AQUA, ARIA (The ANIMATION, The NATURAL, The OVA~Arietta, The ORIGINATION)

Started by mDuo13, October 21, 2006, 01:07:05 AM

mDuo13

I know a few other people here are watching ARIA - reveal yourselves! How far are you? I haven't picked up the manga yet, but I've seen all of ANIMATION and the first dozen eps of NATURAL... it's such a relaxing show, sometimes it's too boring for me to watch, but at the same time, it always makes me happy when I do watch it. I just love Akari's carefree, sentimental attitude, to the point where I feel indignant every time Aika says, "hazukashi serifu kinshi!"

Does anyone else feel like the animation quality went down just a tiny bit for NATURAL, compared to ANIMATION? I'm trying to decide if it's just my imagination.

Oh, and here's a nice wallpaper I picked up from Minitokyo.

LastElixir

Quote from: "mDuo13"I know a few other people here are watching ARIA - reveal yourselves! How far are you? I haven't picked up the manga yet, but I've seen all of ANIMATION and the first dozen eps of NATURAL... it's such a relaxing show, sometimes it's too boring for me to watch, but at the same time, it always makes me happy when I do watch it. I just love Arika's carefree, sentimental attitude, to the point where I feel indignant every time Aika says, "hazukashi serifu kinshi!"

Does anyone else feel like the animation quality went down just a tiny bit for NATURAL, compared to ANIMATION? I'm trying to decide if it's just my imagination.

Oh, and here's a nice wallpaper I picked up from Minitokyo.

yeap, one of the best series ever and is definately one of my all time favorites. Orange Planet for life.

I could write for pages on how great this series is, but I rather not even start atm. I highly recommend the series if you like relaxing paced stories.

and yes, the quality did degrade a bit from animation to natural. The overall artwork shows less detail, and as some people stated, the character's detail on facial expressions are more in question in Natural. Also I think the stories overall quality degraded a bit as well, since Natural is simply the same stuff that Animation had, just more if it (and it's great for fans but I don't know for the mainstream crowd).

j

Tsubasa

Totally another ARIA fan here too.  Alice and Alicia <3.

I started on the series in the form of ADV's release of the first three tankouban.  When the anime series was released, I picked that up too.  Personally, I think I enjoy the manga just a little bit more because of the art, but the anime covers all the bases it really should and it has an amazing score.  IMO, Alice is also more moe in the anime series.

I always tell people that the reason why I like the series is cause it's so relaxing and it makes you feel all warm and happy all over.  I think that's a pretty good way to put it.

I'm through all of ANIMATION and maybe 10ish episodes of NATURAL.  I should really catch up to the most recent fansubs, which I believe go to episode 15 or so.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Currently on episode 2 1/2 -- 1/2 because I ditched halfway through to acquire the soundtrack. O:)

I need more.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

I really want the soundtrack to ANIMATION - the one from NATURAL isn't quite up to par there either. The ending theme from the first series was just so awesome.

Personally, I like ARIA Company a lot more than Orange Planet. They seem a lot more personal, friendly, etc... but a lot of that is just my bias towards Arika and Alicia.

I think my favorite episode was either #4 or #5 of ANIMATION. Looking back at those episodes, Akari is a lot cuter in ANIMATION compared to NATURAL - her face is kind of fatter in the second series.

Oh, and does it bother anyone else just how freaking ugly ARIA-shachou is? If he looked a little more like the rest of the cats in the series, I would probably be able to enjoy his episodes and antics a lot more... as it is, I'm like, "THAT'S NOT A CAT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

P.S. does anyone else find it funny that Hime-shachou made it into Saemoe 2006? I wonder if that's some sort of "A Cat Is Fine Too" joke...

Tsubasa

That's Akari. ^^;

Yeah, I have to say that ARIA Company is my favorite company too.  Obviously the employees (all two of them XD; ) are likable and they also have the best uniform. <3  Orange Planet comes in second.

Dude, don't diss Aria-shachou.  He's awesome.  Weird, but awesome.  I have a cell-phone strap of him. =P

Maa-shachou made it into Saimoe this year too.  Totally beat Eureka from Eureka Seven. XD;  Not Yuzuha from Utawarerumono though.
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Quote from: "Tsubasa"That's Akari. ^^;
D'oh! I keep making that mistake. Stupid names...
*edits earlier posts*

I feel like an idiot now.

LastElixir

Quote from: "mDuo13"I really want the soundtrack to ANIMATION - the one from NATURAL isn't quite up to par there either. The ending theme from the first series was just so awesome.

Personally, I like ARIA Company a lot more than Orange Planet. They seem a lot more personal, friendly, etc... but a lot of that is just my bias towards Arika and Alicia.

I think my favorite episode was either #4 or #5 of ANIMATION. Looking back at those episodes, Akari is a lot cuter in ANIMATION compared to NATURAL - her face is kind of fatter in the second series.

Oh, and does it bother anyone else just how freaking ugly ARIA-shachou is? If he looked a little more like the rest of the cats in the series, I would probably be able to enjoy his episodes and antics a lot more... as it is, I'm like, "THAT'S NOT A CAT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

P.S. does anyone else find it funny that Hime-shachou made it into Saemoe 2006? I wonder if that's some sort of "A Cat Is Fine Too" joke...

I won't lie, sometimes I can't stand aria shachou, he's ALWAYS there, and always will be, so you have to deal with it. But at times, enough is enough. but that's me. We all know Amano has a thing for cats. Probably the episode dedicated to him in animation (ep 7 i believe) and the one in natural are one of my least favorite episodes. On a side note, aria-shachou is a HUGE cat, hes like what? 20-30lbs? and Akari carries him around like hes nothing. Akari must have super strength.

I dunno, Akari used to be my favorite, but overtime, Alice was just too adorable to pass up on. And Atena is just so mysterious, underappreciated and beautiful, yet clumsy, making her one of my favorites as well.

My most favorite episodes are probably 3 and 6 (alice and atena introductions woot) and 11 because of the flashbacks.

As for natural, they are all above average but nothing mind blowing. But episode 3 of natural is definately awesome.

And yes, everyone's face (especially aika, akari and alicia)'s faces are a little fatter in natural, and I don't appreciate that. Someone stated that they sometimes look like raccoons and I have to agree.

j

Spiritsnare

I always thought Aria-shachou to be something of an alien-cat (because it is sci-fi, right?), so I've never, ever had any problems with him.

I actually tend to think he's cute. ^^;
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I always thought Aria-shachou to be something of an alien-cat (because it is sci-fi, right?), so I've never, ever had any problems with him.

Even with that in mind, I can't stand him. He's just so fat and ugly. And yes, Akari must have incredible strength to pull that off. I do like the mysterious Cat World and all that, though.

BTW, do you guys follow CrystalNova or Hikari no Kiseki? I remember HnK's subs of Pita Ten were kind of subpar, so I've been watching CrystalNova's instead, and so far they've been pretty solid, though they are a few episodes behind.

I kind of wonder if I would enjoy the manga. Normally I'm manga-impaired, especially when it comes to action series, but since ARIA is anything but, I might enjoy it - I love the OMG manga, after all...

pockystix

Mmm, ARIA~ Both sountracks are definately my most play OSTs on my playlist. I can play a few songs on the piano too.

I bought all the licensed manga (which is only 1-3... damn ADV's discontinuation), which I definately recommend getting. I watched all of the Animation, currently following HnK with Natural [they finally got their releases back on schedual!] I really want to cosplay an Undine someday, but I just don't know who...

I really love all the characters, it's hard to pick my favorite. Aria-shachou is my favorite cat, though. Even if he does look a littly silly. Him and his mochi-mochi pon-pon ;P

X3

Oh, and I think it's sweet that Kozue Amano is close friends with Saito Chiwa. I wonder if it was before or after Chiwa was casted. ;o

EDiT: http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/event/comiket06/cm000170.html

They are almost identical. I love comiket cosplayers. :3
New sn = Meirin

-zoxan-

Can I leech this off of someone? Box seems to be down, so I don't know where to get it from. Onegaishimasu.

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Tsubasa

New 1/8 Alicia shown at Wanfesu.  Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get the 1/6 Alicia already out there.  Cause this one looks better, IMO.  July release @5500 yen.
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"New 1/8 Alicia shown at Wanfesu.  Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get the 1/6 Alicia already out there.  Cause this one looks better, IMO.  July release @5500 yen.

that one looks 134q5345q34 times better

j

-zoxan-

Sunara Ishi

Its cute. OwO Rike.

Someone should let me borrow aria so I can finish it. /gg
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

pockystix

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"Someone should let me borrow aria so I can finish it. /gg

Waiting on HnK to finish NATURAL. CrystalNova is a bit shotty, IMO. D:
New sn = Meirin

Tsubasa

Akari Voice Alarm clock

Tempting, but I'm already getting the Otoboku Mizuho voice alarm clock, which I probably want more anyway.
-Tsubasa

-zoxan-

Quote from: "mDuo13"Personally, I like ARIA Company a lot more than Orange Planet. They seem a lot more personal, friendly, etc... but a lot of that is just my bias towards Arika and Alicia.

You still need to do a slight bit of editing ^^;;

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Dude, don't diss Aria-shachou.  He's awesome.  Weird, but awesome.  I have a cell-phone strap of him. =P

CORRECT!

Lisu

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Akari Voice Alarm clock

Tempting, but I'm already getting the Otoboku Mizuho voice alarm clock, which I probably want more anyway.
I don't think I would be comfortable with Akari addressing me as Aria-shachou...
But regardless, this is about alarm clock #3 or 4 I've seen recently.  You could always have your room be a cuter sounding version of Nayuki's mornings....