Is it okay to bring legal self-defense weapons?

Started by Sunny_Saladin, February 22, 2011, 12:10:58 AM

Sunny_Saladin

Is it okay to bring a stun-gun or a gun that shoots pepper spray(or just pepper spray)?

*it's not for a costume
*it's mainly for self-defense

c2chaos

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Sunny_Saladin on February 22, 2011, 12:10:58 AM
Is it okay to bring a stun-gun or a gun that shoots pepper spray(or just pepper spray)?

*it's not for a costume
*it's mainly for self-defense

This isn't official.

From what I remember, yes. If you're legal to carry it in the city of San Jose, you are legal to caarry it at the convention. On this however, rules are more strict about them out in the open. Like, although It is legal to carry a stungun, if you're waving it around, chances are rovers are going to stop you and request you to remove it and put it in your room, since it is kind of dangerous to wave it around.

I myself carry around a legal pocket knife pretty much anywhere I go. If you have it for self-defense purposes, there's pretty much no reason you wouldn't be able to carry it around. If you're using it as a prop and waving it around though, that is a different story.

Steve.Young

Pepper Spray is okay for self-defense purposes. A stun gun or taser however, we will ask that you leave that at home.

Thanks
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Sunny_Saladin

Kay.

I'm not planning on holding it in my hand. I just plan on keeping it in my pocket.

The stun gun I have doesn't shoot anything.  It only shocks things on contact.

My pepper spray item is shaped like a gun and I have a holster for it.  

One more question..

my pepper spray gun wouldn't fit in a pocket.  Can I walk around with it holstered to a waist belt?  It doesn't look like a real gun, but it looks more like a toy gun with the word "MACE" spelled out on the handle. 

ewu

I think at this point, this is very specialized to you and not something that the general public would benefit from.

Please email roversATfanimeDOTcom and reference the thread by using this link:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15549.0.html

Thanks
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom