Here is a list of the ARCADE Games for FanimeCon

Started by PassingTheBuck, March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

The ACRADE games listed, rate the WHOLE list on a scale of one (hate them) to five (love them):

One (This is the worst selection possible):
0 (0%)
Two (This selection is only barely worth my time):
2 (5.6%)
Three (Only half of this selection is worth playing):
8 (22.2%)
Four (The majority of this selection is worth playing):
19 (52.8%)
Five (I don't know where to begin playing!!!):
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

otakuapprentice

just curious, but are the games that are listed on the first page the final list of what there is going to be, or is there going to be a change of what is going to be available?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

OCEguy

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"just curious, but are the games that are listed on the first page the final list of what there is going to be, or is there going to be a change of what is going to be available?

There may be a few changes but that's pretty much what you can expect.

deepbluevibes

alice

4 because there is kof XI and a nice array of other popular fighting games. I really wish you could get melty blood act cadenza and hokuto no ken though :). But that's wishful thinking.

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "alice"4 because there is kof XI and a nice array of other popular fighting games. I really wish you could get melty blood act cadenza and hokuto no ken though :). But that's wishful thinking.

I could never understand how Melty Blood became so popular, I always thought it was way too simplistic a fighter but maybe for that reason it became so popular. Heres looking forward to some good gaming this year while at con.

deepbluevibes

OCEguy

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

DMV and GFV are for sure, unless they fall off the truck or something. Knock on wood.

Metal Slug 5 will be MS 6 instead.   Stuff like that.

Also, it looks like DDR SuperNova will NOT be out by next week.  They are supposed to go into production the first week of June.

deepbluevibes

OCEguy

I just want to point out that this is not an issue of just us not being able to find one.  NOBODY will have SuperNova until June if not later. (the one exception being the test piece that's somewhere out there... Chicago I believe)

otakuapprentice

will there still be a DDR machine though(anything would be good)?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

OCEguy

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"will there still be a DDR machine though(anything would be good)?

Of course... we will still have 2 machines there.

deepbluevibes

alice

Seconded. Melty blood is far from simple, though I agree it looks a bit simple. Each different ftg takes on a different style which will produce a different gameplay requiring different tactics for optimum effect. melty blood might not have quite as many options, and a buttery combo system, but it's more than a game of rock paper sissors. You should try out the PC version yourself. If you ask me, it's one of the more fun single player fighting games. probably wasted more time on it than I did with garou.

the_Pink_Panther24

Im really happy about XX:Slash. sooooooooo happy.
gonna get good with A.B.A in ONE weekend.

FiliKlepto

Quote from: "OCEguy"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"just curious, but are the games that are listed on the first page the final list of what there is going to be, or is there going to be a change of what is going to be available?

There may be a few changes but that's pretty much what you can expect.

Thanks for signing up for the board, OCEguy.  :3  I was wondering, can we expect to see DanceManiaX at Fanime?  That's the one thing not on the proposed list that I would love to see confirmed for the con.
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: alice

Seconded. Melty blood is far from simple, though I agree it looks a bit simple. Each different ftg takes on a different style which will produce a different gameplay requiring different tactics for optimum effect. melty blood might not have quite as many options, and a buttery combo system, but it's more than a game of rock paper sissors. You should try out the PC version yourself. If you ask me, it's one of the more fun single player fighting games. probably wasted more time on it than I did with garou.

Unfortunately in this case, I would prefer Garou:MOTW over Melty Blood but to each his own.

Tsubasa

SCIII: AE is basically out at this point.  So expect to only really see me on KoFXI.

Quote from: YoureMyHiro
Quote from: alice

Unfortunately in this case, I would prefer Garou:MOTW over Melty Blood but to each his own.
I play Melty Blood a fair amount, but even I have to admit that it is indeed something of a simplistic fighter.  You can devote a lot to it to play at the advanced level, but truth be told, your time is probably better spent on the above mentioned MotW.  Which isn't to say that MB isn't a bad fighter.  I do find it pretty fun to play.  It's just not the deepest thing ever.  If I want to bust out a deep doujin fighter, I'll load up Eternal Fighter Zero.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

deepbluevibes

Tsubasa

I resent that statement because I abhor the MvC series.  I would say Melty = GG.  To reinforce that, the MB system even incorporates some very GG-esque elements.  It lacks the ever important RC system though.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

deepbluevibes