Excuse me WTF RU doin to my dance?

Started by justkitteh, May 10, 2007, 11:03:23 PM

justkitteh

So, my friend was going to DJ at the dance, and, a couple days ago, he told me he wasn't going to, and I was like why, and he was like I got this email:

Quote from: "An email a friend of mine who was going to DJ received."Hi everyone,

Well, as you all know, due to the lack of our budget, Nessie and I had no choice but to cancel the dance.  Again I do understand that many of you had things in mind to play or had even looked forward these many months to be apart of the Dance Department. Your all more than welcome to still attend and see just what kind of sound they plan on having without us. Perhaps next year, it serves as a rude awakening and how important it was for the Dance Department to have their budget much sooner.

For all you DJs I had recruited for this year, I will not forget you guys.  We as a whole were treated very wrong so when there is another event and it's very much confirmed with all the "bugs out" of it, I will contact you all to see if you would like to at least play.  It's sort of my way of making things up for what has happened to us all.  Yes, I am upset about the entire deal with our budget.  But now, what's done is done.

So um, what's the deal here?

FanFicGuru

Is that DJ Stormy? I think he would have made an announcement if the dance was cancelled.

I don't know who 'your friend' is, but I think all the schedules still say there's going to be a dance and there hasn't been any announcement of it being cancelled...so yeah...I don't know what's up.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

justkitteh

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Is that DJ Stormy? I think he would have made an announcement if the dance was cancelled.

I don't know who 'your friend' is, but I think all the schedules still say there's going to be a dance and there hasn't been any announcement of it being cancelled...so yeah...I don't know what's up.
Um... thanks for that. :P

Kazuko

D: awww I got mad inside

*puts away brass knuckles*

DJ Stormy

No folks thats not me, This is a message from part of the dance staff and i don't believe it was suppost to be posted here.. I'm just a Dj i cannot make official Announcements for the department or anything like that, I can't say anything about anyone else all i can say is i wont be playing this year i don't think i'm allowed to talk about this so ill leave it at that.
But if anyone is interested i have some party's coming up if anyone is interested in attending keep a eye out for them

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S.)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Kazuko

D: so is there gonna be a ravie dance or not cause if there isnt e__e *pulls out the brass knuckles*

IamTetsuo

Yeah if the rave dance gets canceled in place of the black and white stupid thing...  :x

heeroyuy135

The B&W Ball was established way before the news came out...

Kazuko

DX but still these raves prove as an alternate to the ball for thoes of us who dont have black and white formal or cosplay x:

plus they are a part of fanime tradition

1Fireforge

I find it hard to believe that they would cancel the late dance just because of the B&W ball (which is open to anyone, btw, you don't have to have a formal cosplay or anything, just show up =).  

- FF

Let's go VOLTRON force!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "1Fireforge"I find it hard to believe that they would cancel the late dance just because of the B&W ball (which is open to anyone, btw, you don't have to have a formal cosplay or anything, just show up =).  

- FF
Has anyone read the first post? It's a budget problem

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"The B&W Ball was established way before the news came out...

The point is that if the dance is canceled, the ball better be canceled too, because the dance is a fanime tradition.  No dance = Not Fanime.

XeNo

Haha no Rave at Fanime = Failure. The Rave was one of the best things for me last year.

I don't know if I'll be going this year anyways. x__X

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"
Quote from: "1Fireforge"I find it hard to believe that they would cancel the late dance just because of the B&W ball (which is open to anyone, btw, you don't have to have a formal cosplay or anything, just show up =).  

- FF

RyuHayabusa

I'm going to the staff meeting tomorrow. I'll ask the upperheads on what's going on. For now, I consider this a rumor.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Kazuko

x__x noo xeno dont gooooooo

;__; dont leave me for the J-rock festival *sniff*

:< this makes me sad

IamTetsuo

- FF

Good point all funds should be directed towards the dance first and ball second.

Eri

Huh?

Black & White Ball has nothing to do with Dance. In the organizational scheme of things, it's not even under Programming; it's under Special Projects with FaniMaid Cafe, since it's a new event. And because of that, Programming's budget has nothing to do with B&W Ball's budget.

At this point, I would wait for the staff meeting tomorrow before drawing any conclusions. I, myself, don't know if this is true or not. And, hell, the person who's advertising Fanime should know if an event is canceled, right?
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

IamTetsuo

The people are restless!  We demand answers!  :P

Really I'm not too worried about it.  If there's no dance I'll just go find a club somewhere nearby.

Or organize an iPod dance!  Everyone listening to the same songs at the same time on their iPods dancing!   :P

justkitteh

I'd say "Oh wow this thread is moving!" but it's unsurprising... Here's more of what I heard through other people...

QuoteEugene (who is in charge of the Ball) says it's bullshit, the DJs didn't get fired, the dance isn't cancelled, none of it is true.
Seems like good news, I mean, He's in charge of the other dance, who evidently the two are unrelated.
QuoteThe peopl in charge of the dance never went to the metings for budget, they just quit.
Oh... good, that. Sounds like Eugene might have thought the concern was the Ball as that's what he's in charge of.

Seems to me, that IF the dance is cancelled, or they are replacing DJs with a laptop with Winsuck, or something else that no one wants. They're trying to cover it up for now, so no one... decides not to go?

On the other hand, maybe they traded up for a live band.