AQUA, ARIA (The ANIMATION, The NATURAL, The OVA~Arietta, The ORIGINATION)

Started by mDuo13, October 21, 2006, 01:07:05 AM

Lisu

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"-Hime-sachou is male? O.o? I always thought he was a she... -.-;

wha? how did you come to think something like this?

Sunara Ishi

I seriously thought Aria-sachou was hitting on Hime-sachou...
Does this mean what I think it means? XP j/k

BTW, your ep. 13 is bad. D: I dunno if its some flaw in the disk or the file but yeah... >.>;

If someone has all of natural, I'll have to leech it.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Aria-shachou is male.
Hime-shachou is female.
Maa-shachou is female.
The end.

As for ep 13, you seem to have encountered the same problem as Spiritsnare. I am attempting to get him a working version of the file. I'll pass it on to you too next time we meet. I also have most of NATURAL on my Nomad right now so when I see people they can leech that too. Only the last, like, 3 episodes are missing because they wouldn't fit.

In other news, I love the vol.3 I got from Kino. Wonderful Akari cover, Alice bookmark, and overall the quality of the manga is top-notch. Plus it has furigana, so the kanji won't stop me from reading it.

FYI:
Alicia Florence
height 165
age 19
blood type A
birthday 10/30

Chun

What the fuck did Tokyopop do to Aqua?!

><

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsubasa

I haven't seen her in-series yet, but I think I must mirror the "oh god hot" comment.

Quote from: "mDuo13"
Alicia Florence
height 165
age 19
blood type A
birthday 10/30
Yum.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

Aika.s.Granzchesta
height 160
age 16
blood type O
birthday 2/2

Yes, that's how it's printed in the book. I don't know what the .s. part is all about.

Also, the ID3 tags appear properly in Japanese on my Nomad. I'm pretty surprised. Between that, and the fact that I finally have this soundtrack at all, I am incredibly happy right now. I might watch ep 24 soon.

Oh god, and the Wikipedia page for ARIA has spoilers. Like, seriously, I feel ruined because I just found out a big event that happens in volume 11. What the heck.

P.S. Makino Yui's voice makes everything better. Everything.
P.P.S. LastElixir, you were so right: they have ARIA-shachou's voice interfering obnoxiously in Alice's character song. But the song is amazing anyway. "Dekkai, dekkai, dekkai, dekkai shiawase desu" is so moe.

LastElixir

ill take joy in making cat-dimsum out of aria-shachou.

srsly, dun knock my alice songz kk byenara.

j

mDuo13

今単行本ï¼"ã,'読ã,"でã,,てã€,ã€,ã€,
でっかã,, ã,,え ですã€,

Also, listening to the ARIA OSTs while reading it is like having an intravenous feed of pure bliss.

Furthermore, episode 24 was good. With the quality of these past few episodes, I really want to see what they break out for the last two. But at the same time, I really don't want the series to be over...

Hey, here's a suggestion. Why don't we watch one episode of ARIA every Friday? We could start with ANIMATION, and work our way through NATURAL, until eventually we watch the last episode together... though I have the feeling I might cave and finish the series before we got there, being as that'd be the greater part of a year...

LastElixir

oh man, 24... it is GOOD. Akira gets major love.

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"What the fuck did Tokyopop do to Aqua?!

><

~Chun

For those who haven't seen what Tokyopop did to Aqua...have a look-see:

It's currently set for a 9/26 release.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"

><

~Chun

Hideous.

LastElixir

mDuo13

btw, a very nice ARIA fansite I found:
http://www.ancalima.co.uk/aria/

They have art scans, character information, staff information, background research, caps from the PS2 game, song lyrics, even a "Which Undiine are you?" quiz. Which tells me I'm Athena. (but, when I changed some of the answers I was on the fence about, I ended up as either Alice or Akari, so I guess I'm not too decisively any one of them.)

EDIT: btw, a curious video I found through that site: ARIA no Naku Koro ni. Not incredibly impressive, but some clever moments there.

pockystix

><

~Chun

[crap]

Hideous.

This is why we can't have nice things. ;(

...Is ADV even continuing ARIA? I should just give up all hope and buy JP ones, huh...
New sn = Meirin

Stormfalcon

From what I understand, Tokyopop has the rights to both Aria and Aqua, and ADV dropped Aria after three volumes :(

Yeah, I'm hanging on to those volumes all right.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Tsubasa

Quote from: "mDuo13"...even a "Which Undiine are you?" quiz. Which tells me I'm Athena. (but, when I changed some of the answers I was on the fence about, I ended up as either Alice or Akari, so I guess I'm not too decisively any one of them.)
I got Alice. :3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

Quote from: "pockystix"

><

~Chun

[crap]

Hideous.

This is why we can't have nice things. ;(

...Is ADV even continuing ARIA? I should just give up all hope and buy JP ones, huh...
Heh, I have volumes 2-4 in Japanese. They at least have furigana, which makes it a lot easier to read. Though I still can't follow at least half of the volume's text directly, I can pick up enough key words and scenes to remember the corresponding conversations in the anime, and thereby pick up a little bit more. Once I get past where the anime goes, though, I'm gonna be in trouble.

Chun

I got Akari on that one.

I altered a few other "self-doubting" questions and got Athena afterward.

...I always thought I'd be Aika though.

~Chun

pockystix

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "mDuo13"...even a "Which Undiine are you?" quiz. Which tells me I'm Athena. (but, when I changed some of the answers I was on the fence about, I ended up as either Alice or Akari, so I guess I'm not too decisively any one of them.)
I got Alice. :3

Ditto. O:
Guess who I'm cosplaying this year~

Aria-shachou. ;DDD
New sn = Meirin

Chun