Fanime Artist Alley 08

Started by Evode, November 11, 2007, 09:51:11 PM

Oniko

well I havnt gotten the seating chart yet so you mus have the wrong e-mail.  However I dont really mind where I'm placed so I'll just wait till the con XD
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: Oniko on April 09, 2008, 05:49:10 PM
well I havnt gotten the seating chart yet so you mus have the wrong e-mail.  However I dont really mind where I'm placed so I'll just wait till the con XD

Have you tried emailing fanimeartistalley2008[at]gmail.com? If you gave your name and information, then AA should have your email now and the seating chart would be on its way~ :] Otherwise, maybe you registered later and the chart just hasn't reached you yet? So no worries!
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

fongmingyun

Yes, everyone, Fanime is out of tables.  At least, from my perspective. 

"Hi there
this is your friendly AA Head hear to give you an update
If you are receving this e-mail we have receved your contracts and info but sadley we are full up this year
so you have been placed on our waiting list
we are still hammering out details on how this is going to work but i will be sending another e-mail around soon so keeps your ears open
thanks
~Stacy
AA Head"

Is anyone out there willing to share?  My friend and I need to know if it's worth paying the $300 plane ticket to fly across the country from our little Pennsylvania solely to be in the Fanime AA - meaning we can't risk showing up on Day 1 and praying someone doesn't show up.  We were counting on this for a substantial portion of our summer income. :(

We each need at least half a table (3 ft), but we don't mind being split up, say, across the Alley.  Fanime would be the 11th con I've AAed at (and her 8th), so suffice to say, if you're new, we can teach you a lot - from art tips to business tips.  We've worked large and small cons, notably Otakon, Anime Boston, Katsucon, and AnimeNext.  We are highly organized and will bring our own PVC rigs and help you display your work.  We are excellent table partners and will actually SELL your stuff while you're off at the Dealer's Room/Bathroom/etc. rather than just "watch" it.  Remember, we BOTH need space - neither of us is going to travel to California alone.

Me: http://fongmingyun.deviantart.com (aka, WoefulInfinity on Gaia)
Her: http://anarahk.deviantart.com (if you're on Tegaki E, you might know her! :D)

We are part of a larger east coast collective which includes http://prodigybombay.deviantart.com , http://tirael.deviantart.com , http://scadelaide.deviantart.com , http://betrayal-and-wisdom.deviantart.com , and more.  Seeing as Fanime and Anime North occur at the same time, we've split up and are scoping out both cons for 2009, so if you're looking for someone else from our posse to come in 09, please give us a chance! ;D (Plus, Anime North hasn't been too favorable on us, so we're really counting on Fanime.)

Moonblossom

Woe! I'm no artist and will not have a table, but I hope you get one, I would like to meet you :)

fongmingyun

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 14, 2008, 08:40:48 AM
Woe! I'm no artist and will not have a table, but I hope you get one, I would like to meet you :)

:D hey, moony.

Unfortunately, lol - it's only going to happen if we both find tables!  Really soon.  Plane tickets are unforgiving, and it is way too close to deadline to be joking around right now for us.

Moonblossom

Quote from: fongmingyun on April 14, 2008, 01:21:35 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on April 14, 2008, 08:40:48 AM

:D hey, moony.

Unfortunately, lol - it's only going to happen if we both find tables!  Really soon.  Plane tickets are unforgiving, and it is way too close to deadline to be joking around right now for us.

I understand! I really hope it works out :)

Aya Brea X

I'm really surprised the tables sold out!  The last couple of years I've gone there's always been some tables left until Saturday or Sunday.  From the map it doesn't look like the number of tables got reduced.  Were there just a lot more people interested this year? O_O

tasan84

Quote from: fongmingyun on April 14, 2008, 08:33:57 AM
Yes, everyone, Fanime is out of tables.  At least, from my perspective. 

"Hi there
this is your friendly AA Head hear to give you an update
If you are receving this e-mail we have receved your contracts and info but sadley we are full up this year
so you have been placed on our waiting list
we are still hammering out details on how this is going to work but i will be sending another e-mail around soon so keeps your ears open
thanks
~Stacy
AA Head"

Is anyone out there willing to share?  My friend and I need to know if it's worth paying the $300 plane ticket to fly across the country from our little Pennsylvania solely to be in the Fanime AA - meaning we can't risk showing up on Day 1 and praying someone doesn't show up.  We were counting on this for a substantial portion of our summer income. :(

We each need at least half a table (3 ft), but we don't mind being split up, say, across the Alley.  Fanime would be the 11th con I've AAed at (and her 8th), so suffice to say, if you're new, we can teach you a lot - from art tips to business tips.  We've worked large and small cons, notably Otakon, Anime Boston, Katsucon, and AnimeNext.  We are highly organized and will bring our own PVC rigs and help you display your work.  We are excellent table partners and will actually SELL your stuff while you're off at the Dealer's Room/Bathroom/etc. rather than just "watch" it.  Remember, we BOTH need space - neither of us is going to travel to California alone.

Me: http://fongmingyun.deviantart.com (aka, WoefulInfinity on Gaia)
Her: http://anarahk.deviantart.com (if you're on Tegaki E, you might know her! :D)

We are part of a larger east coast collective which includes http://prodigybombay.deviantart.com , http://tirael.deviantart.com , http://scadelaide.deviantart.com , http://betrayal-and-wisdom.deviantart.com , and more.  Seeing as Fanime and Anime North occur at the same time, we've split up and are scoping out both cons for 2009, so if you're looking for someone else from our posse to come in 09, please give us a chance! ;D (Plus, Anime North hasn't been too favorable on us, so we're really counting on Fanime.)

Hello! :D

Its my first time at the AA, third time at Fanime and I just got a table. I wouldn't mind sharing it. But, please contact me for some questions.  However, I haven't gotten a seating chart on where I'm going to be located.

I really would like to meet you guys in person, you guys have some incredible stuff! ^^ 

Chloe

Quote from: Aya Brea X on April 14, 2008, 10:13:44 PM
I'm really surprised the tables sold out!  The last couple of years I've gone there's always been some tables left until Saturday or Sunday.  From the map it doesn't look like the number of tables got reduced.  Were there just a lot more people interested this year? O_O

Yeah, from a friend, I heard that this year's table filled up quickly, but there is likely going to be some people dropping out as usual (Come on, can an artist work on deadlines? lol, I can but some of us can't) XD

But, from where I was on the map, it seems like the sheet should be done going around...  Since there wasn't much space left on where I was. D:

Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

fongmingyun

Quote from: tasan84 on April 15, 2008, 12:56:55 PM

Its my first time at the AA, third time at Fanime and I just got a table. I wouldn't mind sharing it. But, please contact me for some questions.  However, I haven't gotten a seating chart on where I'm going to be located.

I really would like to meet you guys in person, you guys have some incredible stuff! ^^ 

Really? Ah! Thank you so much.  You can contact me via deviantART or email me at [email protected] - i'm very bad with forum messaging services.

sunrise-oasis

hope everything works out to find a nice person to share but uhm...i got a huge bad feeling that you guys may need to add a permit with the person who registered....
not sure how it works but I really hope eveyrthing works out T_T!......

Question:::::
I am very worried about materials and i wanted to know price ranges from last year..
So far heres the price ranges i need to know but i cannot explain it in details::
how much people bought stuff ranging from:::

$3-$7
$9-15
$20+

Need to know this because i am running out of supplies and cash >_<!..

fongmingyun

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on April 15, 2008, 09:32:43 PM
hope everything works out to find a nice person to share but uhm...i got a huge bad feeling that you guys may need to add a permit with the person who registered....
not sure how it works but I really hope eveyrthing works out T_T!......

Question:::::
I am very worried about materials and i wanted to know price ranges from last year..
So far heres the price ranges i need to know but i cannot explain it in details::
how much people bought stuff ranging from:::

$3-$7
$9-15
$20+

Need to know this because i am running out of supplies and cash >_<!..

We're both in the process of getting our own California Seller's permits.  The office contacted me today and said I'd have it within the next week.  So, yeah, I mean, other than plane tickets and tables, we really are all set. D:

And uh... if it helps... On average, I spend about $60-100 on materials.  Since I'm hitting Fanime and Akon in one go and re-working a large portion of my inventory, I'm expecting it to get to somewhere around $300.  As for the prices I sell for, I wait until the con to actually decide.

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: fongmingyun on April 15, 2008, 09:58:27 PM

We're both in the process of getting our own California Seller's permits.  The office contacted me today and said I'd have it within the next week.  So, yeah, I mean, other than plane tickets and tables, we really are all set. D:

And uh... if it helps... On average, I spend about $60-100 on materials.  Since I'm hitting Fanime and Akon in one go and re-working a large portion of my inventory, I'm expecting it to get to somewhere around $300.  As for the prices I sell for, I wait until the con to actually decide.

Already gone abit over from that, so far i already spend $245 on materials thats including the table and the badge!.....
but i need an average on those prices because im trying to tallying all my materials......

ewu

We will also be selling the tables of the no shows at con.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Oniko

whoa tables are sold out? Glad I snagged mine.  I dont remember this ever happening before.... nice ^_^ Fanime is getting bigger! Always nice to know more people are coming.

Well my friend and I are selling buttons this year.  There are 1.5 inches. So far I have made 16 from theses animes
-Elfen lied
-Tusbasa
-Haruhi
-Shana
-Code Geas
-Chrono Crusade
-Lovesless
-Kenshin
My friend has more on the way though I'm not sure how many.  I believe she is making them from
-Saiyuki
-Inu Yasha
-Disgaea
How much would you guys pay for a button? I'm been told everything from $1.50 to $3 by others
Also I can probably get 2 more buttons done by Fanime, what would you guys like to see?

06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Oniko on April 16, 2008, 07:49:57 AM
whoa tables are sold out? Glad I snagged mine.  I dont remember this ever happening before.... nice ^_^ Fanime is getting bigger! Always nice to know more people are coming.

Well my friend and I are selling buttons this year.  There are 1.5 inches. So far I have made 16 from theses animes
-Elfen lied
-Tusbasa
-Haruhi
-Shana
-Code Geas
-Chrono Crusade
-Lovesless
-Kenshin
My friend has more on the way though I'm not sure how many.  I believe she is making them from
-Saiyuki
-Inu Yasha
-Disgaea
How much would you guys pay for a button? I'm been told everything from $1.50 to $3 by others
Also I can probably get 2 more buttons done by Fanime, what would you guys like to see?

I'm a big button buyer (I loves them so) and for a button like that (they look to be very well made) I'd say $2 each or maybe 2 for $5 would be my limit.

tasan84

-Elfen lied
-Tusbasa
-Haruhi
-Shana
-Code Geas
-Chrono Crusade
-Lovesless
-Kenshin
-Saiyuki
-Inu Yasha
-Disgaea

Wow! those are well made and cute! I'm getting my buttons done through this site: http://www.modbuttons.com. I already have posted my four designs over at my deviantart account right here: http://taichichan.deviantart.com.

I'm selling them for about $1 each.

Its my first time and I wanted to start out small. :) I'll stop at your table at the con! :D

tasan84

Quote from: fongmingyun on April 15, 2008, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: tasan84 on April 15, 2008, 12:56:55 PM

Really? Ah! Thank you so much.  You can contact me via deviantART or email me at [email protected] - i'm very bad with forum messaging services.

You're very welcome! I think that you send me a message and I responded back. But if you didn't get it, I'll e-mail you and send a note over through deviantart. :)

sunrise-oasis

-Elfen lied
-Tusbasa
-Haruhi
-Shana
-Code Geas
-Chrono Crusade
-Lovesless
-Kenshin
-Saiyuki
-Inu Yasha
-Disgaea

Not sure if this counts but for once i would like to see some pokemon gym leader buttons..ya know, the emblem as a 3/4 view and have the gym leader there (all the regions..and the other version from the emerald saga....
its a silly idea but not sure if they would sell. its just an idea since .i always thought the badges are actually Pin ideas from the olympics XD!!!!! who knows XD!!!

naruto_ramen_1

Hi there ^__^

I have some questions for the veterans....

This will be my first time selling at Fanime and I was curiuos if someone could tell me the size of the crowd? Is it like Anime Expo? Is it busy on Friday even though kids are in school?  What is the crowd like on Monday?

Just trying to get some good numbers on what to bring since I'm coming from Texas :)

Also, does anyone has any good suggestions about how much stuff to bring?  ^^

Thanks in advance :)
Dattebayo!