Ahh Simoun couldn't have done a better job being Yuri..

Started by LordKefka, May 31, 2007, 02:19:36 AM

LordKefka

Too bad I'm getting lazier each day with writing reviews so I'll just say this is something worth watching if you're into heart felt yuri. It's not one of those agressive Yuri type Anime but more of the gentle, sweet type which elaborates on not just love but love which transcends sexuality and physical identity of a person. And despite the whole war undertone, characters develop through the series. Very lovely indeed. This is one of those not to well known series which deserves a bit of attention whether one is a yuri lover or not.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Tsubasa

I've been meaning to watch Simoun sometime, but I didn't download it, nor has anyone else I can immediately leech from.  I hear nothing but good things.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Tsubasa"I've been meaning to watch Simoun sometime, but I didn't download it, nor has anyone else I can immediately leech from.  I hear nothing but good things.

You can get it from me anytime dude, since I have it on the binders of doom lol ;p
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Tsubasa

Didn't realize you had it, Ryu.  Although, I suppose I'm not surprised.  I guess I inadvertently never asked you for it. XD;
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

yuri eh, i probably should try marimite first, i don't dislike the yuri/shoujo-ai genre, but I need something mindblowing to keep me going.

j

LordKefka

Quote from: "LastElixir"yuri eh, i probably should try marimite first, i don't dislike the yuri/shoujo-ai genre, but I need something mindblowing to keep me going.

j

This is pretty mind blowing though.. you know you want toooooooooooo...  :wink:
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Didn't realize you had it, Ryu.  Although, I suppose I'm not surprised.  I guess I inadvertently never asked you for it. XD;

Yeah, I got it a couple of weeks ago. I watched the 1st episode and i liked what I saw. This friday, I'll bring you a copy on DVD-R :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

LastElixir

Quote from: "LordKefka"
Quote from: "LastElixir"yuri eh, i probably should try marimite first, i don't dislike the yuri/shoujo-ai genre, but I need something mindblowing to keep me going.

j

This is pretty mind blowing though.. you know you want toooooooooooo...  :wink:

ok ok ill take your word for it. JEESH

lol

j

LordKefka

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Tsubasa

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Yeah, I got it a couple of weeks ago. I watched the 1st episode and i liked what I saw. This friday, I'll bring you a copy on DVD-R :D
Sounds good.  Thanks. :3
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Me too onegaishimasu.

shoujo-ai is one of my favorite genres.

...though I think Kashimashi was kind of shallow and poorly done.

... and as much as I kind of liked the characters of Maria-sama, it was too boring to draw me in past episode one.

Kannazuki no Miko, though. Oh... baby.

LastElixir

the farthest i probably got for shoujo-ai is kaleidostar, and that's not even that shoujo-ai.

as for shounen-ai? ohhh hoho no thanks. Ouran is probably the only exception but that kicked ass in other ways.

j

LordKefka

Quote from: "mDuo13"Me too onegaishimasu.

shoujo-ai is one of my favorite genres.

...though I think Kashimashi was kind of shallow and poorly done.

... and as much as I kind of liked the characters of Maria-sama, it was too boring to draw me in past episode one.

Kannazuki no Miko, though. Oh... baby.

Don't forget Strawberry Panic and Rose of Versailles!..  8)

But I have no favorite genre.... though there are a few ones I tend to focus less on such as shounen and mahou-shoujo. Hell, I think the last of either was Nanoha (not even Lyrical A yet) or Hajime no Ippo... =\
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor