Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) Fanime Panel ** 2013 **

Started by CommandantCat, January 18, 2012, 04:53:07 PM

CommandantCat

I am really only going to need a maximum of 30 minutes for briefing before the panel. Before if anyone wishes, but I will be changing from another cosplay haha. (-le winks-) Jokes aside! I will do a quick briefing, we get to know each other, and our comfort levels for question answering and activities.

Please, I ask again. Suggest any ideas you think would be fun! I will have a working iPod jack, and can easily gather and songs if there are interesting ideas.

Q/A are obvious, as it is the title of the panel! But we can be as silly as we please (in character though or I will snap, in character, and lecture.... Actually we can have so much fun, just guidelines :D )

I will soon need an email from any confirmed panelists (I will send one out) just so I can maintain order. Otherwise my first panel that I happen to run could be horribly... MISMANAGED. -le gasps of horror-
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

sushie

*ahem* (terrible fake-British-accent) I think we should do some dancing~, dibs on Ciel!  :-*

*cough* On a more serious note, are we going to have seating arrangements? I'm a little OCD when it comes to things like these, I over plan almost everything... >.<

(Oh and I don't know if I posted yet but I can come [as Lizzy], CommandantCat) :)
Its a trap...!
2013 (more TBA)
Piko Utatane: Casuals
Rock Lee: Shippuden + Original
Lizzy (Kuroshitsuji)

koolcalcat1

Oh this will be so much fun! Man now I have to think of some ideas that could be fun! (I am for sure going to be there Will. )

CommandantCat

Once I have a finalized amount of those attending I will make sure to section us off accordingly. In the most canon fashion as well, no in character tiffs on my account!

And Sushie yes I have you written up already as our lovely young Elizabeth.

Ash, this will be lovely. I am exciteeeeed.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

koolcalcat1

But of course I'm exsited to, as long as I get to sit next to my lady, queen Victoria. I don't mind who eals I sit next to as long as it's not Sebastian.

CommandantCat

Oh you horrible thing it may just happen to be the reaper in charge >u> ohho-ohohohohohoho. We /will/ separate by household or affiliation. Characters like Pluto can choose Phantomhive or royalty to sit with.

We actually have a butler Grell and regular Grell, in best hopes I won't regret that choice! But they will be far separated, and expected to be in their canon roles, meaning, butler Grell can't be as ridiculous, and more suicidal. All of that.

It shouldn't cause a problem, if so, I'll sort it out... Like the dilemma with a Beast and Smile, sadly I haven't been able to catch up on the circus.. either way!

>u> ohohohoho.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

koolcalcat1

^oh I don't mind sitting next to you, it's the demon that I'm more afraid of...

CommandantCat

Actually our Sebastian is a sweet heart ~w~ As is our Ciel, Claude, Pluto, Grell, Queenm Lizzy, Finny Mei-rin, and other Grell!
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

koolcalcat1

Ok, well I haven't met is Sebastian yet...so I hope he's nice...

Firemage1000

Will a Madam Red be attending? If so then I can sit by her, otherwise I'll play true to the manga role and sit with the Phantomhive staff.

Butler Grell had a larger role in the anime so I'll base my actions off of that. Melancholy FTW!
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

heidipak

A briefing before the panel would be so helpful & smart! : )

"Meyrin/Meylene/Mayrin/whatever you prefer" will 100% be there!  Ordered her wig, and bought yards of white fabric to begin adjusting my Belarus dress.

More than anything, I'm a bit nervous of trying to tastefully replicate her adorable vocals--anyone have suggestions/video links to awesome "Meyrin/Meylene/Mayrin/whatever you prefer" cosplayers?

I'm going to be playing the audio from the Kuro anime & musical on repeat from now until Fanime. ;D
Fanime 2013

0 - Russell (Up)
1 - Azusa Nakano (K-On!!)
2 - Yukio Okumura (Blue Exorcist)
3 - Vriska Serket - God Tier (Homestuck)
4 - Nepeta Leijon (Homestuck)

Cosplay Circus

A meet up would be great~ I set the gathering I was running a bit earlier so I'll be able to jump and go change to be back in time.

Quote from: CommandantCat on March 21, 2012, 06:46:56 PM
Oh you horrible thing it may just happen to be the reaper in charge >u> ohho-ohohohohohoho. We /will/ separate by household or affiliation. Characters like Pluto can choose Phantomhive or royalty to sit with.

We actually have a butler Grell and regular Grell, in best hopes I won't regret that choice! But they will be far separated, and expected to be in their canon roles, meaning, butler Grell can't be as ridiculous, and more suicidal. All of that.

It shouldn't cause a problem, if so, I'll sort it out... Like the dilemma with a Beast and Smile, sadly I haven't been able to catch up on the circus.. either way!

>u> ohohohoho.

In that case if your wanting a more difference in personality between versions of characters forget about Smile, I don't think he's too different in personality enough to work. I can just make references to you, Sebastian and Ciel about the circus arc as long as everyone has read it (it's fairly short so even just brushing by it shouldn't be too bad).
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

CommandantCat

Firemage1000, I have yet to receive a Madame Red application, if we are lucky I suppose? Sitting with the Phantomhive's would be acceptable, as I will keep my reaper Grell under a closer supervision and all of that bother.
Hopefully no issue there, a little iffy on it haha.
Oh yes.

Indeed.

And Heidi, I have only really heard cosplay voice actors who I thought were close to a canon in well, Japanese. You could try to do the British dialect dub if you please, maybe less rough than she is haha. May be a lady, but my British can fool the ears if done right~! I'm so happy you can confirm 100%!

Wolftale, I know a bit here and there from my RP's a beast of two coming onto my William quite insistently, who was I to let a lady down >u> ehehehe

I think it would be quite fun if our Sebastian and Ciel played along! I think they would both have a good time with it.

References are a horribly fun thing to exploit
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: CommandantCat on March 21, 2012, 09:00:50 PM
Wolftale, I know a bit here and there from my RP's a beast of two coming onto my William quite insistently, who was I to let a lady down >u> ehehehe

I think it would be quite fun if our Sebastian and Ciel played along! I think they would both have a good time with it.

References are a horribly fun thing to exploit

Well it is terribly hard to resist a man in such a dashing suit as he was wearing in the circus arc, how could any Beast resist? ;)

Most definitely~ as long as Sebastian stays away... I prefer my leg left alone when in public... >n>
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

koolcalcat1

CommandantCat

All seating will be as best as I can my darling uvu, this humble party hard shinigami
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

SabienStrange

I look away for a moment, and suddenly the thread's full of life ~ !

@koolcalcat1:
No need to be frightened, I assure you I am quite harmless ~
...God, no, really, I'm like a small animal. I'm probably more terrified of you than you are of me.

@Wolftale:
I think Beast would be a wonderful addition to the panel, although I wish we had more Circus Arc folks for you to bounce inspiration off of.
And I will be sure to stay away from your legs in public, as I will most likely have my hands full with 8 of them. Pesky spider...

As far as speaking like the characters, I hadn't even considered that until now. D| I'm pretty sure my "British accent" is probably laughable, and right now the most I can manage is sounding like the uppity Prince of Derpingham. I guess I picked a nice time to marathon Doctor Who. Time to just... study the crap out of that...

Nezumi84

I can confirm for this completely. Still working on badgering my Alois however. Also I will say that as far as accents go, I may only use a very weak one if any at all. I have the fortune of being a first soprano and that makes speaking like a male quite difficult at times so in order to even sound remotely proper I need to speak a bit slowly and carefully, which kind of works for Claude regardless sense spiders are patient beasts the majority of the time. In any case I hope this won't be an issue. Also if no one else seems willing to sit by my dearest crow I certainly wouldn't mind invading his personal space, particularly if I end up being a single house hold representative.

CommandantCat

Accents aren't really something required, I am just a lover of the theater. So I see this as ACTING! Gwafauh!
Haha and it helps mask my feminine voice! Cross-playing is a dedication my friends!

I wish we were able to scrounge up some more Circus, otherwise our Beast may place near characters she would be familiar with from the storyline.

And as for my pair of demons here, I wouldn't hope for any mischief from you troublesome two, but of course our currently lone member of the Trancy household could do the shipping fans of the audience a grace and share each others sides, it would work most efficiently if the seating works the way I hope! Just sectioning everyone off can be a difficult task, goodness.

And I do intend to keep this thread full of life! It is a much more modivational happening rather than all bothering around in the dark about our lovely little panel.

This was mentioned in a message but not on the forum!

I think a few harmless skits or planned conversation on queue could be something rather entertaining! I will have music, so if it would help then? Either way. Te rest of the event would be a basic improv with guidelines, so do consider spicing it up! Either message me or post of clearance or to bounce ideas.

"And I will be sure to stay away from your legs in public, as I will most likely have my hands full with 8 of them. Pesky spider..." oooooooooh snap.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

koolcalcat1

@ SabienStrange: Sebastian, a terrified animal? Oh this will be fun. *smirk*

--
Oh and as for seating arrangements I promises to be on my best behavior with whomever I sit with.