Super Smash Bros Melee Tournament in lobby like last year

Started by Asa_Gohan, April 20, 2006, 03:36:14 PM

Asa_Gohan

Okay here are the basic rules.  If possible we can do this
First off is 1v1 matches
Rules

-> All sets are best of 3, with finals as best out of 5.
-> 4 stock/8 minute limit
-> Ties broken by lives/percentage
-> Items off
-> Advanced Slob Picks (loser of first match announces counterpick stage, THEN winner may choose to change character, THEN loser may choose to change character.)

Stages:

-> You may suggest one of the 6 neutral stages to begin the first match as long as your opponent agrees. Otherwise choose random for first match.
-> Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
-> Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
-> Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island and Termina

Other:

-> Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
-> Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-> Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
-> You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
Second we can split the SSBM players into two teams and have ourselves an old fashioned crew battle.
Rules
->Life total of the team is equal to the number of members X4
->After each match you SD until you have the number of lives that you had from your last match.
->You may only play when its your turn and till you run out of lives
->First team to bring the other team to 0 wins
Well basically if you watch this crew battle between the midwest and the west you will kinda get what you have to do for a crew battle
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8952345713770176022&q=FC3

Also in addition we can also have team battles.
Rules
2v2 Matches
Double Elimination, Best 2 of 3 Matches
Stock Lives = 4
Time Limit set to 8 Minutes
Items set to OFF
Friendly Fire ON

Bracket Ranking
Ranking will be RANDOM drawing
Anyways hope this is good enough =3 I will probably need some tvs and gamecubes since Ill only have the ability to provide one tv and one cube since Im lazy =3 anyways if I do hold this I hope that you will be able to attend. Its in the lobby of course and...yeah thats about it =3

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

FanFicGuru

I'm down...

I'll bring my cube and smash bros game and controllers.

No TV though. >_< If someone else can bring a TV than cool.

I play with Capt. Falcon. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Asa_Gohan

Thats good. I can only bring one Tv but hey its always good to watch a match.  Now I just need more people.

xVici0usx

Kool ok how about a time n such im in for sure! maybe we can have a SMB gathering or something and use someones room to play! woot

Asa_Gohan

well we can just do so before and after the tourney or in teh game room for that matter

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'll join in your little gang or whateva....

Btw wassup Fanfic-san?^^

xVici0usx

lol we're a gang? sweet....Yo (throws up some gang sighn)

FanFicGuru

Not much reirei. ^_^

Sounds cool, I gotta get back to practicin with 3 level 9 Ice Climbers. lawl.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

xVici0usx

Asa_Gohan

I was thinking saturday.  But when I get the stuff set up will probably be at night.  Then I wont hold the tourney but a warm up session.  1v1 3 stock loser leaves winner stays till everyone or some is warmed up then well you know. Besides there are going to be more people I assure you of that.  Some of the smashers havent showed themselves in this forum so I suspect there is going to be a lot lot more then just us 4

Asa_Gohan

I gots a suprise for you smashers out there who go on smashboards.com and are just plain pro >.< Oh and btw where can I get a table so I can set this stuff up?

Simna

Asa_Gohan

Simna? Wait the same Simna that owns with Ness? If so...Awesome...and cya most likely at biweekly O.O

~The Pink / RPK~
EDIT:
BTW Depending on how many people enter there might be round robin to bring it down to 16 people

Simna

Asa_Gohan

Simna

lying is an art form

Sure sure I'll play. As will a bunch of my friends who are like better than me at the moment -.-
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

AmazingKenchan

Melee is so yesterday, it's all about Brawl now ;D
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Asa_Gohan

Okay this is to all the non-Advanced Smasers in this forum. Watch these videos and learn from them

Advanced How to play 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE
Advanced How to play 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E
Advanced How to play 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM
@Simna
Your ness is god... teach me how to play lol. But yeah if even possible..please teach me how to play...I cant even get past pools in tournamentsT_T

AmazingKenchan

I haven't watched those yet, but from personal experience the best way to get good is play with someone good.  I just picked this up again, I'll so bring some serious comp. to the game :3
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head