Map of fanime?

Started by snowkit, April 18, 2010, 10:26:34 PM

snowkit

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this has already been answered, but as a newb to fanime I'd like to have a map of the general area and  where things are supposed to be held. is this possible? is there already an existing map? if there is can someone link me it? thanks very much! <3

heeroyuy135

There will be a map in the program guide which will be in your goodie bag that you'll receive upon picking up your badge.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 18, 2010, 10:49:13 PM
There will be a map in the program guide which will be in your goodie bag that you'll receive upon picking up your badge.

Huzzah goodie bags! But yeah, what he said. There will also be spare maps littered throughout the convention hall including restaurant maps!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kyra_Maverick

In past years a map and program goes up on the website for download a week or two before con.

snowkit

okay sounds good, but there wont be access to on before hand? if not oh well :3 so who knows what's in these goodie bags?

Gwydion

Sometimes you can go to San Jose's city website and get a map of the downtown area/where all the restaurants are. Think that was the one used as map one year.

michiko nakano

goodie bags... last year it was a pocket guide, a nice big program, a little manga, some coupons for lollicups and stuff, a few advertisements, cool fanime bag... am i missing anything?

Elimeno

Quote from: michiko nakano on April 20, 2010, 09:25:57 AM
goodie bags... last year it was a pocket guide, a nice big program, a little manga, some coupons for lollicups and stuff, a few advertisements, cool fanime bag... am i missing anything?

you missed something... the GIGANTIC HELPING OF FUN!!!

. . .

>.>
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

AthenaAngie

2010 will also be me and my sis' first time to go to Fanimecon and I was wondering about the same thing: event locations, schedules, near restaurants, etc~ But this helped~ x3 Hope we can see a little of everything, if not all of it~ ;o

Awesome! <3

M

Quote from: Elimeno on April 20, 2010, 01:24:53 PM
you missed something... the GIGANTIC HELPING OF FUN!!!
. . .
>.>
Some bags did have stuff that other bags didn't have. Stuff that we ran out of (no not advertisements).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Jelly Soup

Will we have to get the bags individually, or will group leaders be able to get one bag per card?

M

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 06, 2010, 10:04:40 PM
Will we have to get the bags individually, or will group leaders be able to get one bag per card?
One bag per card.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Dany

Quote from: Gwydion on April 19, 2010, 06:46:45 PM
Sometimes you can go to San Jose's city website and get a map of the downtown area/where all the restaurants are. Think that was the one used as map one year.

You mean this one :) ?

http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/eat/main.php

Got it from here:

http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/eat/main.php

2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

michiko nakano

hey moderators, would it be a copyright infringement to scan and post the map we got in our goodie bag booklets?  cuz i could do that, but if it's not allowed i won't.

ewu

I will request that the map be placed on the web site. we will see what the higherups think.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

michiko nakano

Quote from: ewu on May 07, 2010, 10:32:26 AM
I will request that the map be placed on the web site. we will see what the higherups think.
Thank you very much  :)

Jerry

not to step on anyone toes--- especially you higher ups [please dont hurt me Ewu, Tony & etc] >_<
but here's a link for the official floor plan of the SJ Convention Center: [found on the SJCC website]

http://sanjose.org/meetings/facilities/floorplans/conv_layout.jpg

Looking at the Map: some things are to know---
"Left   side of this map is known as Marriott hotel side"
"Right side of this map is known as Hilton hotel side"

Street Level [ aka 1st floor ]
Main entrance and Registration are is kinda given! Remember the registration hours are posted.

Exhibition Level [ aka 2nd foor AKA the Con Course ]
"Vista Point" ---> this is where Stage Zero will be
"Almaden Concourse" by Hitlon ---> this is where Maid Cafe will be!

That's all I can give out before I get myself into any more trouble for opening my big mouth.  :-\

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Jelly Soup

I don't see how you're going to get yourself in trouble. The map is free for anyone to look up and everything is pretty much in the same spot as last year and the year before that.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Last year at Fanime (Long Time Vet here) The Convention used pocket sized con event schedule books and also the Map of the Entire Layout of the Convention is there as well.  Since this idea was popular and also reduced waste due to its convenience of being pocket sized I have a feeling Fanime Con will go back to this Pocket Sized guide and will be included in all goodie bags that also has the program guide once you get you membership badge.

A week or two before the con there will be a link at the very front of the Fanime Main Website page showing the finalized Master Event Schedule so all you can do right now is wait.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Jerry

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 14, 2010, 06:07:18 PM
I don't see how you're going to get yourself in trouble. The map is free for anyone to look up and everything is pretty much in the same spot as last year and the year before that.

just remember that Rovers and super elite executive staff has special easter eggs all around the convention center...

like secret passage ways, hidden rooms and caves that lead to pirate treasure, but...

BOY THERE WAS ALOT OF BOOBY TRAPS!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D