ID Registration

Started by captainvontapdat, March 14, 2011, 10:37:35 PM

captainvontapdat

I just want to know about the situation regarding registration and the ID. My mom is ordering the pre-reg badge for me and I'm wondering if she has to be there in order to pick it up.

SpiritOfKairi

I'm guessing she put your name on the badge while paying with her PayPal account, in which case she doesn't need to be with you.  All the staff cares about is that the person who's name is on the badge (or is labeled as the group leader in the case of group registration) shows up with a government ID.

kookiekween99

Are both you and your mom going?
If both of you are going, is your mom group leader?
If it's just you, do you have a valid goverment ID?

Basically, whoever's group leader (the first person to sign up in a group or the individual of a single reg) has to pick it up. The person picking up the badge(s) must have a valid goverment-issued ID, such as a driver's license. School IDs don't count.

It doesn't matter who pays for it online so much as whose name is on the badge. If it's just you going, registration staff will only release your badge to you if it matches your ID. If your mom is going too and she's group leader, she shows her ID and reg staff releases both badges to her.

If your mom isn't buying a badge for herself and you're unable to get a valid ID in time, you might have to email [email protected] to see if something can be worked out. They're occassionally willing to make exceptions for special situations, but only on a case by case basis.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14