any one like HACK! just talk abou it :-)

Started by ranma12, July 21, 2004, 01:43:25 PM

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Ranma12"ok what are all the season of .hack called like i know .hack//sign and .hck//ledgen of the twillight but what else???

If you are only asking about the ANIME incarnations of .hack(in which calling it "season" would be correctly applied), there are only 2(SIGN and Legend of the Twilight Bracelet(aka: DUSK)) plus the LIMINALITY OVA which can be found in every volume of the .hack PS2 games.
Anyway, this should be the ORDER of .hack:
----- Novel/Book -----
.hack//AI BUSTER (TokyoPop may publish this book)
----- Anime -----
.hack//SIGN (tv anime: epi 1-25)
----- Novel/Book -----
.hack//ZERO (not yet released in english; 2 volumes)
----- PlayStation 2 Games -----
.hack//INFECTION(v1) + LIMINALITY v1
.hack//MUTATION(v2) + LIMINALITY v2
.hack//OUTBREAK(v3) + LIMINALITY v3
.hack//QUARANTINE(v4) + LIMINALITY v4
----- Anime -----
.hack//SIGN (epi 26-29)
.hack//DUSK (Legend of the Twilight Bracelet; epi 1-12)
----- Manga -----
.hack//DUSK (Legend of the Twilight Bracelet; 3 vol)

Notes:
.hack//INTEGRATION was a Japan-only disk that had all 4 OVA epi & SIGN's epi 26-28.

My Extra Thoughts: there's an odd sense that maybe there'll be a second season to SIGN... Maybe I've read it somewhere, maybe not. Those who are familiar with the series may know what I'm saying... 3 words: Sora got caught!

Chloe

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"
Quote from: "Ranma12"ok what are all the season of .hack called like i know .hack//sign and .hck//ledgen of the twillight but what else???

If you are only asking about the ANIME incarnations of .hack(in which calling it "season" would be correctly applied), there are only 2(SIGN and Legend of the Twilight Bracelet(aka: DUSK)) plus the LIMINALITY OVA which can be found in every volume of the .hack PS2 games.
Anyway, this should be the ORDER of .hack:
----- Novel/Book -----
.hack//AI BUSTER (TokyoPop may publish this book)
----- Anime -----
.hack//SIGN (tv anime: epi 1-25)
----- Novel/Book -----
.hack//ZERO (not yet released in english; 2 volumes)
----- PlayStation 2 Games -----
.hack//INFECTION(v1) + LIMINALITY v1
.hack//MUTATION(v2) + LIMINALITY v2
.hack//OUTBREAK(v3) + LIMINALITY v3
.hack//QUARANTINE(v4) + LIMINALITY v4
----- Anime -----
.hack//SIGN (epi 26-29)
.hack//DUSK (Legend of the Twilight Bracelet; epi 1-12)
----- Manga -----
.hack//DUSK (Legend of the Twilight Bracelet; 3 vol)

Notes:
.hack//INTEGRATION was a Japan-only disk that had all 4 OVA epi & SIGN's epi 26-28.

My Extra Thoughts: there's an odd sense that maybe there'll be a second season to SIGN... Maybe I've read it somewhere, maybe not. Those who are familiar with the series may know what I'm saying... 3 words: Sora got caught!

.Hack//INTEGRATION, AKA .Hack//UNISON, is it's own little series of the SIGN characters and GAME characters meeting each other and solving a mystery.

There MIGHT be a second season to .Hack//SIGN, but to your Sora case, Sora was data drained by Skieth in one of the last episodes. When data drained, you then become in that coma state like Mai Minase's boyfriend, Kasumi.  

.Hack// AI BUSTER  is before .Hack//DUSK.  It isn't necessarily before the others.  Also, it will NOT be published here in the USA.

Here is a descriptive timeline of it all:

End of the 20th Century:

The US Department of Defense developed the ARPANET, which became the basis of the global communication network we now know as the Internet. By 1999, almost everyone across the world had access.

Beginning of the 21st Century:

As the internet became popular, secret government information became harder to conceal and easier to obtain. The independent communist nations and the militant nations of Middle East attempts a series of political and social changes, five years after the beginning of the 21st century. Meanwhile, hackers continued to attack networks causing communication troubles and increasing the rate of cyber crime.  

The United Nations subsystem; the network council of the world, also known as the WNC was created. It was required for all the nations that use the internet to participate.  

The "WNC Winter Meeting" was held. It becomes a general meeting that reveals WNC limitations of power and effect.

A new virus called "Hello, WNC" affected the world globally. An e-mail software company, M Corporation, with a market share of 70%, becomes the primary victim of the virus. The damage the virus affects up to ten million users throughout the entire world.  

The "WNC Summer Meeting" was held, mainly discussing the "Hello, WNC" virus. Pointless theories arise from the public concerning the actual ability of the WNC, unable to deal with problems like this.  

"Deadly Flash", a new virus appeared. 7 names of deceased humans are revealed. First capital punishment was decided upon the Japanese youth who implemented the virus.  

The "WNC Spring Meeting" was held. The introduction of the "New Century HyperNet Plan" is proposed by Japan, Germany and Italy. However, the U.S.A. and China oppose the idea and thought it was a waste of time. In result, only the bill of "Investigation and Research of New Viruses", "Technical Security Development Aid" and "Strengthening Reinforced Penal Regulations of Net Crime" and others comes into effect by vote.  

The Swiss Bank's main computer was hacked, losing 10 trillion and more in Japanese yen. The terrorist organization was also known since the 20th century actively committing crime without being caught.

New York Stock Market prices repeatedly jumped. It was discovered that the stock exchange of Wall Street and the main computer of a major company were hacked, after the criminal announced their crime. The criminal has yet to be arrested.  

2005 spring ~ fall

The outbreak of cyber crime countinued on. "Security Development Support" and "Internet Crime Eradication" slogans promoted by WNC begin to lose its effect on the general public.  

"The Pluto Kiss" incident occurs.
On December 24th, the entire internet stopped functioning. Simultaneously, all networked computers and communcation control systems crashed, causing great panic and confusion. The network was able to recover 77 minutes later. The automatic retaliatory system of the United States began to operate erroneously and was moving to a point of crisis. The virus creator was a mere 10-year-old elementary school student.

The United States of America's 44th president Jim Stonecold took the responsibility of the "Pluto Kiss" upon himself and resigned from office. The "WNC Winter Meeting" was held. In the year 2004, when the "New Century Cybernet Structure" re-surfaced to the public, they introduced the "ALTIMIT" OS. It was able to escape the damages done by the "Pluto Kiss". Thus, became the world's most commonly used operating system.

2006 Summer

The duty of working on the "ALTIMIT" OS was to show individual accomplishment. However, because of this, the central development staff of ALTIMIT resigned their job. CyberConnect Corporation (CC Corporation) takes over. They became the foundation of "The World". Harold Hewick, a German, which he claimed himself to be, sold "The Fragment" to CC Corp.  

The ALTIMIT OS continued on into the next generation Network Systems as it spread across the world. The ALTIMIT Corporation (head office in San Francisco) established 12 overseas affiliation firms globally.  

ALTIMIT's corresponding network game "Fragment" began test play. "Pluto Kiss" caused the placement of a restriction on Networked Entertainment. However within a devastating state for entertainment market revival, the WNC removes the restrictions placed on it.  

"The Fragment" became the most popular topic within conversations between network game users. As for the prototype of "The Fragment" viewed by the public, rumors spread by a semi-maniac claim for the existence of "The Twilight Tombstone". The CC Corporation attends an International Securities Market Stock Presentation.  

By October 31st, WNC announced that all of the world's computers switched to ALTIMIT OS. At the same time, all restrictions regarding network use on the morning of December 24th 0 o'clock be removed, as formally announced in the past (The Network Peace Declaration). The United Nations named "The Mother Mary's Kiss" an international holiday on that day. On the same day, in a press conference, the CC Corporation announced the release of "The Fragment" in a big RPG "The World". The date of the release to the public was to be simultaneously on the same day at the same time.  

beginning of the month "The World" pre-orders were accepted. Within the start of the first hour, more than 100 ten thousand orders were received. The CC Corporation total sales, in stock, exceeded the ALTIMIT Corporation expectations.  

2007.11 end of the month

"The World" discountinuance sales rumor began to spread. CC Corporation denied the rumor.  

"The Mother Mary's Kiss" finally arrived. Alex Coleman, the president directing the worlds' "Network Security Declaration" was informed of the start of "The World" download sale.  

200X

The character, Tsukasa registered to "The World" (TV Animation Edition).  

200X

Aura begins her awakening... (TV Animation Edition & Game Edition).  

2001X

Kite was invited by Orca and logs into "The World". (Game Edition).  

2001X

Rena is presented the ".hackers official limited edition character" through an election. (Comic Edition).  

All of this information should prove useful to those concerned about the timeline.  NOTE: All information found here was maintained and compiled by Mahoro for the purpose of promoting the "Project Dot Hack".
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Chloe".Hack//INTEGRATION, AKA .Hack//UNISON, is it's own little series of the SIGN characters and GAME characters meeting each other and solving a mystery.

There MIGHT be a second season to .Hack//SIGN, but to your Sora case, Sora was data drained by Skieth in one of the last episodes. When data drained, you then become in that coma state like Mai Minase's boyfriend, Kasumi.

.Hack// AI BUSTER is before .Hack//DUSK. It isn't necessarily before the others. Also, it will NOT be published here in the USA.

...um... *ahem* I did a search for .hack//INTEGRATION, and I found that it IS indeed what I said it was... ^^;; (it includes UNISON)

...Tsukasa was in a coma, Komiyan III was data drained... they're both ok in the end... no reason why Sora shouldn't be... (btw: I am waiting until I finish INFECTION before I watch the OVA of Mai Minase)

...and AI BUSTER IS about how Orca gave the wings he won to Balmung and it DOES happen before everything else... (I did a search for it too and that's how I got that information) iDotHack (a general summary of the book) AND .hack//AI BUSTER summary (summary of individual chapters; not completed)

Except for the middle topic, I got information on the other two topics (also) in here

And about that Gardenia problem, read the last Note(s) in tvtome

Other useful links are:
this (take the time and read the posts!)
SleepIsForTheWeak
The Helba Gate

I hope this helps all.

Bliss & Goodbye

W-w-w-what?! When was there so many Dot Hacks out there? Are they simply passing me buy without notice? I mean I played all the games checked on the official card site for months on end ( until I quit) and now I hear all this dot hack info...makes me wanna go back...kinda hurl too. Besides that though it also makes me hope that there will be another Dot Hack game where you have a keyboard and/or Microhphone with a complex a.i. where you an talk to your npc's and party members. Wouldn't that be nice?.... Or we could simply make the actual anime into a real online game. I'm sure that dish out huge dollars! What are you waiting for Bandai!
Things to do when bored:
Games
Anime
Be bored.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Bliss & Goodbye"W-w-w-what?! When was there so many Dot Hacks out there? Are they simply passing me buy without notice? I mean I played all the games checked on the official card site for months on end ( until I quit) and now I hear all this dot hack info...

^_^ Well, if one was keeping an eye out for ANY .hack news, they'd find it. As for the card game by Decipher, .hack//ENEMY, though it does have the characters from the games, it doesn't actually fit in with any of the story lines. And if you played the games, that's great! I'm JUST NOW starting to buy them, but I can't seem to find volumes 2-4. :\  (one can say .hack is my obsession XD )

Ska_Kitti

^_^ OOu, I just saw this thread.

I've been keeping up with .hack//STUFF for awhile now. I'm trying to get the games, but I've kept an avid watch over the TCG which plays very well. My husband and I have been playing it for a year.

As for the anime, I've been all of .hack//SIGN including Unison and have the OAVs. *_* Ahh... the music is lovely. my sweetums has all the OAV music.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Mordyan

Yes, the music is awesome. I got all the music CDs from the series. Yuki Kajiura is fantasic. Though I have to say I like the the music from .hack//SIGN more than the .hack//Legend of the Twilight.

Ska_Kitti

I went to Suncoast and found the .hack//SIGN soundtrack for $17. I love it so much XD. I happened to have listened to it on my way to work today.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

ranma12

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"I went to Suncoast and found the .hack//SIGN soundtrack for $17. I love it so much XD. I happened to have listened to it on my way to work today.
oo i just loved that cd i borrowed it for like only a week but it was a great cd i cat wait to buy it for my self ^_^ :D

Mordyan

Have you guys heard the second .hack//Sign CD? It really cool as well. It has one of my favorite songs on it from the series: In The Land Of The Twilight, Under The Moon.

Lets see there are 6 .hack music CD's:

.hack//Sign OST1
.hack//Sign OST2
.hack//Liminality OST Plus
.hack//Extra Soundtracks  
.hack//Legend of Twilight  
.hack//Game Music Collection

The only one I don't have is the game music collection. Hmmm... I forgot about that one. I will have to see about getting it now.

ranma12

Quote from: "Mordyan"Have you guys heard the second .hack//Sign CD? It really cool as well. It has one of my favorite songs on it from the series: In The Land Of The Twilight, Under The Moon.

Lets see there are 6 .hack music CD's:

.hack//Sign OST1
.hack//Sign OST2
.hack//Liminality OST Plus
.hack//Extra Soundtracks  
.hack//Legend of Twilight  
.hack//Game Music Collection

The only one I don't have is the game music collection. Hmmm... I forgot about that one. I will have to see about getting it now.

i agree In The Land Of The Twilight, Under The Moon that is the best song and i didn't know there where that many cd's WOW

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"I've been keeping up with .hack//STUFF for awhile now. I'm trying to get the games, but I've kept an avid watch over the TCG which plays very well. My husband and I have been playing it for a year.

Yay! Another .hack fan! Which game volumes do you have so far? They're getting scarce, aren't they? I was lucky enough just to find vol.1! And as for the TCG, I looked at the "starter" deck lists of CONTAGION and saw that it was the only way to get the main character PC cards without depending on chance if I were to buy the boosters. Say, do you happen to have the .hack//ENEMY: GIFT set?

Quote from: "Mordyan"Yes, the music is awesome. I got all the music CDs from the series. Yuki Kajiura is fantasic. Though I have to say I like the the music from .hack//SIGN more than the .hack//Legend of the Twilight.

Say, I'm sure you've seen Yuki Kajiura's Fiction CD, ne? If you've heard it all the way through, do you think it'd be a good addition to the .hack CD library? (though I'm guessing it wouldn't really count as a .hack CD)(on a similar side note: do you know of any Yoko Kanno CD released in the US? See, Fiction is not "based" on just one anime.)

I've seen quite a few copies of the game music at the Great Mall's Media Play. $13.99 each and they can be found in the Soundtracks section under Anime(begining of section). I haven't gotten one myself yet, so if you all decide to buy one, save one for me! ^_^;; And I was more hoping to get OST 1 with that vol.1 Limited Edition box thing, so I still haven't gotten #1 yet, either.

Question: Which issue of NTUSA do the character designs of either .hack series(SIGN or DUSK) appear in? I want to base my possible "cosplay" costume on them. Thanks for any info.

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"Yay! Another .hack fan! Which game volumes do you have so far? They're getting scarce, aren't they? I was lucky enough just to find vol.1! And as for the TCG, I looked at the "starter" deck lists of CONTAGION and saw that it was the only way to get the main character PC cards without depending on chance if I were to buy the boosters. Say, do you happen to have the .hack//ENEMY: GIFT set?

:D If you look on the bbs on the official .hack//ENEMY site, I'm an avid player. My sn is "Atma_Wpn" over there. My husband on the bbs is "Jehuty", so stop on by for cards and such. ^_^ We have the GIFT promos too.

As far as anime-wise, my husband and I don't have alot of the series as we only have the first volume of .hack//DUSK.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Anime Freak

-walks in- Hello everyone.....hack is soo kool! lol  :)
I absolutely LOVE anime! It rocks!

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Rephrased Question: In what issue ANYWHERE can you find character designs for ANY .hack series/characters?

Ska_Kitti: Do you mean stop on by the .hack forums or do you and your husband own a store I can stop by at? ^_^ And I asked about the GIFT set, 'cuz I bought it a while ago, and I found some "extra" rare cards... a double of Sora's card and within one of the boosters, a holo/foil of A20!  ...I wanted to ask anybody else who has bought a copy, what special cards they found in theirs.

Anime Freak: Well, hello there too. Something I always try to do is to read all past posts, so that discussion topics won't repeat themselves. ^_^ Always keep moving foward.

Ska_Kitti

Stop by the .hack//ENEMY forum. My husband deals with trading and selling of .hack//Cards of the sort under the name Jehuty. That's be cool if we could own a store, lol.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Mordyan

Quote from: "ZJCitrusGraffiti"
Say, I'm sure you've seen Yuki Kajiura's Fiction CD, ne? If you've heard it all the way through, do you think it'd be a good addition to the .hack CD library? (though I'm guessing it wouldn't really count as a .hack CD)(on a similar side note: do you know of any Yoko Kanno CD released in the US? See, Fiction is not "based" on just one anime.)

I've seen quite a few copies of the game music at the Great Mall's Media Play. $13.99 each and they can be found in the Soundtracks section under Anime(begining of section). I haven't gotten one myself yet, so if you all decide to buy one, save one for me! ^_^;; And I was more hoping to get OST 1 with that vol.1 Limited Edition box thing, so I still haven't gotten #1 yet, either.

Question: Which issue of NTUSA do the character designs of either .hack series(SIGN or DUSK) appear in? I want to base my possible "cosplay" costume on them. Thanks for any info.

I have seen the Fiction CD but have not heard it. I would buy just because I like her music stylings.

Any luck on finding the Limited edition box for #1? I got mine a couple months after they had sold out of them and paid like $90.00 and but I have seen it go for more than that.

I have a NTUSA issue with Black Rose on the cover. I will see which issue number it is. I don't remember for sure if it is the one with the character designs though.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Quote from: "Mordyan"I have seen the Fiction CD but have not heard it. I would buy just because I like her music stylings.

Any luck on finding the Limited edition box for #1? I got mine a couple months after they had sold out of them and paid like $90.00 and but I have seen it go for more than that.

I have a NTUSA issue with Black Rose on the cover. I will see which issue number it is. I don't remember for sure if it is the one with the character designs though.

In one of my web "surfings", I came across a site that had :30sec samples of all of Fiction's tracks. ...But after hearing them, I'm still indecisive.

YEAH!!! I found a site that still offers it! ...or so I hope. Most store sites I see don't describe their items well enough to know EXACTLY what it is. But with a price tag of $200 and a picture to go with it, it more than convinces me that LE vol.1 (w/STUFF!!) is still available.

I also have the Black Rose issue. Now I'm looking for the DUSK issue(Shugo and Rena). I've read issue contents for most NTUSA volumes, but nothing about char. designs for .hack so far. (i stopped at Jan 2005) But so far, the most useful/promising magazine i have CLOSE to a char. des. is one of Protoculture Addicts. ....hmm, I hope NTUSA has those designs in either Feb or March. Thanks for the info.

Tuplica

Ah, yes, I'm very fond of .hack.  I haven't even touched the games as of yet, but I watched the entirety of .hack//sign and .hack//twilight bracelet...  I thought twilight bracelet was kind of cute, and amusing, though I would've liked it if more of the chars from Sign had interacted with them/returned... All in all, though, I reallyreallyreally enjoyed .hack//sign and absolutely adore the music.  I nearly died when Ramen and Rice were performing some of the songs from it last year.  So gorgeous!
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

ZJCitrusGraffiti

Hello all! Just wanted to stop by and post another neat link I found...

A fan has took it upon his/her-self to post the...

[*SPOILERS*: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!]

.hack//Another Birth translation

Hope you like it. (I, myself, have not read it yet. Nor do I plan to. It would spoil me)
Later.