Elevator Stories

Started by Cosplay Circus, May 30, 2011, 08:12:29 PM

obliviousedward

On Saturday night, my friends and I dressed up and headed down to the con for the dance.  One friend was dressed as Rayman and the rest of us were Raving Rabbids.  (There were five of us total.)  On the entire elevator ride down we danced to whatever music was playing.  Only one other person got into the elevator with us (I think it was a hotel staff member, lol), but I think she was amused, if not a little weirded out. XD
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: obliviousedward on May 31, 2011, 06:58:42 PM
On Saturday night, my friends and I dressed up and headed down to the con for the dance.  One friend was dressed as Rayman and the rest of us were Raving Rabbids.  (There were five of us total.)  On the entire elevator ride down we danced to whatever music was playing.  Only one other person got into the elevator with us (I think it was a hotel staff member, lol), but I think she was amused, if not a little weirded out. XD

LOL that is amazing! I have to say whenever I passed by hotel staff they seemed more entertained than anything xD
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

obliviousedward

Quote from: Wolftale on May 31, 2011, 07:00:43 PM
LOL that is amazing! I have to say whenever I passed by hotel staff they seemed more entertained than anything xD

Haha, I know! XD  We had quite a few people at our hotel ask us how the con was going and if we were having fun.  All the hotel staff we ran into this year were very pleasant with us!  (Kudos to the Crowne Plaza. ;3)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Yuu

Sunday morning. Twelve people in the elevator all of whom had at least one bag and or suitcase. Some guy with a BIKE forces his way on after we tell him 'no'. I was already thinking " Really? Are you THAT fucking selfish that your going to risk breaking a THIRD elevator jsu tso you don;t have to wait? You have a bike, you aren't disabled or out of shape, take the bloody stairs!"

Just when I thought surely no one iwll be stupid enough to try and get in now. It was CRAMMED wall to wall. Someone else just tried to jump on without asking. I had to push him back and TELL him NO.

We are not lemmings.( Are we?) Let's do some math shall we?
No visible floor space = elevator full
Elevator full - waiting. No one likes waiting.
For everyone person who gets on elevator the higher the risk of elevator breaking.
If elevator breaks the wait time increases exponentially/
Wait time 5 mins > wait time 20 minute LINE. =/= rocket science.

" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

jacktchance

Monday, 16th floor, Fairmont.  The elevator was constantly packed every time we tried to make a trip down, so my friends and I decided to take it up to the 20th floor, then back down.  On the way down, everyone in the elevator noticed how we were stopping at every floor and had to remind each floor that the elevator was full.  Around floor 15 someone started a round of "99 bottles of beer" and soon the entire elevator joined in.  When we finally hit the lobby, everyone breathed a sigh of relief, cheered, and gave the guy who started the song a high five.

Necara

ok ok last one, but I remember not knowing what people were talking about because some rovers got on the elevator only to go up a floor. I thought someone pushed it just to dick with us so I yelled out I was gonna punch whoever did it in the taint. Then the rovers turned around and said they were staff and lazy and just kinda ran out. MY BAD.

Rhornez

Quote from: Necara on June 01, 2011, 05:16:37 PM
ok ok last one, but I remember not knowing what people were talking about because some rovers got on the elevator only to go up a floor. I thought someone pushed it just to dick with us so I yelled out I was gonna punch whoever did it in the taint. Then the rovers turned around and said they were staff and lazy and just kinda ran out. MY BAD.
XD

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

luckyrainbow

So my friend and I mainly did this just to see the reaction of people in the elevator and for some reason it ended up being more entertaining that we thought. But my group ended up staying at the Fairmont this year and lucky us we got the 14th floor. It wasn't until late Friday night that we realized that it was technically the 13th floor due to them not actually including that floor number. So from then on if there were more people in the elevator we would tell them floor 13 when they would press the buttons. Everytime they would look for it and their finger would hover between 12 and 14 for about 10 seconds before they realized we were screwing with them ^-^ so much fun to do.

heeroyuy135

Right after Music Fest, we got into the elevators at the Marriott and as we were going up I asked if anyone had just got back from Music Fest especially FLOW. Everyone responded with cheers and we sang a bit of "GO!!!" before we got off on our floor.

Melly

Quote from: otaku_duckie on May 31, 2011, 01:12:10 PM
my story not really epic but rather an annoyance, crowne plaza elevator. DUDE IF YOURE GONNA SMOKE POT DONT DO IT AT FANIME! FECKING ASS YOU MADE THE ELEVATOR REEK OF IT! D< AND I REMEMBER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE! IF I SEE YOU AT FANIME NEXT YEAR I MIGHT SMACK YOU >u>

oh god. the ONE time i went into the crowne plaza i smelt that too.