Badge Pick up

Started by EHS, October 27, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

Shi_Musouka

Quote"Pre-Registration and Early Registration memberships will soon have a Printable Postcard available on your account page.  Please print this out and bring to Pre-Registration when you come to pick up your badge."
(Specifically for Reg staff only)
Does Registration normally send automated e-mails to attendees when the electronic postcard is up for download and printing or is it the individual's responsibility to check their account regularly to see if the postcard is up?

Just thought I would ask for someone who doesn't have access to the forums.

SOawesomeness

From what I can put together, it'll be sent via [automatic] e-mail.
I'm not so sure if it's normal, I don't remember a postcard from last year. I probably just wasn't paying attention. :P

It most definitely wouldn't be up to the individual to check. Most don't even look at their accounts after they finished registering themselves...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

FinalShadows

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 11, 2008, 11:37:33 PM
From what I can put together, it'll be sent via [automatic] e-mail.
I'm not so sure if it's normal, I don't remember a postcard from last year. I probably just wasn't paying attention. :P

It most definitely wouldn't be up to the individual to check. Most don't even look at their accounts after they finished registering themselves...
Well from my past experience, after registering, you would have to log into the site to get your print-out. The only thing they send in the email is a confirmation that you registered for Fanime. Else you would need to log in and print it out. If you guys do forget though, I believe the registration desk can look up for your account there... it would just slow the rest of the people picking up their badges as well.
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: FinalShadows on May 11, 2008, 11:41:15 PM
Well from my past experience, after registering, you would have to log into the site to get your print-out. The only thing they send in the email is a confirmation that you registered for Fanime. Else you would need to log in and print it out. If you guys do forget though, I believe the registration desk can look up for your account there... it would just slow the rest of the people picking up their badges as well.
Oh, that would make sense. xD Probably easier to send it based on an existing method.
I'd e-mail reg just in case, though. They might be doing something different this year seeing as how reg is changing the processes this year...
Or wait until Eric or Claudia see this and answer it on the boards. :0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Sen

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 11, 2008, 11:45:39 PM
Quote from: FinalShadows on May 11, 2008, 11:41:15 PM
Oh, that would make sense. xD Probably easier to send it based on an existing method.
I'd e-mail reg just in case, though. They might be doing something different this year seeing as how reg is changing the processes this year...
Or wait until Eric or Claudia see this and answer it on the boards. :0

The electronic "postcard" (for lack of a better word) will be available through your online account. We are NOT mailing/e-mailing them out.

When will they be available?...Soon. I know we were working on them just last night too.  I'll make an announcement on the forums when they become available. ;D

Finally, the fastest way to get your badge is to have the postcard and your government issued photo ID.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Chewie

Quote from: Sen on May 12, 2008, 12:07:28 PM
We are NOT mailing/e-mailing them out.

Hope that info is on the site somewhere. A lot of people are going to completely miss it otherwise.

Sen

Quote from: Chewie on May 12, 2008, 07:35:00 PM

Hope that info is on the site somewhere. A lot of people are going to completely miss it otherwise.

I know the page is missing the postcard information and I have talked to Antonio about it. The problem is, we're printing and laminating the badges right now so things are going crazy.
But anyways, thanks for bringing it up.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

Chewie

Quote from: Sen on May 12, 2008, 09:21:35 PM

I know the page is missing the postcard information and I have talked to Antonio about it. The problem is, we're printing and laminating the badges right now so things are going crazy.

Just glad I can help at all. A LOT of people aren't in the forum loop and will miss it completely. Hell, I doubt even half of the current forums users even come to this forum/thread section at all.

I feel bad for you guys because of those who aren't going to see it/hear about it/print it and all the extra work you're going to have to deal with on top of all the ID issues floating around. =\

Hope it works out.

Sen

Quote from: Chewie on May 13, 2008, 07:21:13 AM

Just glad I can help at all. A LOT of people aren't in the forum loop and will miss it completely. Hell, I doubt even half of the current forums users even come to this forum/thread section at all.

I feel bad for you guys because of those who aren't going to see it/hear about it/print it and all the extra work you're going to have to deal with on top of all the ID issues floating around. =\

Hope it works out.

Well if you want. You can help laminate badges!  ;D

BTW. I believe postcards are up. http://www.fanime.com/registration/account/receipt.php
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

Chewie

Quote from: Sen on May 13, 2008, 03:50:14 PM
Quote from: Chewie on May 13, 2008, 07:21:13 AM

Hope it works out.

Well if you want. You can help laminate badges!  ;D

BTW. I believe postcards are up. http://www.fanime.com/registration/account/receipt.php

Tempting......

LightandDarkSoul

Okay. I have a passport but it's expired (and has my old kid photo[6 or 7 yrs.Old] and I'm 16 right now -_-) Is it accepted?
I can't get it renewed because my parents don't have time to do it and there isn't any time

SOawesomeness

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on May 13, 2008, 10:09:37 PM
Okay. I have a passport but it's expired (and has my old kid photo[6 or 7 yrs.Old] and I'm 16 right now -_-) Is it accepted?
I can't get it renewed because my parents don't have time to do it and there isn't any time
Uh, no... e-mail reg if you don't have anything better... >.>
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 13, 2008, 10:10:34 PM
I thought so. I just emailed reg. My friends have been telling me that expired passports are okay. >.> (liars) I didn't believe them because no one accepts expired passports. But I had to make sure. Oh gosh, what can I do?!

KyraEnsui

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on May 13, 2008, 10:30:21 PM
I thought so. I just emailed reg. My friends have been telling me that expired passports are okay. >.> (liars) I didn't believe them because no one accepts expired passports. But I had to make sure. Oh gosh, what can I do?!

Do you have any other forms of ID that it might help?

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 14, 2008, 08:30:29 AM

Do you have any other forms of ID that it might help?

I wish.... All I have is my passport, school ID, and my birth certificate....

Chewie

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on May 14, 2008, 02:40:23 PM
I wish.... All I have is my passport, school ID, and my birth certificate....

Email registration asap.

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Chewie

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 14, 2008, 07:23:38 PM
Quote from: Chewie on May 14, 2008, 06:41:55 PM
Email registration asap.
:00 She did. (:
I just emailed reg.

You and your stupid reading comprehension.

=P

I totally knew that.....

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: Chewie on May 14, 2008, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 14, 2008, 07:23:38 PM
Quote from: Chewie on May 14, 2008, 06:41:55 PM
Email registration asap.
:00 She did. (:
I just emailed reg.

You and your stupid reading comprehension.

=P

I totally knew that.....

lols, I was just being lazy.  Registration said I can go ahead and bring my school ID along with the postcard printout thing. I need to bring at least something with a recent picture and my name on it if I have nothing else. So school ID it is. XP

Chewie