Maybe
2 (28.6%)
NO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Kotuea

Updated and bumped!

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on March 30, 2013, 09:06:12 PM
Oh hi, checking in~ If I have the time, I'll stop by as Reimu but am usually found in the Gaming Hall. Last year we had a small Sky Arena that I hosted after the panel last year, and we are having a tournament this year on Saturday at 4pm for Sky Arena. We have even more PCs than before, so if we get a good turnout, you all might end up overrunning PC Gaming with your Touhou-ness.

Yes. We shall invade the Gaming Hall. Mwahahaha!

Anyway... Wait... The Sky Arena is at 4pm... On Saturday... Which is around the same time slot for the gathering.... TToTT Hopefully(Or not, depends on the others), the gathering is not on that time slot....

Gore Screaming Show

If Sky Arena was moved to 8PM that would make a great segway from the post gathering dinner. Hopefully the Dreamcast station is super close to the PC one again so I can introduce people to the wonders of Twinkle Star Sprites (also, Powerstones/Chu Chu Rocket/etc if they've never played before).

Kotuea

Bump up! *Throws thread back to the front

It would be nice if it was moved to a later time, but I don't think it's possible to move Sky Arena to a different time....

eBay Sniper

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but its seems like this Gathering needs some direction. And as the host for the Anime Expo Touhou Project Gathering, I'm willing to help out.

So, the idea is to have the Gathering, on Saturday, and head out to Dinner. But the original time of 4pm conflicts with the Sky Arena Tourney, which I'm sure a decent amount of Touhou Fans would be attending (and who would also like to come to the gathering). Here is my solution:

Keep the Sky Arena Tourney at 4pm, Saturday, and have the Touhou Gathering at 6pm. Giving the Tourney two hours. If the Tourney isn't expected to take two hours, we can pull it back to 5/5:30 pm (or whenever). However, I'll leave the placement to others who have been there (first year Fanime goer). Starting at 6pm will give us ample time for a full on shoot, but early enough to do an after dinner.

Also, I suggest we start finalizing at least the Gathering time and space ASAP. Don't be hesitant to the point in which the only time slot we have conflicts with all the other big named gatherings. No reason why this should be this disorganized with this close to the Con. Finalizing this will make others work around us, and not force us to work around others.

Any questions?

Also on DA as Scarlet-Impaler!

Gore Screaming Show

The impression I got was we were just waiting for our time to get confirmed (probably 4PM Saturday@park), but I do agree that no time is going to be perfect for everyone. Honestly out of the two events it seems alot more likely that Sky Arena tourney time can be bumped a bit forward than the converse, I doubt they'll be that many other PC game tournaments (also I recall those two set ups used last year for said tourney were basically all Touhou all the time anyway).

Fanime in general hasn't been very good with getting out information this year, but this is certainly not common pratice, and the con will still be top tier barring some huge screwups.

eBay Sniper

If thats the case then, lets submit it to the Gathering List thread! Lets not waste any time.

Gore Screaming Show

Quote from: Kotuea on March 19, 2013, 10:40:12 PM
Okay! I have sent the message to the person in charge!

I am trying to place the gathering a little bit earlier, so about from 3-4pm. Hopefully, the gathering will be outside, most likely off-site.

I also asked for other time slots just in case we can't get that one.

Thank you everyone for your input!

Hopefully confirmation will come by the end of next week.

eBay Sniper

Alright cool beans.

Now, have any of the dinner plans been set in stone yet? I'm sure a lot of the places in the immediate areas are going to be packed saturday night of the Con. Its best to seal some sort reservation. As fast as we can, as well. I'm sure other gatherings on Saturday have the same idea.

Gore Screaming Show

Nothing hard and fast, alot of people who are interested haven't even chimed in yet on food. I know the area quite well, and have several ideas avaible on suggestion. Pizza, Chinese, cheesesteaks, cheesecake, you name it. I'm trying to get as much non negative consensus as possible before choosing, so its going to have to wait for the con. Don't worry though, things will be busy but you'll have plenty of cool new Touhou buddies to keep you company while waiting/etc. Even if we ordered pizza from Pizza My Heart/D'Amici's/etc we'd still have to wait to see who would want what kinds.

eBay Sniper

True... But usually Pizza is a crowd pleaser.

I'm guess I'm just worried about it being a Saturday Night at a big Convention. Speaking from past experiences, I'd expect a lot of restaurants and such in the immediate area will be packed to the brim with con goers.

I'll take your word for it though. I got through high school by winging it on the spot and it just worked on my final exam for Intro to Business, so why not here, haha. 

Capn

From my experience, Pizza My Heart seems like a good place to go. It's never insanely crowded, since congoers spread out for food all over the place and the restaurant itself has a lot of seats available. Then again, if I'm wrong and it ends up super packed, we can always go to Hydration. We have plenty of options, and I'm sure people won't be picky about where we eat.

Gore Screaming Show

I have noticed that about PMH.

Still going to personally push for Hoagie's though, tons of wonderful sandwhiches/dem bacon cheesefries and while it will be pretty busy cheesesteaks only take so long to prepare. Give it a shot on Friday and you'll see what I mean.

Kotuea

Okay guys! We might have a time slot for either 3 pm or 3:30 pm at G6, which is the where the 60+ gatherings were. It's on a Saturday so woo!

Here's a map of where the gatherings are:
http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

Gore Screaming Show

Looks like where the 2010 gathering ended up moving to. Should work out just fine. I believe the double time spot just indicates we'll be using the space for about an hour, it should start at three and end before four in other words.

So the gathering, followed by the Sky Arena tourney, then finally post dinner/etc then is how we'll be rolling.

hexgirl6

Quote from: ScarletAssassinXer on January 19, 2013, 05:37:55 PM
This is that dude on skype that said he's mokou. O n O;;
anyone should be able to do who they want even if there is multiples i have this planned to ( Fujiwara no Mokou cosplay) not sure for what day though

DDRKirby(ISQ)

I'll try to come as the most popular, biggest superstar character of them all!!!!

(Lily White...)

GUESS WHAT GUYS IT'S SPRINGTIME! <3

Kotuea

Quote from: hexgirl6 on April 15, 2013, 04:30:15 PM
anyone should be able to do who they want even if there is multiples i have this planned to ( Fujiwara no Mokou cosplay) not sure for what day though

It's okay! It doesn't matter if there are multiple people cosplaying the same character!
I'll put you on the list just in case.

Quote from: DDRKirby(ISQ) on April 16, 2013, 11:11:03 PM
GUESS WHAT GUYS IT'S SPRINGTIME! <3

That image! MY EYES!!!

eBay Sniper

I second that. Especially since there wouldn't be large sized gatherings if everyone went as a different character and wasn't allowed to go otherwise.

Saturday, 3:30pm? Sounds good, I just need to find G6.

Gore Screaming Show

I'd show up at three, since I'm almost certainly postive we have the full hour and the reason it says we have both 3 and 3:30 is just how they list the times.

Capn

Quote from: Gore Screaming Show on April 18, 2013, 09:12:46 PM
I'd show up at three, since I'm almost certainly postive we have the full hour and the reason it says we have both 3 and 3:30 is just how they list the times.
Yeah. It looks like they give the whole hour for the larger gatherings, so it's safe to assume that everyone should be there at 3.