but, I want to know if there are other places to park with/without pay, valet is a last resort)

Hello - Junior suites at the Marriott are $154.00 plus tax, per night. They have a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. They are basically the size of 1.5 standard rooms. To request a Junior Suite, please email [email protected].

Thank you,
FanimeCon Housing

@KyraEnsui: Thanks.  :)
@jdawson: Wow, a bit pricey huh? Thank you though for the info.  ;) I already booked a double/double for 122 a night but, was very curious with the Junior suites since I heard a lot of people are requesting them. Maybe I'll book one next year.  8)

Moonblossom

Quote from: ollieMaxwell on January 20, 2010, 10:54:30 PM
do you have to pay anything upfront to reserve the room? just wondering?

Nope. They require a credit card to guarantee the room, but it does not actually charge the card until you're at the hotel.

This question was answered on the first page of the thread, by the way. ;P

KyraEnsui

Wow. I just checked it out today and saw that all the rooms are sold for the Hilton. It's only January too.

Touya no Miko

Quote from: KyraEnsui on January 21, 2010, 10:42:18 AM
Wow. I just checked it out today and saw that all the rooms are sold for the Hilton. It's only January too.

I already booked a room there, thank god.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

chanocular

Am I seeing the hotel list right? All rooms at Marriott are sold out? Thats crazy...luckily I got a room when reservations were available.

BloodRayne

Quote from: chanocular on January 27, 2010, 05:55:49 PM
Am I seeing the hotel list right? All rooms at Marriott are sold out? Thats crazy...luckily I got a room when reservations were available.

Me too. ^_^ I wanted to stay at the Hilton but, they only had king bed rooms left when I checked at the time. So I decided to go with Marriott. Haha Sainte Claire is almost sold out too.  :o

Moonblossom

It seems like things sold out even faster than normal this year. I am really glad I didn't wait, even though I'm still not 100% positive I'll be able to make it. I'll know by March, so it's possible a king room at the Hilton may open up around that time XD

BloodRayne

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 30, 2010, 06:12:55 AM
It seems like things sold out even faster than normal this year. I am really glad I didn't wait, even though I'm still not 100% positive I'll be able to make it. I'll know by March, so it's possible a king room at the Hilton may open up around that time XD

:D Yeah, I'm sure that some people will cancel their reservations so that way some rooms are going to be available when Fanime starts getting much closer. xD *hopes a double/double at hilton will be available* << I really doubt that though haha.  ;D

KyraEnsui

Quote from: BloodRayne on January 30, 2010, 11:27:45 AM
Quote from: Moonblossom on January 30, 2010, 06:12:55 AM

:D Yeah, I'm sure that some people will cancel their reservations so that way some rooms are going to be available when Fanime starts getting much closer. xD *hopes a double/double at hilton will be available* << I really doubt that though haha.  ;D

Did you email to Fanime Housing to be on the waitlist? That's what I did and got the double/double rooms at the Hilton.

LimeLina

Sooooo expensive are these hotels ><

KyraEnsui

Quote from: LimeLina on January 30, 2010, 06:54:49 PM

Cheaper than what the hotels itself are cost so this is a great discount. You can find it cheaper if you search around, but not close to convention though.

Moonblossom

Booking the Hilton straight through their reservations service, it's $189 a night for a king bedded room during the same period. This is less than half price, that's not expensive at all!

FanFicGuru

Not expensive at all actually. I'm getting my king bed for $88/night. That's really friggin' cheap imo.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tsu

Agreed, they used to be more expensive a few years ago.  And if you share the room and split the cost with 1-2 people, it really brings it down even more.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Jerry

Quote from: LimeLina on January 30, 2010, 06:54:49 PM

if you didnt get this Fanime Discounts that theyve worked hard and negotiated their butts off you'd be paying upwards of 150~$200/night and thats just a basic room.

*shakes head*  poor kids. then again anything close to $100 price tag is "expensive" so i suppose its all relative.

Stuff in life is expensive. So Save up properly!  ;)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

People will eventually learn, that all good things in life are not cheap.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com