Cosplay Spectacular 2008 [FINAL LIST POSTED] [LOCKED]

Started by angeljibrille, November 12, 2007, 08:29:21 AM

Mister_E

Quote from: *Sesshie's* Nina on April 02, 2008, 12:37:09 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:32:05 AM
Quote from: *Sesshie's* Nina on April 02, 2008, 12:25:25 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:22:17 AM
GAH It won't let me do anything, if I Register then do I have to paid for a badge or something?

You need a badge to be able to perform, so that would be a good thing. But the problem I had for a few minutes was to register for the masq, you need to register under the cosplay section.

So this means when it asks you to "log-in", select "new member" below the fill in bar and register in the cosplay section. THEN you can register for the masq.

Slightly convoluted, yes, but it works.
OH CRAP, the spots are filling up I hoped to get it but nothing is working!

Define "nothing is working"? I have no clue what your hang-up is, but I'll try to help
Well I sign-up as a new user, but when I log in with my laughing man user name and password I get error!
The person who sign-up months ago said that the badge info is on paypal and yet to be printed out and is busy right now, I want to get in I thought hard on my skit and I don't want to be put in the lotto!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

angeljibrille

GAH It won't let me do anything, if I Register then do I have to paid for a badge or something?

Step 1: Register

Step 2: Confirm your registration via the e-mail you get (LMK if you don't get an e-mail)

Step 3: Go back to the site (click here) and Log In

Step 4: Now you should be able to click on "Edit your FanimeCon Masquerade Registration"

Step 5: Add your skit!

angeljibrille

Quote from: z_mikarin on April 02, 2008, 12:24:34 AM
Question regarding to:

>STEP 2: Log In and Edit your FanimeCon Masquerade Registration
>Add members, change members, change your entire skit.

I didn't see any spot to write down about SKIT itself...where is it?
Is there a place to write down the script?
I only sew and filled the contestant members, special needs, light and music.

You do not need to tell me about the skit itself until the convention. As long as it follows the rules, I don't care what your skit is :) You just need to tell us about lighting, contestant members, special needs, and music.

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:41:46 AM

Step 2: Confirm your registration via the e-mail you get (LMK if you don't get an e-mail)

Step 4: Now you should be able to click on "Edit your FanimeCon Masquerade Registration"

Listen to her. She's the smart one.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Ellome on April 02, 2008, 12:37:33 AM
Yay, all registered 8D

Goofy question - I'm  making more than one costume for my group, should I put all on one form, or do separate forms for each?

Each individual costume needs a sheet, it makes it easier for the judges. Sorry and thanks :)

Mister_E

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:41:46 AM

I have yet to get an e-mail to my [email protected] account. I'm sorry I don't do well when I panic.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

angeljibrille

Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:44:24 AM
I have yet to get an e-mail to my [email protected] account. I'm sorry I don't do well when I panic.

It does not look like you registered yet, I don't have any record of that e-mail ... :/

https://www.anime-online.com/cosplay/signup.php

Make sure you hit submit at the bottom and that you have filled out the form correctly.

Your username can only contain lowercase letters, an underscore, and numbers.

You must fill out the entire form.

Then you should get the e-mail :)

Mister_E

Okay I did it, but do I have to type my username like this laughing_man?

angeljibrille

angeljibrille

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:52:57 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:52:19 AM

yes :)

PS, I still do not see that e-mail (or username) in the database. Are you sure you are pressing submit and it says that yes it was submitted?

Mister_E

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:54:14 AM
Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:52:57 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:52:19 AM

yes :)

PS, I still do not see that e-mail (our username) in the database. Are you sure you are pressing submit and it says that yes it was submitted?
No must be the under score!

angeljibrille

Mister_E

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:55:58 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:54:58 AM
No must be the under score!

kk. Keep trying until it works ^_^; I'll wait.
sorry...

It worked! thanks for putting up with me!

*does that bow they do in Japan*

but one more simple question then I will get out of your hair

Under Announce As is it my group name will he just say Neo-Zeon Productions or like "Now here's Neo-Zeon Productions with 'Here he comes to save the day'"

angeljibrille

Quote from: Mister_E on April 02, 2008, 12:57:22 AM
Under Announce As is it my group name will he just say Neo-Zeon Productions or like "Now here's Neo-Zeon Productions with 'Here he comes to save the day'"

Depends on who wnds up as the emcee XD, but likely the latter.

Mister_E

Alright sweet, I hope we get Darryl Hwang from last year he was the best.

And thank you sooo much, I will now get out of you hair, all my questions have been answers and Neo-Zeon Productions will give it its all!

WHO-HA!

Nina Star 9

*sigh of relief* I am finally registered. That takes a load off.

However, while you seem to be here, angeljibrille, I have a question about skits. I was thinking about a walk-on, even though I really don't want to do one and you guys really don't want me to do one, but it says on the webiste that at the very least, several poses can be a "minimal performance." So if I am understanding this right, that would noot be a walk-on and would be a performance, correct? I am not 100% sure of what I will be doing on stage at this point, so I am hesitant to fill out the information that talks about that, but if several poses is a "minimal performance," as in not a walk-on, I think I would feel a bit better about at least clicking the box that tells if I am doing a walk-on or skit.

I hope I made sense.

Ellome

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2008, 12:44:17 AM
Quote from: Ellome on April 02, 2008, 12:37:33 AM
Yay, all registered 8D

Goofy question - I'm  making more than one costume for my group, should I put all on one form, or do separate forms for each?

Each individual costume needs a sheet, it makes it easier for the judges. Sorry and thanks :)

No, it's no problem at all! Thanks for the quick response! :)

Oathkeeper

Hi...So i have a question that me and my group members have been trying to get answered for a while now.

We have a skit planned with the same characters from last year, however, every member of our group is remaking the costumes of the same characters that we used from last year. Is this acceptable?

Because technically, they aren't the same costumes, just the same character.

Thanks so much (ahead of time!)

fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

bubydub

I have questions:
For lighting, can there be tinted lighting? Like, at 0:30 seconds, can the lights be red, and turn to blue at 1 minute? Can there be flashing lights temporarily? (like the Pretear skit last year) and can you have a spotlight following someone? Thanks alot!

Mister_E

Hey uhh me again, where is the place that I turn  in ym music and do the Masquerade Check-in? Is it the same place I get my badge, I founf the map but I don't know where to go?