Panel on/for figure drawing?

Started by cesspooloflight, February 22, 2013, 11:41:38 PM

cesspooloflight

Hey there! I was thinking about hosting a panel or a session for figure drawing. For those who are not familiar with what figure drawing is, it is a session where artists get to practice drawing the human form. It is useful for those who want to learn to draw and those who already know how to. Since this is Fanime I was hoping to have models in cosplay. Now this is still an idea in the works and I am currently asking people from my university for more ideas and volunteers to be models. Any feedback on the idea would be great!

Half Alive Ice

Woah. If this happens, I would totally go... not every day I get to figure draw cosplayers.

Naiagu

This sounds like an awesome idea! I think you should have a variety of cosplays from a simple cosplay to a complex one. I would go over how clothing works. It looks easy but wrinkles and folds are not always drawn the way they are.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Lucifargundam

I'm in! How long a panel is this going to be?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

cesspooloflight

Oh Wow! Sorry, I thought this was going to be dead so I have not been checking in often. I guess if anything this will have to happen next year. If anyone is still interested to do this for next year message me or something.

Pineapple Pocky

you DO realize that you'd need models standing still for minutes to get a good figure drawing, right? A normal session is 30 second shorts, then one minute, two minute, five minute, ten minute, twenty minute increments. If you have a professional model, they cost. And if you want an amateur to do it, how long can they stand still and pose, and then move again, and pose, and etc? Where will you set up a studio with lighting, and will people bring easels or sketchbooks?

BUUUUT here's an interesting idea I did a while ago:
http://jackieloart.com/blog/cos-draw-drawing-cosplay/
I have been drawing cosplayers too, but using photos instead. However, it's not as great as a real person.