INFO on PASS PICKUP (ID INFO)!!!(READ)

Started by short_storiesgl, April 27, 2007, 05:02:48 PM

LordKefka

You don't have any kind of id other than school?..=\

You can always go to the DMV and just get a non-driver's license id. You need proof of residency in the state of Cali for more than a month (with a piece of mail to your house postmarked for more than a month), your birth certificate, and your social security card, and your passport (if you have one). They'll give you an id like the driver's license except you can't drive. Also, they give you the id right there and then.

Hope that helps....
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LadyKaren

You know, more people will probably read this if you change the topic name from, "PLEASE READ!!!" to something like, "Information for those without Identification besides school ID" or something like that.

It's useful information, but if someone's looking for a specific piece of information, such as this one, they aren't going to look here.

Just a suggestion from your local mod.

KindaRandomKris

I've used my school ID since my first Fanime :\ Okay yeah, that was only 3 years ago, but I've used it every year since.
I personally think it's a little unreasonable to expect a hardcore ID (by which I mean license, state, etc.). I always thought something official-looking (like school ID) with your picture and name would be enough, but eh.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"I've used my school ID since my first Fanime :\ Okay yeah, that was only 3 years ago, but I've used it every year since.
I personally think it's a little unreasonable to expect a hardcore ID (by which I mean license, state, etc.). I always thought something official-looking (like school ID) with your picture and name would be enough, but eh.

As I said before, registration staff will say

"Official state ID, WE MEAN IT!"

every year, but if they actually enforced it, they would be facing a huge portion of their demographic being very VERY pissed if they got turned away, and rioting would probably ensue shortly afterwards.

So, try and find someone over 18 with an ID to vouch for you or something, if not, try not to worry about it too much.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LordKefka

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"I've used my school ID since my first Fanime :\ Okay yeah, that was only 3 years ago, but I've used it every year since.

every year, but if they actually enforced it, they would be facing a huge portion of their demographic being very VERY pissed if they got turned away, and rioting would probably ensue shortly afterwards.

So, try and find someone over 18 with an ID to vouch for you or something, if not, try not to worry about it too much.

I'm sorry.. please don't hate me =(
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

short_storiesgl

Quote from: FanFicGuru
Quote from: KindaRandomKrisI've used my school ID since my first Fanime :\ Okay yeah, that was only 3 years ago, but I've used it every year since.

Dance Staff Second

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "short_storiesgl"

So i can use my boyfriend even tho this is for the Thursday pick up

and i bought the pass online and im picking it up? on thursday?
SO HELP ME LORD!

It isn't rocket science. Stop having a panic attack, lol.

Plan on going on Thursday. Try to find someone over 18 with an ID to go with you. IF YOU CAN'T: Don't worry. Hell, PM me. I'm 21 with an ID. *sigh* I'll be there on Thursday.
Swap meet staff - 2014

phoenixphire24

I just wanted to add that if you plan on going to any events that require an ID, like bishie bingo, I know they turned people away who didn't have an official ID.

short_storiesgl

SO HELP ME LORD!

Plan on going on Thursday. Try to find someone over 18 with an ID to go with you. IF YOU CAN'T: Don't worry. Hell, PM me. I'm 21 with an ID. *sigh* I'll be there on Thursday.

Can i love you? If all goes to hell i will go to you, but if not its cool.
and THANK YOU
Dance Staff Second

FanFicGuru

SO HELP ME LORD!

Can i love you? If all goes to hell i will go to you, but if not its cool.
and THANK YOU

Don't worry about it. Just PM me and I'll make arrangements to meet up with you.

Oh, good point about official id for other events, but according to the video schedule, Hot Yaoi nights is now an 'all ages welcome' event. So...I'm guessing they won't need official ID for that.

For Hentai rooms and stuff they will for sure, and I can't help you with that part. >_<
Swap meet staff - 2014

LadyKaren

Oh, good point about official id for other events, but according to the video schedule, Hot Yaoi nights is now an 'all ages welcome' event. So...I'm guessing they won't need official ID for that.  

You're only half right -

Friday Night: all ages.
Saturday and Sunday only: 18+ with ID at the door.

*snickers* Just thinking Hot Yaoi nights is an 'all age' event would be hilarious.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "LadyKaren"

You're only half right -

Friday Night: all ages.
Saturday and Sunday only: 18+ with ID at the door.

*snickers* Just thinking Hot Yaoi nights is an 'all age' event would be hilarious.

Ah ok. Well, I'm not a yaoi fan so it's no biggie. And I'm 21 so again, no real biggie. lol
Swap meet staff - 2014

LordKefka

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

sukurudo

"Officially" (legally) we can only accept State issued IDs as School IDs are not legal IDs.

There are obviously other ways to verify identity which are not necessarily publicized, but knowing all the information connected to the registration account is something that would be good to know. (email address, mailing address, fan name, etc...)
---
Will Warriner
Just some Random Not important dude..
I swear..

M

Quote from: "skuld"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"So, try and find someone over 18 with an ID to vouch for you or something, if not, try not to worry about it too much.

"Officially" (legally) we can only accept State issued IDs as School IDs are not legal IDs.

There are obviously other ways to verify identity which are not necessarily publicized, but knowing all the information connected to the registration account is something that would be good to know. (email address, mailing address, fan name, etc...)

I don't think that having someone over 18 vouch for you works.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

phoenixphire24

short_storiesgl: you might want to e-mail the registration staff directly and get an official answer from them. You don't want to show up with wrong form of ID and not get into the con. You can also ask about having a parent/someone else vouch for you.

FanFicGuru

I vouched for my sister and her friends last year.

Again, I re-iterate the silliness of requiring a state issued ID for a convention that caters to a majority of younger high school students that don't really need it at the age they're at.

However, that's just me. I also understand that what is said on the boards and in the rules and what actually happens when people go to pick up their badge are two very different things.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Barnes

My brother's middle school ID worked for him last year. Hmm.
This thread confuses me.
:?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

yumicchi88

is a post card gonna be sent this time? for pre-registered ones?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

short_storiesgl

Thank you So much for the help you've all given me.
You will know who i am at con via if you see me jumping up and down  or crying either way you'll know.But thank you for all the help and post you guys are awesome!

Best people ever.Thanks again Everything was helpful
                                                                    -Ari
Dance Staff Second