Spring 2007 Anime

Started by Tsubasa, April 03, 2007, 11:37:35 PM

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Interesting how all this claiming happens independent of the person who liked her best before anyone else here even knew what IM@S was.
I thought you liked Haruka at the best at first... >.>
Perhaps you weren't too clear about it around me... I dunno.. -.-

Meh... I was just playing with the claiming thing...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Well, I've been watching more stuff, so here's what I've thought so far:

Xenoglossia ep 2: wow, this show is just weird. There are a lot of annoying characters, though.

Gigantic Formula ep 1: creepy-fugly character designs but cool robots. Plot is a little strange but could be good, even if it is a little familiar-sounding ("Gigantic Formulaic, amirite?"). I think someone said there's a new animation director for ep2 and the character designs look better.

El Cazador ep 2: nice music, plot just... plain strange. As to be expected. I think Elyse and Nadi are the most moe pair in the so-called "girls with guns trilogy".

Shining Tears x Wind ep 1: bahahahaha, this is so bad that it's actually kind of funny. I mean, Tony Taka's the man, so the characters still look good even if they're just mere approximations, but the plot and the animation are just... just... silly. Like a bad RPG... just like the show is based on.

Darker Than Black ep 1: Picked this up because it has a Yoko Kanno soundtrack. Not sure what to make of it yet; seems a little bit like Witch Hunter Robin in style. The music is definitely good, though.

Sunara Ishi

Lol @ Rocket Girls... Its a little odd ball but it might be good.

El Cazador's plot is kinda to be expected since its a BeeTrain series. I <3 BeeTrain series... perhaps I'm weird but I love how they flow. BTW, in the ED song, am I the only one that thinks that guy looks like Friday-Monday from Madlax? (I really need to get the last episodes of Madlax off someone... boo to missing the last two...)

Shining Tears x Wind seems interesting but the creatures in the other world make me think of furries and old fashioned fairy tales... @.@ Talking animals kinda give me a weird vibe... I prefer humanoids. kthxbye.

Man... someone needs to sub Polyphonica. T.T

Touka Gettan is really confusing but its rather interesting at the same time. I think I'll continue watching it... I'll figure out whats going on even if I have to rewatch it to make sense.... (because if I could somehow make sense of Jenki Extend, I can make sense of this.)

Sola is awesome... That guy is such a bad brother. So far I like his sister and the mysterious girl (tomato juice girl... XP ) [too many series makes it hard to remember names] I want to but a shirt like hers and cosplay her sometime.

I'm still processing the 1st ep.s of some of the new series... as well as seconds for others... XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

I think it bears repeating that Hayate the Combat Butler is made of nothing but copious amounts of win and awesome.
epic progressive

vox

shortpachoo

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I think it bears repeating that Hayate the Combat Butler is made of nothing but copious amounts of win and awesome.

I agree

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Tsubasa

Emma Second Act raws are out!  I hope it's not long 'til subs.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Emma Second Act raws are out!  I hope it's not long 'til subs.
I haven't seen the original thing...how good is it?
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Tsubasa"Emma Second Act raws are out!  I hope it's not long 'til subs.
I haven't seen the original thing...how good is it?
Acquired taste.  I love it.  I know people who couldn't stand for, well, the pacing more than anything else.  It's a very slow and atmospheric romance drama series.  Good characters.  Believable setting.  I found it to be pretty engaging.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

it finally sank in for me... Hayate = freakin win.

j

Sunara Ishi

Though I didn't really expect anything out of it, Toward the Terra is pretty good so far. XD

I <3 the mermaids in Seto no Hanayome. I'm amused. >.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

LastElixir

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"Though I didn't really expect anything out of it, Toward the Terra is pretty good so far. XD

the question is, would you watch the original series from 1980, cuz ive been curious about that lol.

j

Spiritsnare

The first episode of sola has the most evil way to BS (as in the card game): "Um...I'm sorry to say this...but...let me call you on those cards." It sounds so pensive, but you totally know what's going to happen. XD

I should do that next time.

edit What the hell was up with the last minute of the episode?!
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "LastElixir"
Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"Though I didn't really expect anything out of it, Toward the Terra is pretty good so far. XD

the question is, would you watch the original series from 1980, cuz ive been curious about that lol.

j
If someone has it, I'd give it a shot.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"The first episode of sola has the most evil way to BS (as in the card game): "Um...I'm sorry to say this...but...let me call you on those cards." It sounds so pensive, but you totally know what's going to happen. XD

I should do that next time.

edit What the hell was up with the last minute of the episode?!

hehehe, IT'S MAGIC :P

Anyways, so far this season, the shows i'm sticking with are:

Nanoha StrikerS
El Cazador
SOLA
Claymore
Lucky Star
Darker than Black
Hayate no Gotoku
RomeoXJuliet
Seirei no Moribito

Those are my winners on my list. I'll probably dump the other series and get them later as batch torrents.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

LastElixir

Anyone wanna watch OverDrive with me? Shounen series about... BICYCLES!

keeping it low this time...

Raki Suta
Hayate no gotoku
Moonlight Mile
Darker than Black

maybe:
Seirei no moribito
Overdrive
kaibutsu oujo
nagasarete airantou for kicks

j

mDuo13

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"El Cazador's plot is kinda to be expected since its a BeeTrain series. I <3 BeeTrain series... perhaps I'm weird but I love how they flow. BTW, in the ED song, am I the only one that thinks that guy looks like Friday-Monday from Madlax? (I really need to get the last episodes of Madlax off someone... boo to missing the last two...)
It's totally true! That's exactly what I thought. Also, am I crazy, or is "Friday Monday" the best name for a villain, ever?

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "mDuo13"Also, am I crazy, or is "Friday Monday" the best name for a villain, ever?
Perhaps I'm crazy too... cause I agree. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

mDuo13

So - my progress so far.

Hayate no Gotoku [4 eps] is obviously still amazing.
Shining Tears x Wind [2 eps] is hilariously bad. HILARIOUSLY bad.
El Cazador [3 eps] is everything I expected, but better animated. <3
Gigantic Formula [3 eps] is kind of lame. But I do like the robot designs.
iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA [3 eps] is strange and kind of lame. I don't know why I'm still watching it.
Darker Than Black [3 eps] is pretty interesting. Kind of episodic but worthwhile so far.
Lucky Star [3 eps] is, well, you guys know already. A little close to boring, but silly & fun.

Sunara Ishi

Omg! OMG! YES! Yesy has released ep1 of polyphonica! XD XD XD

My list is still huge but I've fallen a lil behind in some series. Am I the only one watching Touka Gettan and Toward the Terra?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

mDuo13

I haven't been watching torrent sites for the past couple of weeks, so I've fallen behind on pretty much everything.

*creates 12-torrent queue of El Cazador, Hayate, Lucky Star, and Darker Than Black*