Been a while from anime

Started by Crosses, February 03, 2004, 07:51:24 PM

Crosses

I been out of the Anime life for quite sometime... and i just watch onigai twins cause my brother .... I'm trying to come back to anime but i don't know how to start all over again.. whats some new good anime series that came out over the time? Whats some that are the MUST watch...IM GOING CRAZY TO WATCH SOME BUTT I DONT KNOW ANY NO MORE...can you guys help me out?
http://www.nt2099.com/cosplay/cos_fish.jpg
Crazy fans or just pervented freaks
Found link at cosplay underground

ChenCzen

im gonna recommend you check out full metal panic.

giant robots have begun to dominate the battlefield. These warrior mecha, called 'arm slaves', are years ahead of thier own time, because they are created by the minds of the 'whispered' who appear to be born having this knowledge a.k.a "black technology".

Kaname Chidori is one of these people. On the surface shes your typical schoolgirl. she becomes the target of a terrorist group's plot to further thier own 'black technology' program, and things get interesting.

Mythril, an independant mercenary group of do-gooders, takes it upon itself to protect her. They assign thier top arm-slave pilot and all around gman-at-arms, Sosuke Sagara, as her own personal bodyguard. He joins Kaname's class, gets an apartment across from hers, and invades her life.

Thats just the set-up. while there are a few serious episodes here and there, its mostly a love-comedy. Sagara has grown up in a war torn country and doesnt know anything about being an ordinary schoolboy. He plants mines around the school, blows up lockers, tackles teachers, has more guns in his backpack than most police armories, and generally embarasses himself at every chance he gets. Still, for all his faults Kaname developes an affection for him and his misguided attempts to fit in.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

KimaLucifer

Really depends on whether you like Mechas or not for some anime.

Me, I'm saying LOKI Ragnarok cause it's nice, besides a boring sequence that happens every 2 episodes or so.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

platinum edge

Some fairly recent ones that I've watched/am watching are:

Tsukihime (Moon Princess): A short 12 ep anime.  Action/Drama

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (The Eternity You Wish For):  Another short anime series (14 eps.).  I thought it was well done.  Very dramatic, but well done.  

Full Metal Alchemist:  Pretty intersting.  Action/Drama/Comedy(at times).  It's around ep 17 and it's beginning to get good.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

RyuHayabusa

I definately reccomend Tsukihime. That series was so good. ^__^ I loved it. Well, I'm almost done watching Onegai Twins and it is good as well. FMP and FMP Fumoffu? are really good as well, specially Fumoffu. I was laughing my ass off a lot during the series. Let's see, if you like Yuri. Maria-sama ga Mitteru, not anime, but since it's a reimagining of sorts, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Scrapped Princess, Chrno Crusade are definately reccomended. Macross Zero is another one.  :D Hope that helps somewhat
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

swordofthebezerk

Well all I have seen are titles that I've never seen so here are my recomendations, some are old but really good here goes:
Venus Wars
Project A-ko
Demon city Shinjuku
Ghost in the shell (duh)
Love Hina! (a must!)
Giant Robo
Akira
Wicked City
Pet shop of horrors
Ninja Scroll
and....every other title at your local video store except nurse nanako and final fantasy unlimited.

Updated Version

Crosses

thanks for sum reccomendings
any ova's come out recently?
most of the animes  you guys  say.. some aren't even in U S yet huh?
i like ones wit a very good story to it thats what i like most..
u guys have any like.. if u like anime this is a MUST watch?

swordofthebezerk

Well all of the ones I mentioned are in the U.S and have been here for awhile now. Umm I would say that everything on my list is on my must watch list...but of course you could always find the favorite anime thread that entails all of the favorites of the various members of the board for more titles and such.

Updated Version

platinum edge

There's "Read or Die"...I believe that's a fairly short OVA...

swordofthebezerk

But there is a series don't forget that.

Updated Version

platinum edge

True, there is a tv series and I believe it's licensed but not released in the US yet.  Also, isn't the OVA a complete story within itself?

swordofthebezerk

It sure is! I have every episode. Very good series.

Updated Version

Crosses

i seen read or die the movie... the series? is it pretty good? never heard of the series for it

platinum edge

There is a Read or Die tv series that recently aired (is airing?) on Japanese tv and had been licensed by Pioneer (now Geneon) at AX in 2003.  Should be out sometime later this year in the States.

StudioVICE

The OAV is only 2 or 3 eps long and it's pretty good.. I'm not such a good judge of anime anymore because I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.  Though, you have to consider that it's popular for a reason.
mmm... art.... Studio VICE  or Crappy Art

swordofthebezerk

Yeah its 3 incredibly well done action packed episodes of danger and suspense >_< (I love read or die!)

Updated Version

KinFreon

My recommendation to you, as well as any anime fan out there...

"His & Her Circumstances" aka "Kare Kano"

To sum it up, it's a shoujo-style teenage love story...from the sick, twisted, and brilliant minds who brought us "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "FLCL"! ^_^ Yep, this is somewhere between "My So-Called Life" and "Saved By The Bell", and really pushes Dawson into the creek...about how something as simple & beautiful yet complicated & troublesome as a high school romance can bring about dramatic change inside a two-faced girl who strived only for attention and praise and a golden boy who could do no wrong yet had a lot of deep-seated emotional issues.

And there are some leftover "Evangelion" trademarks in there as well. Real fanboys can spot 'em! ^_^

platinum edge

Quote from: "KinFreon""His & Her Circumstances" aka "Kare Kano"

To sum it up, it's a shoujo-style teenage love story...from the sick, twisted, and brilliant minds who brought us "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "FLCL"! ^_^

You forgot to mention "Ebichu"...now that is sick and twisted, not quite brilliant, but very sick and twisted (sick as in disgusting, not as in cool in the case of "Ebichu")...anyone who has seen it will know what I mean...

KinFreon

Quote from: "platinum edge"
Quote from: "KinFreon""His & Her Circumstances" aka "Kare Kano"

To sum it up, it's a shoujo-style teenage love story...from the sick, twisted, and brilliant minds who brought us "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "FLCL"! ^_^

You forgot to mention "Ebichu"...now that is sick and twisted, not quite brilliant, but very sick and twisted (sick as in disgusting, not as in cool in the case of "Ebichu")...anyone who has seen it will know what I mean...

Haven't seen it yet, so I can't really say. But I really, really, REALLY wanna see it! XD

Crosses

whats "Ebichu"? when you mean sick as in violent? with blood etc..or like man thats wrong and stuff..

His & Her Circumstances how long is that series?

OH SO MUCH TO WATCH!
i will catch up!