Cosplay Spectacular 2008 [FINAL LIST POSTED] [LOCKED]

Started by angeljibrille, November 12, 2007, 08:29:21 AM

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

ranma12

Quote from: PenguinValentine on March 12, 2008, 12:11:32 AM
Won't it count as a "found" costume though? Not everyone can make leather gloves ~.~
Just don't tell them. Thought if your entering craftmen's ship idk u have to ask the leader

Mister_E

I wonder it the Emcee will Darryl Hwang from last year.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Lelouch

I have been trying to get in contact with Fanime about Masquerade for over a month now. I have a critical question that needs to be answered and cannot be asked upon a public forum. I have sent a PM and e-mailed twice with no response for over 2-3 months. Please get in contact with me on this subject. It is very important. Thank you!

Nina Star 9

Even though walk-ons are strongly discouraged, are they still allowed, just in case you simply cannot do a skit?

z_mikarin

Regarding to the very first post of this thread:

- Online Signups open on April 1, 2008, @ midnight.

Is this still on? I don't see any updates on the main Fanime site and now March 31...

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: z_mikarin on March 31, 2008, 08:15:22 AM
Regarding to the very first post of this thread:

- Online Signups open on April 1, 2008, @ midnight.

Is this still on? I don't see any updates on the main Fanime site and now March 31...

I'm wondering the same thing myself. As far as I know, the sign up date is still at midnight tonight...I'm just not quite sure WHERE to sign up. Oh the pain.

I'm just going to be checking the main site every now and then until midnight, and if nothing shows, I'll post it here...as much as I don't want to, that's the only other option I can see since everyone's pretty much in the dark about specifics.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

chobitsfan

I have been trying for weeks to figure out the rules and requirements for the cosplay event and have gotten no response yet. I know/think I am supposed to be signing up tonight but I have no idea how to. Somebody please help!

Bawlsy

Under contestant timeline they have listed for registration times.

# Online Registration Opens on 4/1/08 @ 11:59pm
# Online Registration Closes on 5/20/08 @ 11:59pm
Costume List For Fanime 2008!
~ Harold Belserius, Tales of Destiny 2 =10%
~ Jade Curtiss, Tales of the Abyss = 5%

DayDreamerNessa

So it is not tonight, the registration is tomorrow 11:59, not midnight april 1 ~_~
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: Bawlsy on April 01, 2008, 12:25:17 AM
Under contestant timeline they have listed for registration times.

# Online Registration Opens on 4/1/08 @ 11:59pm
# Online Registration Closes on 5/20/08 @ 11:59pm

So wait...it's 24 HOURS FROM NOW?!?......well that's amazingly anti-climactic. *sigh* I don't feel as if I've wasted my time. Nope...

now onto homework *donotwant*
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

Bawlsy

Yep. Thanks Fanime. Happy April 1st to you too. You got our hopes up.
Costume List For Fanime 2008!
~ Harold Belserius, Tales of Destiny 2 =10%
~ Jade Curtiss, Tales of the Abyss = 5%

chobitsfan

ok so I get that it is tomorrow night, will do. But how do I do it? where is the link/sign up/????

angeljibrille

Sorry guys >.<  it's always opened on April 1 at 11:59pm. It said so in my post ^^; Someone else posted incorrect information, I apologize...

It WILL be open tomorrow, swear, not an April Fool's joke.

I updated the first post in this thread, all info is up on the site.

I WOULD open it now... but it's still not quite done ^^;; tomorrow ... promise.

TY for your patience.

We are refinancing our house right now and work has been horrible (they are laying people off at my job) so Fanime has been put a bit aside, my apologies >.<  I'm back on it.

angeljibrille

Quote from: chobitsfan on April 01, 2008, 12:34:49 AM
ok so I get that it is tomorrow night, will do. But how do I do it? where is the link/sign up/????

A link will AUTOMAGICALLY appear on the page tomorrow night :)

http://www.fanime.com/events/cosplay-and-masquerade

Where it says:
Masquerade Registration (Opens April 1, 2008 @ 11:59pm PST)
Registered Groups (Opens April 1, 2008 @ 11:59pm PST)

Those will become links, you register, etc. there will be instructions.

Mister_E

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 01, 2008, 12:36:09 AM
Quote from: chobitsfan on April 01, 2008, 12:34:49 AM

A link will AUTOMAGICALLY appear on the page tomorrow night :)

http://www.fanime.com/events/cosplay-and-masquerade

Where it says:
Masquerade Registration (Opens April 1, 2008 @ 11:59pm PST)
Registered Groups (Opens April 1, 2008 @ 11:59pm PST)

Those will become links, you register, etc. there will be instructions.
Now to repeat my questions here.

can we use the stage? You know to get the feel of the area Also play the music before the doors open?

And where do we sign up and last question can we pick our numbers like I can be the 13th person to go on?

Thanks

angeljibrille

Quote from: Mister_E on April 01, 2008, 12:39:18 AM
Now to repeat my questions here.

can we use the stage? You know to get the feel of the area Also play the music before the doors open?

And where do we sign up and last question can we pick our numbers like I can be the 13th person to go on?

Thanks

Yes, there is an optional rehearsal on Saturday from 2pm - 4pm. This will be on the stage at the civic with music, lights, etc. We also will have a practice area in SJCC E if you would like to use it.

We reserve the first 10 spots for those with large costumes and younger children. The rest of the spots 11 -> 50 are first-come, first-serve.

So, if you get there on the first day when we open, it's likely we can give you position 13.

Mister_E

Okay thanks, 13 was just a random number. So I show up on Friday where do I go to check in?

angeljibrille

'k guys I am going to bed ^_^;; I will answer all forum questions and back e-mail on Saturday & Sunday.

If you are having trouble registering for any reason tomorrow -- e-mail me at [email protected], so I have a time stamp of when you tried to register.