Fanime Music Videos (Anime Music Videos)

Started by milkmandan, May 26, 2007, 12:43:43 AM

milkmandan

Well after the first day of AMVs
what did you all think?

I couldn't remember what i liked for the life of me, there were simply just too many videos.. :(

and Action had way to many AMVs. compared to Comedy.. :(

I felt some action deserved to be in Drama, and some Drama deserved to be in Action, some experimental deserved to be in comedy..i duno

---discuss!!

maeiounj39

Was mine Up? I had the wind video entered.

milkmandan

wind? video?
you mean the anime wind?

i didn't any amvs with the anime -wind

sorrieh

maeiounj39

My video was a naruto video with the song wind.

milkmandan

i did see a naruto video...dont remember the song though..
SO many videos made it into the Finals that I cannot remember all of them -_-

milkmandan

woot the award ceremony was awesome

good show overall for the FMVs this year!

I was wondering if someone could provide the entire list of finalists and winners so we could go find their videos on amv.org ;)

mlarad

Yes I want to know who the winners were?  Does anybody can post here? XD

maeiounj39

I didn't go to the awards ceremony, because I have church. But, I would be surprised if I did get an award.

maeiounj39

Quote from: "milkmandan"i did see a naruto video...dont remember the song though..
SO many videos made it into the Finals that I cannot remember all of them -_-

I saw one too.  It looked like filler episodes were use mostly. Thats the one I saw.

Tsukin

did anyone see my video? It was an elfen lied video with the song more human than human by rob zombie =)
I Make Anime Music Videos

my favorite sport is pika ball =P

milkmandan

mDuo13

Quote from: "Tsukin"did anyone see my video? It was an elfen lied video with the song more human than human by rob zombie =)
Oh man, you're the one responsible for that ridiculously violent Elfen Lied video, haha.

phoenixphire24

Overall I was disapointed with the AMVs this year. There were a few good ones, but I think the number shown could have been cut down by a lot. It was really hard to remember which one were which and take note because the ballots were so small. But that being said, I liked the Elfin Lied one (even though I dislike the anime itself), that one with the kids with masks, the first Full Metal Alchemist one, and the one done with Code Geass.

dealerJason

I know how you feel, but please understand folks, FMV, Masquerade, artist alley, they are all at the mercy of those who want to contribute.  If you want to see better things, why not try contributing?  Try your hand and get better.  

I know many were upset about the comedy selection, but guess what?  That is the hardest subject to do.  The hours and energy it takes to splice the video and music together in an entertaining way is not an easy task.  

I hope you guys understand that the world needs more AMV editors.  If we don't encourage more with our contest, there will not be many who want to enter.

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

milkmandan

Quote from: "dealerJason"I know how you feel, but please understand folks, FMV, Masquerade, artist alley, they are all at the mercy of those who want to contribute.  If you want to see better things, why not try contributing?  Try your hand and get better.  

I know many were upset about the comedy selection, but guess what?  That is the hardest subject to do.  The hours and energy it takes to splice the video and music together in an entertaining way is not an easy task.  

I hope you guys understand that the world needs more AMV editors.  If we don't encourage more with our contest, there will not be many who want to enter.

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
i agree....
if the AMV show is not good this year..it just means the submission in general were not great.

I have to agree, the submissions this year were weak...and who is to blame?  not the Fanime staffers, it is us. the amv creators..

not enuff good videos..period.

Mango Bunny

I didn't get to stay through the viewing I went to since some things came up. I saw a few cool videos while I was there though.

My question is.... why was it not in the Civic Center? It really created an atmosphere there. I understand the staff was trying to do its best, but some of the songs were way too loud and they couldn't get the video working for a while. It was just...cramped. I know my friends and I really miss the atmosphere the other place created. ;_; Will they ever move it back, or is it going to be in that room forever?

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "milkmandan"
Quote from: "dealerJason"I know how you feel, but please understand folks, FMV, Masquerade, artist alley, they are all at the mercy of those who want to contribute.  If you want to see better things, why not try contributing?  Try your hand and get better.  

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
i agree....
if the AMV show is not good this year..it just means the submission in general were not great.

I have to agree, the submissions this year were weak...and who is to blame?  not the Fanime staffers, it is us. the amv creators..

not enuff good videos..period.

I agree too, the staff can't help what gets submitted. However, I would not have minded if they had cut the number down and gone with a slightly shorter showing. Maybe 2 hours instead of 3? Also, the volume was really loud with certain AMVs, but I don't know if that has to do with the submission itself and therefore can't be helped.

milkmandan

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"
I agree too, the staff can't help what gets submitted. However, I would not have minded if they had cut the number down and gone with a slightly shorter showing. Maybe 2 hours instead of 3? Also, the volume was really loud with certain AMVs, but I don't know if that has to do with the submission itself and therefore can't be helped.
As far as volume, the staff can control it while they are playing it.
but if the source is toooo Loud, then thats a problem on the creators part as well...

using bad audio source...